Does the fuel stay in the line to the IP?

Dreznon

TDI
ALH
Hello,

I have yet another problem.

The car does not start. It turns over and has a chug or hiccup as if it were going to start but never does.

I notice the fuel being sucked back to the filter when I turn the key off. Is that normal, or is the fuel supposed to stay in the line?

I am asking this because I first changed the pump. EVERYTHING in VCDS checked out normal (timing, IQ, Idle speed, etc.).

I had rough cold starts, even when it was 80 degrees outside. After it started it.

I also had to bleed the injectors every few days.

I replaced the thermostatic-T, no avail
I replaced the injector hard line, avail for injector 1 and 2. injector 3 only likes the shotty old OEM line.

I replaced the fuel sending unit with an oem, non pump deuce lift pump.

I replaced the thermostatic-T fuel filter with a permanent-T fuel filter.

I noticed a check valve on my black fuel line by the sending unit when I replaced it. I am narrowing it down to that if that is the issue. I went to the scrap yard and I could only find a new beetle alh and it had no check valve on the black fuel line by the tank sending unit. Is this check valve standard for jetta's only? It looks as if it is part of the oem line, it does not look like a mod.

I also replaced the injector nozzles with .205's and have an EGR delete. Could this be the issue of a ECU needing to be tuned?

I appreciate any input. I have $400 to my name and cannot afford a new car. I need this one reliable so I can save money. If it would guarantee my car being dependable, I would spend all $400.

Thank you.

k0wtz

TDI
changed my fuel filter car wouldn't start finally pulled it and it started right up and runs good. my car did the same thing!