www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+)

VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+) Discussion area for the 2012+ Passat TDI (North American and rest of world versions versions). The North American model was previously codenamed NMS (New Midsize Sedan) and the version the rest of the world gets is sometimes referred to as B7.

Old November 1st, 2014, 09:24   #571
Cfidave

Thanks, I got it done. I needed to put the unlock choices in the MFD, for some reason they were not there.
Cfidave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2014, 12:24   #572
Greogory

Fuel Economy: ~49.7 now
Default Help with 2014 Passat HHC and seat-heater settings?

I figured out the seat heater / car restart question, but my hill hold control confusion remains. Fixing the problem I had that the seat heaters wouldn't turn on when I started the car to the same settings they were at before turning the car off was fixed by either the recent firmware update Ross released for the HEX-NET, or something that changed in the VCDS software between versions 14.9 and 14.10. I'm not sure which of these updatws corrected the problem, because I applied both at the same time. I simply re-saved the "on" values after the updates.

Having read the TDI-Club FAQs, messages in this forum, the Ross-Tech VCDS manual and the results of several Google searches, I still don't entirely understand the differences among the three hill hold control settings, "normal", "low" and "high".

Since the hill hold control can't be entirely disabled on the 2014 Passat, can someone explain the difference between the 3 settings, "normal", "low RPMs" and "high RPMs"? I'm confused between whether low means that HHC is disengaged (lets go of the brakes) at low RPMs or engages (sets the brakes) at lower RPMs than the high setting. Normal seems to cause my 2014 Passat to wait for fairly high RPMs even when stopped on a level street.

Basically, I want HHC to stop "helping" me as soon as possible, because it's a pain in the butt. I just need help understanding whether the "low" or the "high" setting in VCDS will achieve that goal without wasting more fuel than I have already by trial and error...

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by Greogory; November 6th, 2014 at 05:12. Reason: Added the answer to my own seat heater question.
Greogory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2014, 09:51   #573
GuyGuy
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 5.5L/100K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner View Post
Intruments > Adaptation > "Display correction of consumption and operating range", and changed the value from 100% to 105% to hopefully get my Consumption of 51 MPG more in line with actual of 48 to 49 MPG with pencil and paper.
Hey does this adjustment also correct for speed? I've checked my speed with 2 different GPS's and they both confirm that while the car indicates 100km/s I'm only doing 93km/h!!
Old November 12th, 2014, 11:47   #574
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Set your hill hold to low, for a low amount of assist.
Old November 13th, 2014, 05:28   #575
JoshMcMadMac

I wish they could find a way to stop the 39F indicator. It becomes quite annoying when you have to hear it every single time you drive in the winter.
JoshMcMadMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2014, 07:58   #576
Rico567
Veteran Member

Does that freeze indicator default on? Never heard ours, although the little "snowflake" appears in the MFI. These cars don't really appear to come set up the same from the factory. Our remote start doesn't work and the automatic wipers don't either (although I realize these can be turned on with VCDS).

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
- Adam Savage
Rico567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2014, 15:30   #577
tadawson
Veteran Member

Are you sure you are using remote start correctly? On my 2013, you have to push lock-start-start, and it won't work if the CEL is on. Not terribly intuitive, but it does work.

- Tim
tadawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2014, 11:31   #578
JoshMcMadMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico567 View Post
Does that freeze indicator default on? Never heard ours, although the little "snowflake" appears in the MFI.
If you start the car with the temperature already <40F, the MFI will only flash a few times. However if the temperature is >39F when you start the car (like in my garage), then you go out driving and the temperature drops the MFI will ding, go to full brightness, and flash.
JoshMcMadMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2014, 12:22   #579
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Solution: don't park the car in the garage.
Old November 14th, 2014, 13:20   #580
79TA7.6
Veteran Member

Why does the car feel the need to tell you that it is below 40 anyway? I am pretty sure most people don't care, unless they have to be outside in it. Once the car warms up who cares.

2003 Jetta 5 Speed 301K miles. Malone stage 3. Titan 502 big hole injectors. VNT17 turbo. BuzzKen 2.5" down pipe. Ventectomy, EGR and cooler delete, Euro Switch, Home made custom HID.
79TA7.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2014, 14:40   #581
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79TA7.6 View Post
Why does the car feel the need to tell you that it is below 40 anyway? I am pretty sure most people don't care, unless they have to be outside in it. Once the car warms up who cares.
Because of the potential for slick road surfaces.
Old November 15th, 2014, 05:07   #582
jhinsc
Veteran Member

On the way home from dinner last night at about 9 pm, my 39 degree dinger went off as the Polar Express swept through. Really, does it need to announce itself that way! I thought something was wrong with the car! Just one little beep will do. Plus at 39, the roads are still warmer than the air. Let's see what happens on my drive to the office this morning.

jhinsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2014, 06:18   #583
Bayouboy81

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bayouboy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2014, 07:55   #584
Sinner
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 48.2/43.7/37.9

39F on the shade with wind have a good chance of being slippery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2014, 08:11   #585
Rico567
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadawson View Post
Are you sure you are using remote start correctly? On my 2013, you have to push lock-start-start, and it won't work if the CEL is on. Not terribly intuitive, but it does work.

- Tim
Yes, I've tried that repeatedly. Made sure all the criteria in the manual are met, etc.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
- Adam Savage
Rico567 is offline   Reply With Quote