BANNED SUBJECT LIST: DSE, biofuelBasics, H2, non-taxed fuel, etc

Should Global Warming/Climate be a banned subject here?

• Yes, please!

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • No, eyes wide open!

Votes: 27 46.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NC_TDI

TDI
2001 Jetta GLS
TV ads

Well, get ready for more questions about this. Saw an ad on TV about this "secret" yesterday. Evidently someone is giving them money. Thanks for posting this. I actually used the search button to find this! :eek:

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
LMAO...

Look at the size of the generator he has on the engine to provide the current for the needed quantity of H2!!! The generator is as large as the engine itself!! I would love to see the size of the water tank that is supplying the system. Nuff said.

:p

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
That's giving the engine too much credit. You can NEVER get excess power out of an engine that generates its own fuel (in this case from hydrolysis from electricity that comes from the generator driven by itself) without an external energy source. That is the fundamental thesis of the first law of thermodynamics.

By the way, a patent search for an engine that runs exclusively on the hydrogen it generates by itself under the inventor name Garrett came up dry, indeed any similar invention by any inventor. No wonder. The USPTO long ago adopted the policy of rejecting patent applications that violate any thermodynamic laws.

Edit: there is a patent ascribed to a Charles H. Garrett for an electrolytic carburetor for the generation of hydrogen. However, it doesn't claim that an engine would run exclusively on this stuff. In fact, it doesn't go to venture beyond the carburetor itself.

Last edited:

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Purely speculatory troll baiting threads banned

Hello Alternative Fuels members,

From now on no speculatory threads such as "will grease work in the '09's?" be allowed. If someone actually purchases an '09 model and converts it, he/she is free to post any non-speculatory topics about ACTUAL issues and specific concerns.

Moreover, no speculatory threads of this type: "will the '09's run Bxx?" be allowed either. Once again if you actually purchase an '09 and experiment with Bxx then you are free to post whatever relevant issues you encounter.

Purely speculatory threads = troll baiting = not allowed here.

Feel free to report such threads for immediate lock and black hole.

I've cross posted this in the "changed name" thread for faster dissemination.

Thanks,
Nick

USP40

TDI
01 Jetta (sold) 05.5 Package 2 (current)
The world would be a much better place if people were taught (and learned) about conservation of mass and conservation of energy.

I have had other engineers ask me what I thought about the hydrogen generating systems for cars... ***!

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
USP40 said:
The world would be a much better place if people were taught (and learned) about conservation of mass and conservation of energy.

I have had other engineers ask me what I thought about the hydrogen generating systems for cars... ***!
Can I get an Aaaaaaaa-men!!?

No frickin kidding. Dang, it's suprising how often people who should know sometime forget conservation of mass when it's buried deeply inside practical applications. Often practical apps are all about COM law in mildly sneaky and opaque ways... everyone should know to look for them, IMO ;)

COE?! Sheesh, you're asking for miracles for everyone to know COE.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

rosycrown

TDI
2004 Jetta
Excuse my lack of experience, I have never used a forum before. I understand spam. What is trolling and shilling, and is trolling something different from troll baiting?

Keith_J

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta MT
USP40 said:

Sad state of affairs when basic science is ridiculed, even turned against itself by dilettantes of deception. They will make claims that "laws of nature" have been proven wrong (conservation of mass marginalized by atomic fission and fusion) yet fail to understand implications of their over unity claims.

With respect to hydrogen, they fail to understand there is already far more hydrogen contained in the hydrocarbon primary fuels powering their contraptions. Well, save Stan Meyer's mythical dune buggy, stolen by "sharks" after Stan was "poisoned" by Arab oil Sheiks, the military, Big Oil...

And to make it absolutely sickening to me, my brother and his wife, graduates with a PhD in life sciences and Masters of Education, believe this crap. AND ARE EDUCATORS. :eek:

Bravo to the staff and mods here keeping this immoral industry from gaining a foot hold here.:)

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
Nanotech Fuel/eefuelweb added to the list.

:)

TDIMeister

TDI
TDI
Discussions about running non-taxed fuel

I am just now hereby documenting what has been long-time TDIClub policy. In short, there's nothing new about this.

Per the [SIZE=+1]Forum Ruleshttp://www.tdiclub.com/Disclaimer/ForumRules.html [/SIZE], specifically:
[7]Do not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any illegal activity on the forums. Linking to locations that deal with any such activity are also forbidden.
Using fuels in your TDI for which road taxes have been not paid, e.g. home heating oil, jet fuel, etc., are illegal felonies in most jurisdictions, therefore discussions about the practice are not allowed on the forums, regardless of attempts to skirt around the rule. It is noted that a number of things being discussed in the forums do not meet the test of legality to the letter of the law; the line has to be drawn somewhere, and it starts here.

