Restitution payment after purchase of fixed used 2015?

Leeshepard

TDI
2015 a3
If I buy a used 2015 that has already gotten the first stage fix, who gets the payment after the stage two fix? Me or the seller?

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
If I buy a used 2015 that has already gotten the first stage fix, who gets the payment after the stage two fix? Me or the seller?
You get the last 1/3 of the modification money.

Money in the bank ~~ maybe.

IF the other owner has messed with the unit with MODs you may be out of luck, on the 1/3 modification money.

and maybe the 11 year, 162,000 warranty

Be careful.

Mark_J

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI Passat SEL Premium, 2017 Fiat Spider, 2017 Ford F350 6.7 Diesel crew cab PU, 2016 Harley Trike, 2016 Tesla Model X P90D (I know went to the dark side)
I would think if it had the 1st stage fix already done, the mods should have been discovered. But seeing as the 1st stage fix is only software, I suppose the mods might have been missed depending on how meticulous the mechanic is. I understand when the 2nd stage is finished they will be taking pictures of the exhaust while it is on the lift. Do they take pictures during the 1st stage fix?

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
I would think if it had the 1st stage fix already done, the mods should have been discovered. But seeing as the 1st stage fix is only software, I suppose the mods might have been missed depending on how meticulous the mechanic is.

I understand when the 2nd stage is finished they will be taking pictures of the exhaust while it is on the lift. Do they take pictures during the 1st stage fix?
Good question

As the warranty is (most likely) the longest, most expensive on the planet, VW will surely be looking to challenge blatant MODs -- IMO

Guessing we will have future threads about individuals who do MOD a "fixed" TDi; Then suffer a warranty issue. Will be interesting

lawnarjax

TDI
2015 GSW TDI SEL, 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD, 1994 Safari Trek (Isuzu 4BD2TC)
So just to be clear, I just bought a CPO 2015 TDI from a VW dealer, Phase 1 is done. When I take it in for Phase 2 changes I am still eligible for money? I thought I read the opposite in another thread. I am starting to feel bad for VW if they have to pay me again. Thanks in advance for any clarification.

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
You probably will not get Phase I money (2/3 of the VW money). However, WHEN you DO the Phase II fix, you should get that money (1/3 of the VW money). No PHase II - no money.

ilyago

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta S DSG
I bought a 2015 NOS Jetta TDI - am I eligible for that 1/3? If not, how does VW force me to get the Phase 2 performed?

Freeze Plug

Veteran Member
TDI
Turd Sandwich
I was told no on the latter 1/3 but my dealer also knows nothing - I'd like a concrete source to verify this!

duratitus

Veteran Member
TDI
Several different models. Selling them back to VW
Here's a direct quote from vwcourtsettlement.com under the FAQ section,

"The Approved Emissions Modification for model year 2015 vehicles will be completed in two stages. Upon completion of the first stage of the Approved Emissions Modification, claimants will receive 2/3 of the payment amount to which they are entitled. Upon completion of the second stage of the Approved Emissions Modification, claimants will receive the last 1/3 of the payment amount to which they are entitled. If you sell or otherwise transfer ownership of your vehicle before the second stage of the Approved Emissions Modification can be completed, you will not be eligible to receive the last 1/3 of the payment, but the new owner will be able to submit a claim and complete the second stage of the approved emissions modification to receive the last 1/3 of the payment."

jdyno718

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Passat SE Manual
Haha I asked this question in another thread a moth or so ago and people said "no, not entitled to second 1/3"... funny

93celicaconv

Veteran Member
TDI
Turned in my 2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition to VW, DSG, Nav, Sunroof / Replaced with a 2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Does it make a difference if you just bought one of the new left over 2015's and the dealer already did the first part?
Anyone have an answer to this question?

