04 BEW Stage 1 Tuning

TDI Greg

TDI
2002 Jetta ALH
Hi, I know this isn't really a tuning forum, but ecuconnections.com doesn't allow talk about hacked/cloned software so I thought I'd give it a try here.

I have an ebay mpps cable (v13 I think) and I tuned my ALH with it ok. I tried to read my BEW and it seemed to read out fine, but when I load the file into ECDSuite it only recognized 7 maps. I then tried loading the file into my ebay winOLS and it recognized like 110 potential maps, but the hexdump is filled with 65535 or something like that. Any Help??

BustedBolts

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 and 2002 Golf's
Edcsuite does not work on edc16 ecu files. You need to buy or make a map pack for winols to be able to tune your bew.

TDI Greg

TDI
2002 Jetta ALH
Edcsuite does not work on edc16 ecu files. You need to buy or make a map pack for winols to be able to tune your bew.
Okay I was under the impression you could, but that makes sense. Is it common for the hexdump in winols to be filled with 65535? I makes it impossible to sort through the 2d hexdump for maps.

BustedBolts

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 and 2002 Golf's
Okay I was under the impression you could, but that makes sense. Is it common for the hexdump in winols to be filled with 65535? I makes it impossible to sort through the 2d hexdump for maps.
since edc16 can only read the data section of the ecu through the obd2 port the majority of the read file will be filled with 65535. You need to look at in 16bit decimal mode and scroll down until you start seeing data. Will be close to 2/3's of the way down through the hexdump before you find anything.