Upload Site Live - Just uploaded Docs

AmandaSch

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
Apparently if we choose to keep the Passat and get the fix, the docs are not there yet. At least from what I see. Are all of you giving back your VW that may answer why I can't see docs or a link to docs. Thanks
I signed up for the fix and still had to answer/upload the documents.

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
I'm guessing the website is overwhelmed. I logged in a handful of times and saw the same home screen (no questions). I logged in an hour or so later and bam...the questions were there.
What about the poor humans that will have to review literally tens of thousands of submissions over the next few weeks? Maybe Bosch has written them some software to facilitate the process.

Last edited:

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
What about the poor humans that will have to review literally tens of thousands of submissions over the next few weeks? Maybe Bosch has written them some software to facilitate the process.
I would guess they will review the online pdf's and possibly enter some data to move the process along. It will take some time, but that's what VW bit off on.

Michel61

TDI
Retured 2014 Passat TDI SEL
We are taking the buyback. It would make sense that they need the docs for those selling them back to VW.
The questions just came up when we logged into the claim site.
I needed to have scanned both sides of the title, the front of the state registration and both sides of two drivers licenses since my wife and I are both on the title. For the title they have two upload buttons one each for front and back. The driver's license button has only one button so you will need to inclue both sides in one .pdf. It would be far quicker to have done all this before logging in. We were running back and forth and were timed out a couple of times. YMMV
You can also mail or fax the documents requested.

I see your from the state of Oregon. I didn't see any instruction to have scan both sides of the drivers licenses. I am from Washington. There really isnt an info on the back of my licenses. Did I miss something here?

BuyMeBackSoon

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 golf
I see your from the state of Oregon. I didn't see any instruction to have scan both sides of the drivers licenses. I am from Washington. There really isnt an info on the back of my licenses. Did I miss something here?
Same here. Only did front as they didn't provide for a back scan. The back in OR contains signature and a bar code.

Conrad -JSW

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW DSG
I just uploaded my docs and received confirmation.

It didn't ask for the backs of our licenses so I didn't send em. There's nothing on the backs of interest anyway.

rac

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen
Got my docs uploaded, so one step closer. Did it all with the iPad.

Looking forward to getting the TDI out of the garage and moving on. Will miss the car but not VW. Had to replace most of the exhaust due to a cracked DPF so that ironically, the car would pass the emissions test required for registration. As other 2009 owners know, that's $5,500 because of a part re-design. My appeal to VW for some assistance with the repair went nowhere. Now we know that DPF failures are a side effect of the software cheat. I'll take my $12,500 and run.

avid

TDI
2010 Jetta
My bad, in the heat of battle I read someone else's post and thought they said both sides of the driver's license. I just reread their post and it said both sides of the title. I hope that I didn't inconvenience anyone. :eek:

wilcharl

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI BOUGHT BACK 23 NOV 16. Now owner of 2016 Jeep Cherokee
Assuming the contractors doing the evaluation of the documents don't work weekends I think they are going to be in for a surprise Monday morning with all of us uploading our paperwork considering they haven't put out any announcements or emails to folks saying to go ahead and start uploading

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Does anyone recall the wording of the last question on the list? I'm thinking it was something like, 'is there more than one name on the title?'
I entered the info and uploaded the documents for one vehicle of which I am the sole owner. When I try to do the same thing for a second vehicle which is jointly owned, the last question is jumbled. I'm guessing I just should pick 'yes'.

avid

TDI
2010 Jetta
Does anyone recall the wording of the last question on the list? I'm thinking it was something like, 'is there more than one name on the title?'
I entered the info and uploaded the documents for one vehicle of which I am the sole owner. When I try to do the same thing for a second vehicle which is jointly owned, the last question is jumbled. I'm guessing I just should pick 'yes'.
My DW says it was regarding if the vehicle was owned by more than one entity. Sounds like you are on the right track with yes.

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
My DW says it was regarding if the vehicle was owned by more than one entity. Sounds like you are on the right track with yes.
Many thanks to you and especially your DW.

AmandaSch

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
When I bought the car last year I had a co-signer and their name was on the registration, but I re-financed and was able to get only my name on the title and my registration isn't up until December. So I put just my name on there, hope that's ok.

