Turbo actuator question

mgblanke

TDI
MKIV Jetta PD
I recently ordered a VNT17 turbo from Kerma for my BEW jetta and upon receiving it I did not receive the smart actuator. Can it be run without the smart actuator?

Lurchalicious

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI
short answer: no.

I would go back and check your order - did you order one with the smart actuator or with a vacuum convert? Id get with Kerma and hash it out.

Lurchalicious

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI
With stock tuning? No. With a modified tune? Absolutely.
don't understand why you quoted me - OP said he had a BEW and that he did not receive the smart actuator -inferring that he desired one. There is no more information posted by the OP in the first post to bring in any other debate.

If we are going to start to hash out can if this motor be run with out the smart actuator then it will be off topic from his question.

OP talk to kerma about your order.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
don't understand why you quoted me - OP said he had a BEW and that he did not receive the smart actuator -inferring that he desired one. There is no more information posted by the OP in the first post to bring in any other debate.

If we are going to start to hash out can if this motor be run with out the smart actuator then it will be off topic from his question.

OP talk to kerma about your order.
I quoted you because you're answer was incomplete. OP just purchased an upgraded turbo for his BEW. Common sense would indicate he's going to get a tune in the very near future (if he hasn't already) So my reply is absolutely not 'off topic'

Nothing to get your panties in a twist about.