96 WAGON - $300 - Saratoga, CA

B4-Dgate

TDI
96 Passat
Hi, Selling the black pearl.
We had great time with her but life is moving to fast and I don't have time or space to work on her.
323,xxx miles, 5 speed, new CV's at the beginning of the year, rebuilt IP pump in the last 1.5years, no limp mode this thing rallied. 41MPG average at CA HWY speeds.
Oil light went off and I immediately shut it down. Pulled over and towed to the dealership to see if it would be an easy fix, they quoted me $2k plus just to get in there... I believe its the crank seal is leaking and given its time for the timing belt and to much other stuff taking my time I am not wanting to fix her. She runs, just pukes oil...
Rust free (except for the obvious bash which was there when I bought her), Sunroof works. I pulled parts off of 3 others cars to get her this far and don't want to see her at the scrapyard
Tow her home and run her more or just pull the parts to keep yours alive
Cant figure out how to attach pics so hit me up and Ill send them

diesel steve

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 b4v
It sounds like what happened to me. I took mine apart and found out it was the idler shaft seal that was leaking.The seal was torn like a piece of the bearing at the front of the shaft came apart and tore the seal.I am not looking forward to working on mine so it sits.If I get a chance to look at it soon I could let you know for sure. But I would guess that is what probably happened to your car.

Dan99TDI

TDI
ALH going in a 56 CJ5, B5.5 tdi wagon
Pm'd you.
I would love a picture or two of the dent /rust and would like to know if it's leaking oil bad or just a little, ie if I need to rent a trailer or if it can be limped if I feed it oil.

Very interested. I drive 4k miles a month so half broken tdis are becoming my specialty, and a wagon would be great, and I'm only 3 hours from you.