Volkswagen of America @ TDIFest 2009!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Well folks, here it is... the long-awaited announcement of Volkswagen of America's participation in this year's TDIFest! We're really in for a treat this year... here's what we're getting...

On display all weekend:
  • Golf 6 TDI
  • Jetta TDI Cup Street Edition
  • Jetta TDI Cup Race Car
Saturday 11am-3pm and Sunday 9am-3pm, VWoA will have a couple of marketing people on site to answer questions, talk about upcoming TDIs, and distribute information to anyone who's interested.

I will find out more details next week, but we're looking at having VW Parts & Accessories there to sell swag and merchandise. Other possibilities include a couple of cars from Audi, TDI Cup Race drivers to hang out, sign posters, and talk about the racing series.

The fest planners and VWoA will be contacting some of the local dealers to try and obtain some cars for test drives. Unfortunately, the JSW TDI is nearly impossible to find right now, so chances that we'll get one of those are incredibly slim. However, there is the possibility that we will get some 2009 sedans and maybe a Touareg.

Don't miss out on the 10th annual TDIFest and VWoA's display. We will also have some other goodies provided by VWoA that we're not going to tell you about right now. Gotta keep some things a surprise, right? :D

I'll update this thread as I find out more information.

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Coolio!! Wonder if we could get them to do a speaking session?...That would be awesome! And would give folks the opportunity to find out the truth of VW's diesel plans.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I don't want them to do a speaking session. I fear that some people would take it as an opportunity to vent about PD cams, oil specs, B5 problems, and dealer service. Not gonna happen this year... :)

Windjammer

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 & Mk5
VeeDubTDI said:
I fear that some people would take it as an opportunity to vent about PD cams, oil specs, B5 problems, and dealer service.
No way. This such a complacent group. ;)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Dan, if you want a tour of a fancy cube farm...

The interesting stuff is in the parking lot. You'll see some VWs that you've never seen before. Feel free to cruise around their lot that weekend. Friday afternoon would be a good time to do that since most of the staff drive cars home, and a lot of the concepts will be out at events that weekend (including ours).

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Haha, I doubt it. :) But you're welcome to drool all you want! :D

SnowWife

Veteran Member
TDI
E300 DT (sold), E320 CDI, Gassers
Lawson please don't give Warren any ideas. We are officially saving up for a new Golf 6. I just hope that he isn't to big ;) to fit into it.

VeeDubTDI said:
Haha, I doubt it. :) But you're welcome to drool all you want! :D

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I think you two will fall in love with it when you see it (if you haven't seen one already). Very smart design.

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
need.... want...do not want to wait.... hmm, I wonder if I could find a few drunk people to carry it over to a trailer for me ;)

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
VeeDubTDI said:
I don't want them to do a speaking session. I fear that some people would take it as an opportunity to vent about PD cams, oil specs, B5 problems, and dealer service. Not gonna happen this year... :)
You mean we can't build a pyramid of balance shaft modules in the lobby? Spoilsport ;)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
SnowCub, I'm sure we'll be able to find plenty of drunk people. ;)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
The BlueSport will not be there. I believe it is in Europe right now.

wjbski

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 MKIV TDi ( long gone) 2012 TDi Golf
I want to make the short drive from baltimore and check out the event, I'm waiting for the MKVI TDi Golfs to become availble so that I can have a TDi again. The maps are kind of confusing to me, is there a central, 'ground zero' spot where all of the car will be displayed (like a regular VW car show) or is everything spread out?

Thanks for any help.

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
That is awesome! I will take part in the VWoA parking lot cruise on Friday. Maybe we can arrange a convoy of TDIs to snake around the lot!!

Lawson, use your superpowers to get us an Audi A3 TDI... Please!! :)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I'm trying to get them to park an A3 TDI at Fest (and a Q5 or a Q7), but Audi doesn't have a Promotions & Events department like VWoA does, so we won't know until the last minute.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
With the HHR SS in the lead :D

Jetter_Sprinta said:
That is awesome! I will take part in the VWoA parking lot cruise on Friday. Maybe we can arrange a convoy of TDIs to snake around the lot!!

Lawson, use your superpowers to get us an Audi A3 TDI... Please!! :)

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
VeeDubTDI said:
Don't miss out on the 10th annual TDIFest and VWoA's display. We will also have some other goodies provided by VWoA that we're not going to tell you about right now. Gotta keep some things a surprise, right? :D
A B6 Passat TDI? Or maybe a Passat CC TDI? Or how about a TDI van that is really a VW not some rebadged POS...:rolleyes:

Sip'n Diesel

Veteran Newbie
San Joaquin Valley, I have VCDS (KII-USB)
TDI
2003 ALH: 254,000 miles
VeeDubTDI said:
exactly. they will show no remorse for dealer service... I'm fairly certain they are aware of it. the folks from VWoA are NOT the clowns who work at dealerships... they ACTUALLY know things about TDIs :p

seriously, outstanding people who know their sh!t

ritsco

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI GSW SEL and 2006 Golf TDI GLS
I wouldn't mind taking a look a the new Polo TDI. I want to see if my big ass can fit in one.

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
tomo366 said:
With the HHR SS in the lead :D
I dunno about that.... a certain passat CC might just take over said spot ;)

It would be nice to see Audi being represented.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Audi is a maybe due to the fact that they don't really have an Events & Promotions department. VWoA is working on getting a couple of Audi cars there, but we won't have any Audi reps.