2005 Jetta TDI wagon for sale in Salt Lake

Utmuscle

TDI
2005 Jetta GLS wagon
2005 Jetta GLS TDI wagon 4 sale black grey leather interior
250,000 miles 34-45 mpg
$3500
Window tinting, skid plate, frost engine heater, rear spoiler iPhone/connection, extra set of Bizzak snow tires, Malone stage 1.5 tune (130 hp), LED interior lights, gray leather interior in good condition. New Michelins last fall. I drive this daily about 35 miles on mixed highway/city and I get consistently 37 mpg. In the winter it drops to 32 but I’ve gotten 45 on the highway.
Transmission valves were replaced 2 years ago because it didn’t want to go in gear but it shifts fine now. Sometimes when it’s cold it’s slow to go into drive but shifts fine once it does.
No rattles or rust or leaks.
Issues,
The damn glove box latch is broken. (why did they make these so cheap?)
The paint on the hood is fading. The clear coat is gone. The rest of the car looks good.
The drivers seat bolster has a small tear from wear but otherwise is in good shape.
The back bumper was repaired when someone slid into me. His license plate holder punched a hole in the bumper. Insurance paid to repair it
I backed into my garage door and scraped up the rear bumper but it’s not too bad.
Otherwise everything to my knowledge works. I’ve taken good care of this car and it’s treated me well. I think it’s got another 100k of life in it. I bought it with 159k miles.
I’ve only used 5w30 Liquimoly full synthetic oil and changed it myself every 5000 miles. It uses about 1/2 qt of oil between changes.
I have some extra parts I’ll throw in for someone who knows how to take care of her. PM me with an email and I'll send photos.

Well maintained
Major repair history:
248,000 miles new lift pump
245,000 miles new front brakes and rotors
224,000 miles new power steering rack w/ tie rods
239,000 miles new AC fan
2017 new 3 year battery
new transmission valves
230,000 miles new wheel bearing, sway bar bushings, intake flap motor
216,000 miles new timing belt, right motor mount, right cv boot
2015 injectors cleaned recalibrated by DBW LLC
207,000 miles new rear brakes and rotors
2011 new front suspension rebuilt with new Koni FSM struts
2011 new injector nozzles Bosio DLC 150P installed by DBW LLC
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/391291848032330

Last edited:

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Can't tell from the pics - seat heaters?

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
It really all depends on the market. It is a good car. Being a auto doesn't help with most TDIs though. Good luck with the sale.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Utmuscle

TDI
2005 Jetta GLS wagon
Thanks Coalminer. I appreciate all the advise and info from everyone over the past 8 years. Especially JasonTDI. I've learned a lot about TDI's and I still like them but it's time for something bigger. This little wagon is still fun to drive and rides like new. I don't even mind the automatic. Especially in stop and go traffic but the back seat is just too small for adults and I can't get my elderly parents back there if I ever want to get them out again ��
I have family in Wisconsin if anyone up there is looking.