www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old June 14th, 2018, 05:10   #1846
jeffcapp99
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfTDISA View Post
The Ankura is not reporting this correctly at all. We all need to start sending emails and complain about this ,someone post their email addresses please ,in order for them to correct this reporting.
I love how they say Months instead a Year + some months of waiting in order to discuss the offenders or (us) . They are sweeping this issue under the carpet until next report August 25 ??? I think we need to start emailing and complaining again .
I agree it is very frustrating. Reading this report you do it get a true sense of what certain groups are going through. Ankura,the CRC, and plaintiff counsel are in the tank for VW. Frustrating.
jeffcapp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 06:21   #1847
GolfTDISA

Default Email contacts
Here are all of the emails addresses again, if you haven't already please write a quick note ,anything is better than nothing. If anyone else has other email address of others to include on this please let me know i will update this post.

LEAD ATTORNEY Class Counsel
ecabraser@lchb.com
pgnguyen@lchb.com
apoole@lchb.com
t 415.956.1000 ext. 2236

ANKURA COURT APPOINTED CLAIMS SUPERVISOR
terrence.brody@ankura.com
john.hays@ankura.com
1.202.481.1337 Direct
GolfTDISA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 06:37   #1848
single94

Default Update

Another option is to advise ankura, class counsel, the judge that the claims on hold are not being reported accurately or at all as agreed in the settlement, sweeping remaining claims under the table. It appears they are continuing to delay all claims with any accident history regardless of title type. We all know this is a clear violation of the settlement. In the beginning all titles, damage were accepted, now that vw is close to the end they change the agreement to suit their needs much like changing the software to cheat in the first place. Completely unethical I guess they need to pay more in fines have more bad pr, let's all do our part to get this moving in the right direction again. We need to get answers to complete, this shouldn't matter if you have 1 or 5000 it's the same terms for all, these cars pollute need EPA fix worst case. Does anyone have EPA contacts be good idea to advise them vw will not fix our cars or buyback.
single94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 06:43   #1849
jeffcapp99
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by single94 View Post
Another option is to advise ankura, class counsel, the judge that the claims on hold are not being reported accurately or at all as agreed in the settlement, sweeping remaining claims under the table. It appears they are continuing to delay all claims with any accident history regardless of title type. We all know this is a clear violation of the settlement. In the beginning all titles, damage were accepted, now that vw is close to the end they change the agreement to suit their needs much like changing the software to cheat in the first place. Completely unethical I guess they need to pay more in fines have more bad pr, let's all do our part to get this moving in the right direction again. We need to get answers to complete, this shouldn't matter if you have 1 or 5000 it's the same terms for all, these cars pollute need EPA fix worst case. Does anyone have EPA contacts be good idea to advise them vw will not fix our cars or buyback.

Single94 is spot on. These cars need to be removed from the road. It does not matter who turns them in or where they came from. I did contact a Johnathan Cohen but he did not get back to me. I believe someone on this post much earlier said he spoke to EPA or FTC and they told him consolidators were a good thing as they were getting them off he road quicker.

My complaint is the delays for unknown reasons. LAck of communication and them changing the agreement. Frustrating. I just wish the judge knew our complaints.
jeffcapp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 10:32   #1850
GolfTDISA

Just did send a complaint letter to Ankura independent reporters , I hope everyone else will do the same , we need to complain as much as we can .

Last edited by GolfTDISA; June 14th, 2018 at 13:24.
GolfTDISA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2018, 16:14   #1851
CalGuy

TDI(s): Q5

Question 57 of the long form notice here;

https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/wp...m%20Notice.pdf

tells how to contact the court. If we want action fro the court and feel the reports are not accurate (they are not) instead of dealing with Ankura etc. why not send letter to the court?
I have sent a letter.... But this really is a question for those with experience in the legal system - lawyers or otherwise. Might this actually get to the judge?
CalGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2018, 13:38   #1852
Jkhalil123

TDI(s): jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalGuy View Post
Question 57 of the long form notice here;

https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/wp...m%20Notice.pdf

tells how to contact the court. If we want action fro the court and feel the reports are not accurate (they are not) instead of dealing with Ankura etc. why not send letter to the court?
I have sent a letter.... But this really is a question for those with experience in the legal system - lawyers or otherwise. Might this actually get to the judge?
but deadline was on 2016
Jkhalil123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2018, 04:53   #1853
single94

Default Press

Looks like vw in the news again. My car is turned in, but i still dont think what they are doing is morally correct. They keep doing unethical things, cheating, delaying, changing settlement, taking more time, delaying, denying without any reasons to backup each denied claim. Its ridiculous to think they can get away with it, all these cars are registered and polluting now and not taken off the road. Worst case scenario if they are denied buyback i would assume they are 100 eligible for the fix. They cannot deny this for any reason, i think all need to file claim for fix and buyback that way your covered for both options prior to Sept 1st. Has anyone ever been denied the fix? The fix still costs vw money and you get partial restitution for bringing in? Not to mention the 11 year warranty which makes the car more marketable to resale down the line.

Here is the article, more vw crooks being locked up.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1JE0R3
single94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2018, 10:30   #1854
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

Please! Every car has always been eligible for the fix no matter what. The only question has been is do you get any financial gain for doing it. VW can't do any of this on its own. Complain about the legal system that allows what you say to happen. If the Judge permits it, it is the Judges/legal systems fault not VW's. Every defendant will try and minimize their penalty. It is the legal system that allows any changes/reductions in sentence/penalty. Without the Judges consent nothing can change.
Old June 21st, 2018, 13:31   #1855
yurkin89

TDI(s): 2014 Jetta

Any one else get past offer letter approval?

1 month down, offer letter still under review.
yurkin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2018, 19:27   #1856
E2Tdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurkin89 View Post
Any one else get past offer letter approval?

1 month down, offer letter still under review.
Just received mine this week
E2Tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:00   #1857
xcdhracer15
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E2Tdi View Post
Just received mine this week
when was yours submitted ?
xcdhracer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:37   #1858
jhuber

I received the appointment schedule email last night (6/21). I uploaded the offer letter on 5/9. Appointment is scheduled for 7/12.

Interestingly, it seems that turning in the car cannot be done at all dealers. The closest dealer to me is in Arlington, TX, but I could not turn the car in there; I had to go to the Ft. Worth dealer.
jhuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:31   #1859
xcdhracer15
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhuber View Post
I received the appointment schedule email last night (6/21). I uploaded the offer letter on 5/9. Appointment is scheduled for 7/12.

Interestingly, it seems that turning in the car cannot be done at all dealers. The closest dealer to me is in Arlington, TX, but I could not turn the car in there; I had to go to the Ft. Worth dealer.
I submitted mine may 10th so hoping to get appointment schedule soon....
xcdhracer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:34   #1860
TDIforDays
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhuber View Post
As of February of this year, participation in buyback is no longer mandatory for VW dealerships. My dealer told me that they do not get any money from VW for this. This just gives them a chance to get 1st dibs on a clean TDI if one comes in and of course a chance to sell another car.

Most dealers in the big city opted out (i guess because they dont have space to hold these cars) so now I have to go 20 miles outside of the city to the country locations.
TDIforDays is online now   Reply With Quote