Polar FIS+

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Ah, That's what I seem to need. I'll give that a try.

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
Yep - that's it. Wonderful.

May I ask where you located this disassembly info? It will help me to see the information that is not in the pic.

Thanks.
Go to this thread, the link is in post #1 and you can download it all, not sure if you need Drop Box to download it, I have Drop Box and it downloaded easily and remains a live document on my PC so I can follow the links etc. This is the 2015 body and chassis but please note it does not cover the diesel engine, only the petrol engine.
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18893

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Wunderbar. Vielen Dank.

It's still no easy task to remove that bottom trim piece. The cubby tray did come out with the advice given. Now that all the screws are off, there are not hints as to where to release clips. One on the left side was pretty obvious - you can actually see it. The ones at the top of the trim piece are hidden and a variety of pulling strengths, directions of pull, and suddenness of pull are not getting me anywhere. I did find that pulling the steering wheel out as far as I can helps to see a bit more. Sheesh. I wish there were visible screws to remove instead of all of these hidden clips. I guess I'm old school.

Last edited:

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
Wunderbar. Vielen Dank.

It's still no easy task to remove that bottom trim piece. The cubby tray did come out with the advice given. Now that all the screws are off, there are not hints as to where to release clips. One on the left side was pretty obvious - you can actually see it. The ones at the top of the trim piece are hidden and a variety of pulling strengths, directions of pull, and suddenness of pull are not getting me anywhere. I did find that pulling the steering wheel out as far as I can helps to see a bit more. Sheesh. I wish there were visible screws to remove instead of all of these hidden clips. I guess I'm old school.
You did remove the two hidden screws and the two bolts per the drawing right?

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
Yep, removed them all. The place it's stuck is in the upper right hand part of the diagram. No screws - just hidden tabs I can neither see nor get a separation tool into. I may take the risk and just yank and hope for the best. I doubt I can get the garage to over 65F [18C] this time of year, so the plastic is more brittle than I'd like it to be. Oy!

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
Yep, removed them all. The place it's stuck is in the upper right hand part of the diagram. No screws - just hidden tabs I can neither see nor get a separation tool into. I may take the risk and just yank and hope for the best. I doubt I can get the garage to over 65F [18C] this time of year, so the plastic is more brittle than I'd like it to be. Oy!
And you removed the side panel right? That hides one of the screws. The diagram shows pulling outwards on the top part of the piece. Maybe a hair dryer to soften it a bit. I know where you're at on these plastic parts, they can be a real PITA

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah, I had all the screws out. Turns out in the MkVii, there is a clip below the trim piece along the tunnel next to the driver's leg. It is briefly mentioned in another diagram. I pulled hard on it and it came loose. The plug for the connector is just above the steering column, not above the accelerator pedal as described for another model. It's tight, but I was able to get it to connect. However, only error codes. I drove it for a few miles, about 10 minutes. None of them disappeared and the screen is not working as I had hoped. I'm busy with work tomorrow, but hope to call Kerma when they're open. I know it's updated to the most recent software. Flashing glow plug light, airbag warning, lighting warning, interior lights didn't work correctly . . . I hope it's an easy and quick fix. i really want this to work.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
best of luck report back

tleader

Veteran Member
TDI
None
So I got one from Kerma, and my son is helping with the update. Seems 2.4 s the one you're recommending. He says there is a red and a white 2.4. He's having trouble getting MQB to go well. The unit they shipped says PF04 on it. I hope they didn't ship the wrong one! We'll se how this works.

If u indeed have the PF04, that would be the incorrect one for the MQB platform. My Polar specifically says MQB(PF05) on the outside and works perfectly fine. I don’t believe any amount of updating to the PF04 is going to work in your GSW, but I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
That's what we'll be finding out. Yes, I have the MQB version. I had mistakenly ordered the incorrect one originally and you couldn't even begin the software update process. This one was updated to the most up-to-date software. I'm thinking something ls is amiss.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks. I didn't remove the headlight switch and all is fine. In talking with the Kerma folks today, I guess i could have expected that unplugging the unit would cause all of the error codes. I am to plug he unit back in and go to Schucks and have a code reader to turn off the codes and see how it works. I'll try that this eve, but eliminating the polar unit and plugging the original pieces back together gives no warning lights. More fun to be had under the dash. Stay tuned. Pun fully intended.

tleader

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I updated recently from the 2.4 to 2.5 and lost a few parameters. Not sure why is would no longer work on ones that had previously worked. If I can’t get them to work, I might revert back to 2.4. Anyone else experience this with the update?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
one step forward, two steps back!

