Can I put 18" Serron Wheel (From GTI Autobahn edtn.) on new 2012 Passat

CNGracing

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE MT6
NEED HELP! I am looking to put a new wheel onto the 2012 Passat I am getting. I do not like the 17" or the 18" option they have for the Passat. I actually do like the 18"Serron wheel even though it looks as if GTI owners don't. I do not know much about offsets but I know they have the same 5 x 112 bolt pattern. I went to a dealership to ask if I the Serron Wheel can fit on the 2012 Passat, and they said no because the GTI wheel had an ET51 and the passat wheel had an ET48. I asked what that meant and they said...it means it won't fit. I asked what ET meant and they couldnt get me an answer so I think it means Extra-Terrestrial
. So if I can be enlightened with some knowledge from fellow tdiclub members, it would be greatly appreciated. I dont want to get a wheel that doesnt fit. FYI, I ordered a night blue/black interior TDI manual so I liked the way the black glosssy wheel looks. Thanks

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Only real 100% way to check is fit em up and check for rubs. A change of offset (ET, the distance the rim sticks out from the hub) that small (3mm?) probably would have no rub.

abctdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Passat GLS
3mm should not make or break that deal...assuming they are the same width.

Last edited: