Anyone have a GIAC tune?

Ms9603

TDI
2012 Golf 2door
Hello all! I am thinking of getting a GIAC tune but cannot find much by way of people that have gotten it on their mk6 cr tdi.

WalkingDrunken

Veteran Member
TDI
NONE
I remember seeing at least 1 person that got the GIAC tune but after searching I can't find that person or anyone that has done GIAC. I did run across this thread...

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=425586

This forum is really slanted towards Malone, probably because he is the most active tuner in these forums. At the same time he constantly refines his work and has some of the most solid tunes out there. Some of the other TDI tunes that I've seen people get include APR, RocketChip, TDTuning, and Revo.

If you do get the GIAC tune let us know how it turns out!

Ms9603

TDI
2012 Golf 2door
I will let y'all know. I preferably want a Malone tune but do not have anyone local that may do it for me. My dealer will actually do GIAC tunes as well.

WalkingDrunken

Veteran Member
TDI
NONE
I don't have a tuner local to me either, I live in SW Florida. Not a really big car modification/tuner area.

I use Andrew with AARodriguez Corp. www.fixmyvw.com . He's located in Dallas GA. which is about 4 hours away from you, but if you don't want to drive he offers reasonable overnight shipping labels to him and from him. You'd be out a vehicle for 3 days due to the shipping. Just an idea.

Ms9603

TDI
2012 Golf 2door
I pulled the trigger on the GIAC tune and am very happy with it so far. Obviously I have nothing to compare it to other than stock but it is a huge difference. The care overall drive much better, as in it has a much smoother and even power delivery. I cannot tell if MPGs are improved as of yet but they are definitely not any worse. The awesome part is there is no longer the noticeable power difference between a/c use and no a/c.

WalkingDrunken

Veteran Member
TDI
NONE
Sweet! good to hear. There was a lot to free up in the oem form. The bottom line is you're happy with it!

now don't get the bug and do the CR170 or GTB kits when it comes out. ;)

Airtac

TDI
Jetta
Did a stage 1 tune from GIAC. Sent ECU directly to them since it was so old, but a very noticeable difference! Smooth and powerful compared to stock. Picked up 2-6 mpg over the first couple of tanks. The folks (Elf) from Streamline Industries in SLC facilitated the work and were super helpful with great customer service!

Last edited:

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
I remember seeing at least 1 person that got the GIAC tune but after searching I can't find that person or anyone that has done GIAC. I did run across this thread...

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=425586

This forum is really slanted towards Malone, probably because he is the most active tuner in these forums. At the same time he constantly refines his work and has some of the most solid tunes out there. Some of the other TDI tunes that I've seen people get include APR, RocketChip, TDTuning, and Revo.

If you do get the GIAC tune let us know how it turns out!
How can you forget Kerma?? ON this forum they are VERY popular..especially the Qpro..so you can load the tune or revert back to stock in the convenience of your home!.. Great service also!

dandywriter

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf Wagon 6M
Had a stage I GIAC tune in a 2006 BRM for 13 years; biased towards trailer towing. It worked way better than stock - it would pull higher without complaint. I don't have a tune due to post-fix coverage, but will when the miles pass by...