Which parameters were lost?

tleader

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I lost the DPF PSI, DPF Soot Load thus far. There is another one that went missing too, but I cannot find exactly what is was that I'm missing, only a blank spot with zeros on the display. They are not even choices now in the list of parameters. I might try to re-update and see if that may fix the issue. If not, I going back down to 2.4

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'd say give it 2 more years.

I kinda want to be a guinnea pig for the Alltrack as I'm guessing it'd be more "supported" but not enough to drop that kinda coin. There's so few sensors measurements on the TSI I wouldn't gain a ton, CIAT, AFR & boost is pretty much the only thing i'd want to watch, (there's no EGT probs on the 1.8t). The cherry on the top would be if it could give a haldex % split front and rear, then I'd like to pull the trigger.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
I lost the DPF PSI, DPF Soot Load thus far. There is another one that went missing too, but I cannot find exactly what is was that I'm missing, only a blank spot with zeros on the display. They are not even choices now in the list of parameters. I might try to re-update and see if that may fix the issue. If not, I going back down to 2.4
Man I hope that's not a lost cause. Those and some sort of EGT are the main parameters I'm wanting to monitor. Adding coolant temp in the heating season, which is August to May for us. :eek:

tleader

Veteran Member
TDI
None
When I downgraded to 2.4, I have the DPF PSI, ADBLUE used, and all the other DPF parameters back. Seems that 2.5 has not been perfected yet.

Scott02

Veteran Member
TDI
Too Many
When I downgraded to 2.4, I have the DPF PSI, ADBLUE used, and all the other DPF parameters back. Seems that 2.5 has not been perfected yet.
Haven't visited this thread since my last post, which was when I updated to 2.5.

And now I read in several posts that 2.5 wasn't as good as 2.4, which was the version I skipped over... OF COURSE 2.5 isn't as good as 2.4. I can't say I'm even remotely surprised by this anymore, just par for this course. Sad.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
So I've tried several options and I'm getting nothing. I back dated to the 0.2.4 and reinstalled the unit and the display looks like the unit is not even in place. No error codes [HOORAY!] but I get no information. It's as if the unit is not even in place. I'll call Kerma tomorrow and ask what else they advise. I'd really like to put my car back together since the heater works so much better with all of the pieces in place. I'll update when I get there.

Grigg3

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta wagon, 15 Golf wagon
I'm still running 0.2.5b from 2.5 months ago with no issues. Haven't tried any newer versions either.

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
I'm still running 0.2.5b from 2.5 months ago with no issues. Haven't tried any newer versions either.
Is your display normal or is it jumpy and different sized fonts like many have reported?

Grigg3

Veteran Member
TDI
The 3rd line is larger font.
If it jumps around as the values change I don't notice it any more.. I'll have to check.

Grigg3

Veteran Member
TDI
Clarification,
I'm still running the old 0.2.5b
First two lines are useful font size.
Third line is large, values and units show but not usually label for what they are.
Fourth line is very small, useful but hard to see.

They are all center justified so when the values change enough to add or remove a character, or even between narrow and wide ones it shifts left and right some. This originally bothered me but I got over it.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
sounds like progress

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm running 2.4 and it does not seem to be jumping around as much as the videos led me to believe. If I watch it closely, I may see a bit of shift going from -9 t -10 C for instance. Otherwise, non-issue.

Also for those watching the thread - you need to scroll on the screen in the center, NOT the one by the radio controls to AUDIO. Not to telephone. I hope that helps someone.

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Any new updates that are worth it? I still dont have Intake Temp. but apparently that has since been added? Just wanted to see if anyone had some information before I put my lower dash back together