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
When I bought the car last year I had a co-signer and their name was on the registration, but I re-financed and was able to get only my name on the title and my registration isn't up until December. So I put just my name on there, hope that's ok.
I see no problem there. If your title shows you as the only owner then you are fine. In my case there are two names on the title, my wife's and mine. I have to report that and supply IDs for both of us. And I would assume the check would have both names on it and an EFT could only go to a joint account.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
As @Airpizz6 said...that will be fine. The current state of the title is what's important.

And yeah...I'd wait to pay the registration too, if I were you. Unfortunately for me, I had to pay to re-up mine the end of August.:rolleyes: But hey...at least my car passed the county emissions test, lol.

scottb8888

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI
We are taking the buyback. It would make sense that they need the docs for those selling them back to VW.
The questions just came up when we logged into the claim site.
I needed to have scanned both sides of the title, the front of the state registration and both sides of two drivers licenses since my wife and I are both on the title. For the title they have two upload buttons one each for front and back. The driver's license button has only one button so you will need to inclue both sides in one .pdf. It would be far quicker to have done all this before logging in. We were running back and forth and were timed out a couple of times. YMMV
You can also mail or fax the documents requested.
I only uploaded one side of my Driver's License? Did they ask for both Sides??

tkdcmpedude

TDI
2015 Golf S
Hey everyone, I was able to talk to someone last night. He had me do a simple refresh of my page after the error showed up. After I refreshed in my browser, Google Chrome, no issues in proceeding to get everything uploaded they needed at this time.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
I only uploaded one side of my Driver's License? Did they ask for both Sides??
It didn't say anything about both sides. I doubt very much that it matters. If it does (I just uploaded the front)...you'll probably get a message to upload a pdf with both sides.

All they really need to see is the front. If they can see your drivers license number, they'll be able to verify that you have a valid license.

JCTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW, Platinum Gray/Art Gray
That site is a mess. (I"m a coder/web designer) Instead of the proper text, I'm seeing the references to the DB objects where the data is, like: page.case_management.dq.intro.

One of the questions was:
page.case_management.dq.CoRegisterdOwner.question

ha ha.

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
(Formerly) '11 Jetta 6 speed, Alltrack 6MT
Since I still have a loan and it's not thru VW credit, they need consent to contact my lender. It looks like I'm supposed to download a consent form, but when I click "download" it says file not found. Anyone else in this situation?

tjdeerslayer37

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 jetta tdi plat gray
Since I still have a loan and it's not thru VW credit, they need consent to contact my lender. It looks like I'm supposed to download a consent form, but when I click "download" it says file not found. Anyone else in this situation?
Hmm, no problem here, downloaded and printed it then snapped a pic after I filled it out

AmandaSch

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
As @Airpizz6 said...that will be fine. The current state of the title is what's important.

And yeah...I'd wait to pay the registration too, if I were you. Unfortunately for me, I had to pay to re-up mine the end of August.:rolleyes: But hey...at least my car passed the county emissions test, lol.

Congratulations on passing the emissions test??

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm getting the feeling the latest update to the portal was not ready for prime time and may have been made available prematurely. I have two cars registered and uploaded the documents for one Saturday. If I now click on that one at the 'car' icon, I get a blank screen. There is info on it at the 'account' icon, however. For my other car, it's back to the offer screen and nothing else.. Getting stranger by the minute. Dieselgate Year 2 is off to a great start.

Snufalufagus

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Golf TDI, 13 CC R-Line (wifey's)
Got both of mine uploaded. I won't let me go back and see the estimated buyback screen now though. Just shows upload complete and documents awaiting review.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
I'm getting the feeling the latest update to the portal was not ready for prime time and may have been made available prematurely. I have two cars registered and uploaded the documents for one Saturday. If I now click on that one at the 'car' icon, I get a blank screen. There is info on it at the 'account' icon, however. For my other car, it's back to the offer screen and nothing else.. Getting stranger by the minute. Dieselgate Year 2 is off to a great start.
New software / software updates always have bugs. Reason: beyond a certain point, it is cheaper to have the user do the debugging.