• Mk7 Golf gas

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
I'd vote for the DSG myself, having had 3 manual VWs (diesels all) and a DSG.

Even with the required 40K miles transmission service, in the long run the DSG will be more pleasant to drive.

I don't miss the clutch pedal during my morning/evening commutes in Chitcongo, that's for sure.

JerseyMike

TDI
2013 Mk6 Golf TDI, 2013-2017
Alright, last question I promise (totally don't promise).

Which is the lesser of evils: 2 S TDI, both alike in dignity. 21K miles but sold non-certified by a non-VW brand dealer, OR 40k miles and certified from a VW dealer??

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
Alright, last question I promise (totally don't promise).

Which is the lesser of evils: 2 S TDI, both alike in dignity. 21K miles but sold non-certified by a non-VW brand dealer, OR 40k miles and certified from a VW dealer??
Does the non-CPO car have any months of warranty left? If so, you can still be covered for anything you find wrong with the car. Case in point, the S I just bought has a wanky drivers window, but I have original warranty until August, so I’m still good. And I paid a lot less than a CPO car from a VW dealer.

Also, you’ll have emission warranty for 19K more miles until it runs out, with the non-certified car.

That’s a good question, so I take back my ribbing of you earlier, lol.

JerseyMike

TDI
Thanks. The only thing the non-CPO would be missing is the 2 year B2B warranty. It would still have the balance of the factory powertrain (2 years and 39k miles from now) and the full 162K emissions warranty (assuming it gets the modification from a VW dealer).

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Thanks. The only thing the non-CPO would be missing is the 2 year B2B warranty. It would still have the balance of the factory powertrain (2 years and 39k miles from now) and the full 162K emissions warranty (assuming it gets the modification from a VW dealer).
The 162K warranty also covers engine and turbo.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Thats what i got. Low miles just no bumper to bumper warrenty ud have with a cpo. Youd still get the powertrain and super extended emissions warranty.

nnjtdi

TDI
06 Jetta
Mike-there are deals out there for a NEW 2015 SportWagen. I bought a NEW TDI 2015 S DSG for 16500.00 after incentives and negotiations. I just did a quick search and found a NEW DSG wagen at Jack Daniels VW of Fairlawn listed for $27055 discounted to $21555 after financing incentives. Beat them up and see what they can do. If you do the lease program you can get 8000.00 of list price and buy the car out. As for DSG, I love it the combo.

JerseyMike

TDI
Tempting but I'm not driving a wagon as a single guy. Maybe if I had the wife/kids combo, but no. lol

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Tempting but I'm not driving a wagon as a single guy. Maybe if I had the wife/kids combo, but no. lol
Heheh. There's a guy on the GolfMk7 forum who totaled his GTI and then lowered and modded a new AllTrack to like 350hp.

He's going to beat everybody to the grocery store. :D

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Wagons arent just a family car. Great for a single guy to fold down the back seats. Then youve got a hotel on wheels.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I love wagons (have two). But where I feel perfectly comfortable driving my MKIV alone, the VII feels a little big. I agree a Golf is a better choice.

JerseyMike

TDI
If I wanted to dump the 17' wheels on the SE, can I just throw on the 16' Dover style? Is there anything special I have to do? Does the difference in offset matter? Will it affect the tach/speedo accuracy?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
As long as the tires on the 16s are 205/55 or similar they'll be fine. I don't know what the Dover's come from but most 5x112 VW wheels have pretty similar offset. Passats have a bit more poke than MKVI or VII, but they're all close.

JerseyMike

TDI
The Dovers are the 5 spoke that were optional on the TDI S and standard on the 2017 Wolfsburg Golfs.