Audi TT to going to a 2L TDI DSG plateform

CNGVW

Vendor , w/Business number
Bob Mann Auto, 111 High St, Pembroke MA 02359
TDI
Many TDI Jettas and a Beetle Race car run 2010 jetta tdi cup car build roadrace
DRVOLKS here, doing and engine tranny swap to our Audi TT Lemon/Champ road race for the next race Oct 18-20 Lemon NH. Have a nice 2010 Jetta complete car as the donor. I ask here has any one done this enhancement swap and if any problem did you run in to.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Damn, that's way too nice for LeMons. I'm jealous though, she's a beauty. The weight doesn't matter so much since Lemons is more about fun than lap times.

CNGVW

TDI
My car is 2800 LB with 22 gal of fuel and driver race ready. We can pull 200 to 300 LB out with some work . We run 7 hr race 2 days back to back total 14 + hr. I would be happy with 200 HP and 300+ LB . Our plan is make up time on fueling every car must stop to fuel about ever 2 hr and do a driver change takes 5 min. We feel with the TDI and right tune we can get 6 + hr to 22 Gal . We can do a driver change in 60 sec that will give us a 2 lap lead ever pit stop that we do no fuel. The Beetle with the ALH running 30 LB of boost and a lot of fueling could run for 4.45 hr on 14 Gal
Lemon is fun but the top group is A class there out to win it our lap time are very fast

Last edited:

CNGVW

TDI
OK for the update engine and DSG from donor car are bolted in and hooking up ex and stuff fits like a glove. After talking with a lot builders on the DSG swap I will pull all the wiring from the donor. I was hoping for some feedback and helpful tips from the TDI Gods here but nothing. We have the tune done dialing at 230 HP and 300 ftlb with good fuel trim. Still on target Oct 18 race.
engine/DSG in

just wire lay out for engine

donor

travis45

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Sportwagen, 96 Passat TDI Sedan
Should be able to make 220/340 no prob with a little smoke with your set up.

CNGVW

TDI
Thanks for the feed back . Have dash out getting ready to cut the harness . As we are trying to keep the DSG in this swap as far as I have found no one has done it. My only possible problem is with no ABS or wheel speed sensor controlling the shift points. I have tested the donor car with the tune and the ABS disconnected and shifted the same?
any feed back would be great

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Doh!! Nice test drive though....cant wait to hear it at full chat....

CNGVW

TDI
Update A great track day the CR and DSG worked like a charm lights the tires(old tires) ever where.

Installed a old DSG valve body that Mike TDTUNING did a tune to it back a few years. and adjusted the toes and swapped out the rear shocks. Ready for Tuesday track day at Thompson Speedway. Will update later .

Last edited:

CNGVW

TDI
update we finished Lemon 24 at NH set a fuel record for the TT did the day one on 16 gal 6.15 HR and ran some supper hot laps in 1.29 with a hundred car on track.

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Good job! Nice to see a DSG tracking again...reminds me of the late Tdicup. Now all you need is a DQ500!

CNGVW

TDI
Thanks mrChill on Sunday we set a record 227 laps 7 hr 23 gals that 16 MPG at supper fast race speeds. Love the CR 2L and DSG just left it in drive or sport mode. Now what do we do with our left foot!!!

Nerdkiller

TDI
98 Beetle TDI
Great job!!!

I just wanted to say congratulations!!! I love your YouTube videos on your TDI bug. I love you Audi TT TDI. So much fun!!! You should make a YouTube video going over the Audi.

Out of curiosity what size tires and rims do you have on your beetle? I also have a beetle and was thinking of changing tire sizes. You tire and rim setup looks great!

CNGVW

TDI
Thank you
we ran 275/40/17 on the Beetle with 9.5 rims Now we run a 255/40/17 on the TT . We are getting a point burden on the Champ races for the TT so we may go in a EC class open .