David - OttoStadt

Jlaasf

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI
Found out I needed a timing belt done on my Jetta after purchasing it in January this year. Really wasn't planning on spending the cash right now. Found David through the site.

With some guidance from another local member, I was happy with what David was offering for my timing belt service and went ahead with the work.

Also did and oil change for me and fixed my cruise control. Price was great, knows his stuff, done well as far as I could tell. Test drove the car with me afterwards. He had a concern with lack of power and MAF vag-com readings. I felt it was fine (been driving my STi so the VW feels very slow). I left happy with suggestions to fix the MAF.

Driving home, I did feel it was underpowered. Couldn't hear the turbo spool in city driving when I got home. Knew something was wrong. Spoke to David, gave me ideas and assured me he would fix it when he was back in town if I didn't he anywhere.

Met up with another member tonight after my CEL came on. A couple vag-com scans later, we found it wasn't making boost and my MAF was off. Popped the hood and found a vacuum line disconnected....fixed all my problems, including the MAF.

So, I'm quite happy with David, his service during and after the TB and a big thanks to a local member, ymz, for his help. Wouldn't hesitate to bring the car back to David for further service.

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
I left happy with suggestions to fix the MAF..... Driving home, I did feel it was underpowered..... Knew something was wrong..... Popped the hood and found a vacuum line disconnected....fixed all my problems, including the MAF.
This sounds like David left a vacuum line disconnected, mis-diagnosed the problem as a bad MAF, then sent you on your way - or am I misunderstanding your post?

Simon

Jlaasf

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI
There was a line off. When dropping the engine back down, I think it popped off. The MAF was reading improperly, due to the vac line being disconnected. I left on my own thinking the car was feeling "normal". He wanted me to be happy with the test drive, which I was. After further driving, I found it to be underpowered. So no, he didn't just send me on my way.