CR140 Big Turbo Build

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta CR140, 2010 Corvette Z06
I have both turbo gaskets water jetted in .040" copper on the shelf.
How much shipped... would you be able to get the nuts, exhuast gasket and such cheaper and send all together? to support you as a vender....

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
How much shipped... would you be able to get the nuts, exhuast gasket and such cheaper and send all together? to support you as a vender....
I only have the copper gaskets for the turbo, $18 ea. The nuts are the same as all the tdi's use, M8. I'd just ring up IDParts or Bora Parts for the nuts and cbea manifold to head gasket. I know Peter has sold them.

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
i just thought about it, i need the 2 bolts and nuts for the turbo to manifold connection.

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
Put 1500+ miles on since stock clutch put back in... Still running strong.. I think I am going spec twin unless someone proves otherwise with better combo

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
Those wear out just as fast if not even faster than the sintered disc you used previously. When the car is daily driven the best option is SRE or SBC set wit organic disc. I'm pretty damn sure those will hold more than enough for your FWD car.

Whitbread

TDI
Several
Those wear out just as fast if not even faster than the sintered disc you used previously. When the car is daily driven the best option is SRE or SBC set wit organic disc. I'm pretty damn sure those will hold more than enough for your FWD car.
X2. You already had one premature Spec fail, why go there again?

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Put 1500+ miles on since stock clutch put back in... Still running strong.. I think I am going spec twin unless someone proves otherwise with better combo
If you don't mind a bit of noise I will have a setup ready soon that will take anything you can throw at it.

Cheers

Ry

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
We will have a few options, some Silent, some will take more abuse (400ft/lbs+) but arent the Silent design. Will have details soon.

Cheers

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
IIRC for 02m around 0.05 negative clearance for the bearings, backlash is normally not adjustable I think

Whitbread

TDI
Several
The clutch i displayed above was a Sachs SRE silent disc that bluewater performance ordered and installed for me...
My bad. Either way, don't run a spec. I've changed out 10+ of them prematurely in everything from VW's, DSM's, and hondas.

A south bend SS pressure plate with either a kevlar or feramic/organic silent disk (4 spring hub) will hold all you can dish out. If NoJoke isn't slipping his with 50+psi, you're not going to.

does anyone know what backlashing is required for LSD install...
If the shop doing the install is asking for a backlash measurement on an 02M/02Q for an lsd install, they shouldn't be the job at all. The important measurement is .008"-.013" of differential bearing preload. If they ask how to measure it, find another shop.

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
No I was going to try and install it myself, just doing my homework as I never done one before

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDiCup, 02Q built Sept 2010
Storx, the solid hub,, single mass flywheels are only noisey in neutral with the clutch out. If you have the clutch in, or driving you dont hear anything. the rattle is only gear chatter, but wont hurt anything

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
Does anyone have steps to backlash the gears for LSD install?

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
I need help, I want to keep the PDE downpipe i bought in one peace, So i am looking for help on finding the correct vband adapter that mates to the stock vband. So i want to make an adapter from GTB flange to VW vband so i can just bolt it up to the PDE downpipe and not destroy it.

Charrigan

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta
I need help, I want to keep the PDE downpipe i bought in one peace, So i am looking for help on finding the correct vband adapter that mates to the stock vband. So i want to make an adapter from GTB flange to VW vband so i can just bolt it up to the PDE downpipe and not destroy it.

Any reputable machine shop can build this easily.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Are we gonna see this thing on the dyno at TDIFest or what? :D

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
Are we gonna see this thing on the dyno at TDIFest or what? :D
i wish.. im way on the west coast :( also parts keep getting lost from UK and Germany when i order stuff... im on my 4th claim ordering from europe already... i swear the ups guy is building my big turbo setup on his car!!!