Heat

JNICOL

TDI
2011 Jetta
2011 Jetta has a few things going wrong. Windshield wipers only working intermittently. Have worked fine for a week now decided not to work.

Heater heats fine on drivers side of car but only blows out cool air on passenger side? Pumping out pretty cool air actually. Can anyone point me in a direction on what could be the issue with these problems? Any help would be appreciated.

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
Heat - probably the blending doors / compartment. Whoever fixes it will need to rip the whole interior out, fix, then replace. May be the heating coil has issues.

Wipers - check switches and wiring. I suppose it's possible the motors need replacing.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
when the wipers don't work, crank on the stalk real good, if they start working then congrats you diagnosed your problem

(fixed many turn signal switches by hosing them out with brake clean, you might be able to get similar luck with the wiper switch)

Heat sounds like your typical dual zone climate control issues. Work the dial back and forth a few times waiting a minute between flipping it end to end, sometimes that'll get them to relearn the door positions. You may well need to pull a blend door actuator and see if the doors are moving freely, and if the motor is moving. This'll tell you if it is the motor or the doors.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
get a multimeter and test the electrical wiring to the motor when its not working right, this will tell you if its the motor (getting volts but not working) vs a switch, wire, contact, relay etc (if no volts) trace back to issue, probably the contractor on the clockspring or a relay.
Heater is like 486 said, blend door memory is sticking. try and work it like he said.

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Wiper motor most likely needs replaced.
Mins did that when the plastic cog wear damaged.
That being said. Pull the cowl and test for power with the switch on to eliminate electrical issue.

Those aren't related and totally separate unless you have rodent damage in the dash behind the steering wheel.

Sent from my Armor_2 using Tapatalk

Duke_962

TDI
2003 jetta 5spd
Is this a dual or single heat zone car? If dual need to scan and find out positions of blend doors before taking anything apart to see if they aren't going to where they should be. If they are then the doors aren't an issue unless the linkage is broken (rare). If single zone (or dual with good door readings) very good chance your heater core is starting to clog on one side (pretty common on these cars) if you can disconnect the heater core lines in engine bay and blow air through them and catch the fluid coming out. Most likely there will be stuff floating in it and that's what clogged the core. At least the entire dash doesn't have to come out if that's the case on your car. My money would be on the heater core being clogged.

JNICOL

TDI
2011 Jetta
Have any of you heard of an in-car temp sensor, left front, right front? Saw several videos where they replaced this sensor on a golf and it fixed the problem. I found the part for a 2011 Jetta on VW’s part site but can not locate it on the car.

Duke_962

TDI
2003 jetta 5spd
Yes depending on dual or single zone system there can be several. Look at the values via vagcom and see if you have one sensor out in left field. Check basics first before changing parts. Also just because one value is lower then the other (if it’s a 2 zone car) that doesn’t mean the sensor is bad. If one side of the heater core is colder the sensor would read colder on that side. Check and see if you have stuff floating in the coolant.