Milwaukee, WI GTG, Saturday, May 22nd @ West Allis Auto Club

6x6man

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 1999.5 Jetta, 2001 Golf, 2003 Jetta Wagon, and too many others I've lost count
Back by popular demand, I'm hosting another GTG at the West Allis Auto Club. Jeff from RocketChip is scheduled to attend (see the Wiki page to place you name on the waiting list.) and I will be talking to the rest of the vendors that attended the previous GTG to see if they can join us too.

Same format as the previous GTG, (see the Wiki page for more details.)

Questions :confused:, ask, I'll try and answer?

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
as a member of vortex as well as here, there is a milwaukee spring kick off show the same day up in hubertus, WI starting at 3 p.m. so anyone interested in heading over there for some drinks and modified gasoline dubs its sure to be a good time.
for those that are interested, one of the organizers of the show just recently finished swapping a mk3 tdi motor into a 4 door rabbit. granted the "scene" is different, but would love to see some more tdi's than just myself.

link to vortex page
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4759315

and the separate webpage
http://www.scootersgtg.webs.com/

just noting this for those who are interested in all vws, not just tdis. willing to lead anyone who is interested in going over to the gtg.

TDI
None
Chris, thanks again for putting this together! I had a great time last year! Just wondering if there is going to be any more parking available this year. Seemed like we were a little cramped last year but it ended up being perfect. Just thinking that if you have a larger turn out it will be a little harder to cram everyone in.

Also do you mind if we add a "Member items for sale" section to the wiki? I have a few things I wouldn't mind parting with.

Thanks again!

6x6man

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 1999.5 Jetta, 2001 Golf, 2003 Jetta Wagon, and too many others I've lost count
For Sale/Wanted section added to Wiki page. Parking issues.

Ausgezeichnet TDi said:
Chris, thanks again for putting this together! I had a great time last year! Just wondering if there is going to be any more parking available this year. Seemed like we were a little cramped last year but it ended up being perfect. Just thinking that if you have a larger turn out it will be a little harder to cram everyone in.

Also do you mind if we add a "Member items for sale" section to the wiki? I have a few things I wouldn't mind parting with.

Thanks again!
Your welcome. I'm happy to be able to do so. As for parking, I'll see what I can do. As long as the ground is not soft, we should be able to park on the grass at the end of the lot towards the tracks. I'll see what I can do about making sure the grass is cut and put out some signs. I will also check with the West Allis Wood Workers Club that we share the building with and see if they mind if we use their portion of the paved lot (the area under the billboard.

Per your request, a Parts For Sale/Wanted section has been added to Wiki page.

MAW

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen
Crap, I will be on vacation in Colorado that weekend. I wanted to chip my 09:(

6x6man

Veteran Member
TDI
Are there any Zaino Show Car Polish users that plan to attend? An old friend of mine is the Milwaukee area distributor of Zaino products, I can ask him if he would be interested/available to attend our little GTG. It's not cheap stuff but it works awesome and I'd venture to say that it is the best product on the market, (but then I've been out of that loop for a while now.)

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
MAW said:
Mark,

You can leave the beast with me for the week!;)

traubenberg

Veteran Member
TDI
B5.5 Passat (wagon)
MAW said:
I'll be in Rkfd a week or two before the GTG. And I live just 30-40 minutes from West Allis. Gimme the keys and I'll get it done for ya!

(At least 55% of this post is for the sake of humor.)

6x6man

Veteran Member
TDI
Anyone coming to the GTG that has ready access to B100? I can't find a B100 source here in SE WI.

MAW

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen
traubenberg said:
I'll be in Rkfd a week or two before the GTG. And I live just 30-40 minutes from West Allis. Gimme the keys and I'll get it done for ya!

(At least 55% of this post is for the sake of humor.)
TDI Club has a lot of helpfull people on it;)

6x6man

Veteran Member
TDI
squire89 said:
interested in watching the control arm bushing replacement...i'll be doing that soon.
When I recently did the struts on my '99.5 Jetta, I did both the front and rear bushings on the A-arms. Peter from IDParts told me that the fronts probably didn't need to be replaced since they typically don't wear out. I did them anyway since I had the A-arms off the car and I had the bushings already. The fronts were more difficult than the rears. I'm not sure if it is possible to change the bushings without completely removing the A-arms from the car. With the A-arms off the car already, pressing the old ones out and the new ones in, is probably a 30 minute job.

Pugsley

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Beetle
HAHA... My oil leak is still leaking... If I don't do it before then that gives me something to do as well as help out more this time. Maybe ill even have my TDI sand rail running by then. But i Doubt that.

Looking forward to another great GTG.

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
I found out I won the money for my tune thanks to march madness! How much are the tunes? I haven't got a straight answer from anyone yet. I'm looking at a RC1+. Thanks.

Oh and I will be adding myself to the list of tunes soon, just have to verify I can get the day off first.

nic_a_bod

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
Not sure if prices have changed since Jeff's email. This email response is from Feb 23rd

Jetta/Golf/NB PD TDI: oem = 100hp/177ftlbs (15.5psi max boost)

Stage 1 (17psi) add'l 15hp/25ftlbs - $315 (plus $30 for overnight mail order shipping)
(Street Modified - no other mods needed)

Stage 2 (18.5psi) add'l 30hp/45ftlbs - $380 (plus $30 for overnight mail order shipping)
(Hi Performance - clutch upgrade, intake exhaust, gages, boostvalve)

Stage 3 (20psi) add'l 55hp/90ftlbs - $480
(Race - above mods plus intercooler, injectors, differential, axles, and turbo upgrade)

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
I/we'll be there. Mostly hang out though I would like to take my passenger door panel apart and figure out why the trunk latch circuit doesn't work and now there seems to be a spring gone on the inside door opening latch.

I just paid $150 to go from RC3 to RC4 and it is just so much fun to drive! :)

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
Thanks for the response. Any idea what the RC1+ offers vs the RC1?

nic_a_bod said:
Not sure if prices have changed since Jeff's email. This email response is from Feb 23rd

Jetta/Golf/NB PD TDI: oem = 100hp/177ftlbs (15.5psi max boost)

Stage 1 (17psi) add'l 15hp/25ftlbs - $315 (plus $30 for overnight mail order shipping)
(Street Modified - no other mods needed)

Stage 2 (18.5psi) add'l 30hp/45ftlbs - $380 (plus $30 for overnight mail order shipping)
(Hi Performance - clutch upgrade, intake exhaust, gages, boostvalve)

Stage 3 (20psi) add'l 55hp/90ftlbs - $480
(Race - above mods plus intercooler, injectors, differential, axles, and turbo upgrade)

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
D-Cell_Mekanick said:
Thanks for the response. Any idea what the RC1+ offers vs the RC1?
Sign up to be chipped and then ask Jeff your question. I support him all the way as his tunes have done wonders for my car's performance. Check out the Dyno Day in Platteville thread and you will see my car out performed a PD with a "hot" Kerma tune!!!

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
Curious Chris said:
Sign up to be chipped and then ask Jeff your question. I support him all the way as his tunes have done wonders for my car's performance. Check out the Dyno Day in Platteville thread and you will see my car out performed a PD with a "hot" Kerma tune!!!
And an ALH with a "hot" RC tune :)