Door Locks

CTDieselHead

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta, Silver / 2010 Sportwagon, White
Is it possible to disable the door locking and system. My 99.5 insists on being locked, sometimes relocking / rearming before I can pull the door latch. I would gladly accept the loss of the alarm system features.

DickSilver

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 B5.5V, 1996 B4V
You will need a Vag-Com cable and laptop loaded with VCDS software. Go to the Convenience module. I do not remember exactly what locking system choices you have, but that is where you start.

BLSeleven

TDI
2005 Golf TDI
Did you ever figure this out? My 2005 Golf does the same thing...I unlock it and after 30 seconds it will relock. If the door was never opened it will relock, if it was opened and closed it will relock, if it is open it will try to lock but is unable to since the door is open. Very annoying! Any solution?

jcrews

Top Post Dawg
TDI
All gone
If the car insists on relocking, the door switch isn't working. The timer is canceled once any door switch is disturbed. Unlock, open the pax door, and it shouldn't relock.

My driver switch is busted, and I am too lazy to take the door apart again to fix it, so I just hit the manual unlock switch to cancel the relock. I don't know if adapting "auto lock" will cancel it, since it's used to control the 15 kph auto lock feature.

Hobhancock

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 TDI Platinum grey 5 speed
I wish I was closer to you guys, I would love to help out. I have fixed 6 doors now with this problem. In my car (2002 Jetta) I have fixed all four doors. The two rears doors just last week. This is not really that hard. The switch is $3 at Radio Shack. See the $3 door lock fix thread on the How To's page. I can help through email if you would like. I would love to contribute, with pictures, a "how to" showing the rear doors. That procedure is a little different than the front doors. My camera broke so I didnt do anything with that. Glad to help any way I can.