www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old June 13th, 2018, 14:12   #16
Hasenwerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada_TDI View Post
Here is a different math version of boost using a 2.5 vs. a 3.0 bar Map sensor. If your tune does not throw an immediate error--some do not--putting a 3 bar MAP sensor on a 2.5 bar tune your boost will increase by 20%. Why is this? Because 0.5 is 20% of 2.5 so a 3 bar MAP sensor will "scale" about 20% more boost. The 1.3 factor mentioned above might be correct when going the other way from using a 2.5 on a 3 bar MAP tune.
You need to add some fuzzy logic here! If you put a 3.0 in place of a 2.5 bar MAP it isn't 20% more boost across the board - only at the top of the scale. It's the high number that changes and not the bottom number! So at 4.5V output, the 3 bar is at 3000mbar and 2.5 is at 2500mbar (actually 2600!), so 120%. However, at 0.5V both are at the same pressure which is basically to zero and that's "no change". At 1000mbar the difference would be around 7%
Hasenwerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 17:52   #17
DI fan
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 42 city(wife) 44 city(me) 48 highway. Best 52

My new 3 bar map fixed the issues. Yes the new one has the slots in the metal inserts. And does not throw any codes. Thanks for the help all. Now I just need to dial in the fine details of the new tune and nozzles....... Dial in IQ for light haze at WOT and figure out max RPM.

My old tune went to 5200. With the new tune I've been shifting for test purposes at 5500. It may go higher but my tach only goes to 5500. I'll have to use vag-com to figure it out. I suppose I could ask my tuner.
DI fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 21:40   #18
jsrmonster
Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DI fan View Post
My new 3 bar map fixed the issues. Yes the new one has the slots in the metal inserts. And does not throw any codes. Thanks for the help all. Now I just need to dial in the fine details of the new tune and nozzles....... Dial in IQ for light haze at WOT and figure out max RPM.

My old tune went to 5200. With the new tune I've been shifting for test purposes at 5500. It may go higher but my tach only goes to 5500. I'll have to use vag-com to figure it out. I suppose I could ask my tuner.
Had a bunch of customers who purchased from a bad batch of 3 bar map sensors a while back from reputable vendors (worldpac or such). They would split in two, and fail, leaking. I got so many calls from PO'd customers complaining about the tune. The pressed in aluminum spacer is the give-away of counterfeit part.

Glad you figured it out. I don't recommend running it out past 5k unless you have upgraded your rods and pistons, and head studs. Your tune has both maf and mafless running capability, and probably has some other goodies like "LFB", and Launch control. It must go like a Rocket now!!!
Jeff ;-))
15 Golf SW DSG, 00Jetta 6spd race, 99.5Jetta Rocket ARL-PD150 6spd 2260, 2003.5 5.9L Cummins QCLB 4x4 Blue Monster, 00Passat1.8T, other tdi's: 97J, 98J, 99.5J2x, 00-C5 6spd - EFILive, HPTuner, Diablo Sport!
Never argue with an idiot.They will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
The beatings will continue until the morale improves!
Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement !
"DIESEL TUNING PROFESSIONAL" 1-5-3-6-2-4=;-)

jsrmonster is offline   Reply With Quote