Rocketchip tune

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
On all my TDIs but one (the newest). Strong tunes, good to hardware, no problems. Here's my latest dyno, Rocketchip Stage 6. Had the tune for nearly 5 years, but hardware's changed a bit. Note the rev limit (5800 if you're having trouble reading it).

Don't try this without upgraded internals.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Once I had a RC tune never wanted another type.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Just assume that if they are on Ebay, you don't want them.....

Wonderful place to sell, lousy place to buy. (not entirely true, but words to live by... OK?)

Bill

air870

TDI
octavia I
My first stage was a couple of years ago. Superb results. Further upgrades required higher stages and once again amazing. To date have not faced any problems regarding the software or support from Jeff on my queries. Definitely recommended.

Judson

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Yes, I've had rc2, and rc3. rc2 since 10/23/2004 along with PP520 injectors, and rc3 since 8/15/2011.

Recently I drove up again to see Jeff, who got my keys adapted to my new FIS cluster, uploaded an rc3 adapted to a 3bar map, and also made a number of tweaks.

Now, more power, less smoke, smooth, starts better in the cold mornings...

I haven't done a dyno on this car. I should probably do that one of these days.

See my sig for all of the details.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Typically one gets what they pay for. If you want an Ebay tune. Go that route. But, don't insult the professionals that Jeff, Mike, et. al. tuners are. Jeff is a pro as are the others. Run a search. This subject has been rehashed too many times before.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Absolutely LOVED my RC 1+ on my 2006 Jetta TDI w/ DSG and need to get with Jeff about a tune for my yet to be purchased (but very very soon) 2009 Jetta TDI w/ DSG. Not a single problem and almost 6yr with the tune, don't want anything else. :)

THE TRUTH ABOUT ASSAULT WEAPONS

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
03, 00, 04 MK4 sedans.... 02 MK4 Wagon
Started out with Sprint 520's and RC3 w/2.5 exhaust ... That setup dynoed 127whp and 236 ft/lbs

Did some more mods (17/22 turbo, 11mm pump, PP502's, lift pump, VR6 airbox, OMI, upgraded intercooler pipes, PD150 intake manifold) and then bumped it up to RC5 that goes to 5500rpm....never dynoed that setup

Did even more mods (rods, pistons, R520's, ported head, colt cam, FMIC, APR head studs, built tranny, etc) then went to the RC6 Rocket Race tune, 6000rpm.... Dynoed 205whp before that Colt cam, and 214whp with the Colt cam....

I've been running RC tunes since 2007.... also have RC in my other PD Jetta.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Just flipping through my subscribed threads and found this. Wanted to say thank you, AGAIN, to Jeff for the work he does. I had him do a RC1 tune for my 09 Jetta TDI and I absolutely love it! Like I knew I would... Gave my Dad who has new Passat TDI a ride and he goes, "OH! Mine doesn't do that! Lol

Now just waiting for my DPF to clog, then, it'll be time for RC2 + DPF delete and DSG tune. :D

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
Yes, I've had rc2, and rc3. rc2 since 10/23/2004 along with PP520 injectors, and rc3 since 8/15/2011.

Recently I drove up again to see Jeff, who got my keys adapted to my new FIS cluster, uploaded an rc3 adapted to a 3bar map, and also made a number of tweaks.

Now, more power, less smoke, smooth, starts better in the cold mornings...

I haven't done a dyno on this car. I should probably do that one of these days.

See my sig for all of the details.
Hey Judson,
I just put an ecu RC3, immo and egr delete in my 03 golf out of an identical donor. It runs great but I'm getting a cel for glow plug harness short and intake flap. The prior owner told me I should send the ecu to Jeff to get it straightened out. Anything you can ad would help. Look at my thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=419247&page=2. Sorry OP,don't mean to hijack but sometimes these tunes can need tweaked so good good for you to know.

Last edited: