Power loss just before 2k rpm when cold

Canon

I`m having this little problem, when i turn the car on first time (from cold) i put in first then go to second and before i reach the 2k rpm line i feel a down pull on the power and then it goes back up and it seems to do it from 1st 2nd 3rd maybe 4th gear. then when the car is hot enought bout 5 min later its ok the problem is gone.

I tought it might of been something to do with the Turbo!
My turbo is not as lowd as other TDI`s has this anything to do with it?

Help?

Canon

Its a 1.9 TDI 110 chipped with Upsolute at 145 or above, it has 100,000 KM on it and its from the year '99
The turbo i have to say was really never that lowed to start off with the other golfs always had a good lowd turbo, but i`m not sure if they brake down or they choke or lose power some times.

I tried climing in revs when i was in second gear very slowly and the choke or lag always comes at the same mark. just before the 2k sign.

mackwood

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta grey
i'm not sure if this is the problem but have you checked your intake manifold for buildup?well have you ever had it cleaned?

AtomicSushi

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Black Golf GL
The MAF on my TDI is dying. I'm using the 110 ASV code in my ECU. It exhibits similar behavior. Starts off fine, shifting into 2nd there is lag, then it goes. Basically it feels like you have bad turbo lag all the time.