Mark_J

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI Passat SEL Premium, 2017 Fiat Spider, 2017 Ford F350 6.7 Diesel crew cab PU, 2016 Harley Trike, 2016 Tesla Model X P90D (I know went to the dark side)
I have been told by VW that this only applies to existing 2015's that owners already had before the scandal broke. But it does not apply tp people like me who bought one of the new 2015's after the 1st 1/2 of the emissions was already fixed before the dealer sold the car. But I could be wrong too. So if I am incorrect, please post it here.

93celicaconv

Veteran Member
TDI
Turned in my 2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition to VW, DSG, Nav, Sunroof / Replaced with a 2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
I believe so.. did not all of them have to have that done ( the first part of fix) before the dealer could sell them?? We are talking about the "new" ones right?

93celicaconv

Veteran Member
TDI
What did you find out on the portal?

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
same deal here - i didn't imagine there would be any claim for restitution when i bought phase 1 fixed, used '15 a few weeks ago. figured i'd check on the portal just for fun, and whaddayaknow - it tells me i'm eligible for more free $.
i don't have the title yet, and so can't register it, but will report back when i complete the steps... and it does not specify which portion i qualify for, but i'd imagine that it'll be the final 1/3 ($2500) at best.

this just keeps getting better with each day that passes!

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
somebody got a link to the portal?? thanx

3fordasho

TDI
15 Passat 6M
I bought a used, phase 1 fix applied 2015 Passat on 9/5/17. I put the info into the portal that night and up to the stage you submit documents it says I'm eligible for the full fix funds. I don't believe this will be the case but I'll submit documents when I have them and see what happens.

Did yours already have the Phase I fix done before you bought it?

Go to https://claims.vwgoa.com and enter your information on the 2015 VW Passat and see what it tells you.

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
.This IS a "new" passat from the vw dealer..Here's what I got on the portal..."The VIN entered is not covered under the scope of the Settlements. Please visit www.vwcourtsettlement.com for more information on vehicles covered by the Settlements." ....so what happens when the 2nd. phase is due?? dealer gets it?

Last edited:

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
then if i look it up in another vw official 2.0 diesel settlement program site it says...this vehicle IS included..."The VIN entered is included in the terms of the proposed 2.0L Settlements. Both Vehicle and Owner/Lessee eligibility stipulations apply in order to participate in the Settlements. Visit the Check My Eligibility section of this website to determine if you may qualify for benefits under the proposed Settlements and take next steps to understand your options..." go figure!

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I went to your site listed and it just spun me around to the previous site I went to above and got the same answer. Your site said "eligible" and the second said "not".

I just sent a note to the attorneys asking this question. We will see if anything is due after part 2.

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Spoke with one of the attorneys tonight and sent him my VIN and a screenshot of the error/not included in the settlement page. He said he will check into it. The one drawback may be that the car was never registered as it is a new left over and not used. The wording in the settlement says something to the effect it must have been registered at some point in time. He will get back to me with any news he finds out, one way or the other. Sure would be nice to get something not expected.

TDI
'15 GSW DSG SE
I’m in the same situation. Sold my 2010 back to VW, bought a fixed CPO 2015, waited for the title, uploaded all the documents, waited some more, they wanted the bill of sale so I uploaded that, waited some more and then got denied today.

Maybe because it was a buyback as well? I’ll be calling today to find out more and will reply back here.

93celicaconv

Veteran Member
TDI
I’m in the same situation. Sold my 2010 back to VW, bought a fixed CPO 2015, waited for the title, uploaded all the documents, waited some more, they wanted the bill of sale so I uploaded that, waited some more and then got denied today.

Maybe because it was a buyback as well? I’ll be calling today to find out more and will reply back here.
I'm contemplating being in the exact same situation as you are in now (letting VW buy-back my 2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition, buying a Phase 1 fixed CPO (certified pre-owned, meaning it was previously owned and titled) and wanting to know if there was a potential restitution available (more interested if there is a partial restitution available for Phase II of the fix on the 2015 that is yet to be done - not really expecting a restitution payment for a fix performed before I purchase the 2015).

Please do let us know after you find out more, and find out either way if you are eligible for a Phase II restitution after getting the Phase II emissions fix done also.