#2 High pressure line

Joe Kelsch

TDI
2000 Golf
I just got a 2000 Golf TDI. It had 172k on it when I bought it. I replaced the air filter (which was black) and fuel filter (which seemed like original). Since I've changed the fuel filter I noticed a fuel leak dripping off of the oil drain plug. I couldn't find the leak anywhere till 530 this morning on my way to work. The car started vibrating under load. Seemed like a miss and it was. The nut on #2 fuel line going into the injector is cracked, spraying fuel everywhere. I drove another few miles to get to work where I tightened it up a little. So what I need is a new fuel line. The only one I found is $70 through partsplaceinc.com Are there any cheaper ones out there?

Corsair

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5M
You are wise to seek feedback. The web site you post is associated with a vendor who does business under a variety of names, and has received much negative press on the forums. search prothe

Understand money is tight. Won't tell you what to do, but personally among the two choices you listed, the $70 seems to be the safer bet.

Joe Kelsch

TDI
2000 Golf
The company that had the $70 fuel line also has all four together as a set for $200. I just got all four so I wont have to deal with another fatigued fitting in the next few thousand miles.

I'm starting to enjoy tinkering on this little car. The motor is a whole lot easier to work on than my 04 F350 and 05 Excursion with the 6.0L, mostly because with the trucks I have to jack the cab up 4 inches to get anything out of the top of the motor.

Genesis

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon
Those lines rarely fail unless you are missing the clamps and rubber blocks that lock pairs of them together. Then they fail all the time.

The reason is that the pulse of high pressure down the line when the injector fires can set up a resonance; the rubber coupler and clamp against the neighboring line dampen that out.