HELP!! Need '01 ALH EDC15 engine computer!

BuzzKen

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'10 Touareg TDI, '09 335D, '10 X5D
I have an '01 Golf TDI and due to an ooopsy while uploading a new tune, me engine computer is now dead. If anyone has one I can buy tonight in the GTA it would be a great help as this is my daily driver. Am I correct in assuming I can just plug in another EDC15 from a tdi and it will run? The immobilizer is in the instrument cluster from what I understand. If anyone can help tonight, please PM me your phone number. THANKS!!!!

MoldovaDIZEL

Vendor
TDI
mk4 TDI, 98 Cabrio AAZ
i have 2 extras. 75$ picked up.

one ends in BD and the other CB* i believe, both work for 2000-2001.

im in Guelph however...

Last edited:

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
It is not quite plug & play. You need a Vag-com to introduce your new ECM to the cluster to make the immobilizer happy. The good news is, you do not need a SKC. It is a simple 2 minute procedure with the Vag-com.

BuzzKen

TDI
How do I do the re-learn procedure or what is it called so I can search it? THX!!!

BuzzKen

TDI
Put my used ecu in from the source, runs 19.5psi and pulls hard, I guess I got one with a tune in it. :))))))

BuzzKen

TDI
I disconnected my boost valve, it doesn't spike more that 21 and holds nice and solid. I'm going to read the file today and see if there is any info in it to see whose tune it is.

If my turbo gives up, I will have a good excuse to explain to the wife why I need a new one :)