Threads and posts found to flout this rule will be locked or blackholed. Repeated violations or arguments against moderators will result in corresponding disciplinary actions at the moderator's/administrator's discretion.

Last edited:

UFO

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle
TDIMeister said:
I am just now hereby documenting what has been long-time TDIClub policy. In short, there's nothing new about this.

Per the [SIZE=+1]Forum Ruleshttp://www.tdiclub.com/Disclaimer/ForumRules.html [/SIZE], specifically:
Using fuels in your TDI for which road taxes have been not paid, e.g. home heating oil, jet fuel, etc., are illegal felonies in most jurisdictions, therefore discussions about the practice are not allowed on the forums, regardless of attempts to skirt around the rule. It is noted that a number of things being discussed in the forums do not meet the test of legality to the letter of the law; the line has to be drawn somewhere, and it starts here.

Threads and posts found to flout this rule will be locked or blackholed. Repeated violations or arguments against moderators will result in corresponding disciplinary actions at the moderator's/administrator's discretion.
So does this modify the forum guidelines, ie: no discussions of WVO or US SVO?

darkscout

Grammar Scout
TDI
2003 Golf
UFO said:
So does this modify the forum guidelines, ie: no discussions of WVO or US SVO?
Most states have forms which you can fill out to pay road taxes on home made BioD. Some also say "if you make less than X gallons per year, don't worry about it". Therefore it COULD be legal. If you make it illegal than that's your own prerogative.

It'd be like banning discussion of talking about D2 because some people siphon it out of other peoples tanks.

97TDIStu

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI Premium
Yes, I believe the reasoning here for banning such discussion seems to be a red herring. The rationale, as I at least thought existed before for banning such taboo a subject was that it was "snake oil" and therefore a detriment to one's vehicle. That previous rationale which was debatable ( but not allowed to be debated) as many posters have stated their successful use of such alternative fuels, was at least a reason for not allowing such discussion.

With all due respect, debating such alternative fuels legality or lack thereof is a poor excuse to forbid its discussion because it is clearly known that the TDI PAGE does not condone, nor for that matter condemn its use as this is just a forum to discuss many issues from many standpoints. Cudos to the previous several posts in making this point with more brevity than I have.

ecodean

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf, 85 jetta(sold), 03 jetta(sold)
"7]Do not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any illegal activity on the forums. Linking to locations that deal with any such activity are also forbidden."

This would apply not only to fuels but
according to this it would be forbidden to discuss many of the things discussed in the performance section since any alterations to the emissions system are illegal unless approved by the EPA. This would include removal of the catalytic converter, larger fuel injectors, larger fuel injection pumps, alterations to the vehicle tune such as getting chipped, water/methanol injection, the list could go on and on. Also any links to the suppliers of the above parts would also be forbidden.

Please say it ain't so. I for one would be bored stiff with an unmodified TDI:( .

Last edited:

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
The line must be drawn somewhere.

Leave it to those with no discretion to cause the line to be drawn much, much more restictively than it might have been if they had only held their water.

Think about that...

Bill

ecodean

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf, 85 jetta(sold), 03 jetta(sold)
Believe me, I understand what the moderators are doing and I agree with most of their decisions. I often tire of much of these miracle fuel additive and mileage enhancer threads. The use of bandwidth for such mumbo jumbo is a huge waste. I just hope that we don't take this legality thing too far. I personally like some of the legally border line ideas that one can use (not that I would apply or endorse them:rolleyes: )to alter the stock vehicle. However I also will abide by the moderators decisions, and have always done so.

TDIMeister

TDI
TDI
It is noted that a number of things being discussed in the forums do not meet the test of legality to the letter of the law; the line has to be drawn somewhere, and it starts here.
Which part to this sentence evades your comprehension?

97TDIStu

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI Premium
Okay, just so I am understanding this correctly..... There is to be no more discussion of
1) Home Brew Biodiesel- since there are no road taxes paid on it.
2) Any other home brewed fuel, snake oil, WVO, SVO because there are no taxes paid on it.
3) Epsilonian devices- because they serve to alter the emissions system
4) CAT removal because they serve to alter the emissions system
5) Egr deletions and /or Race pipe installations because the "may" be used for NON off road use.
6) ETC., etc., etc.

I'm sure there are web sites that discuss Nuclear proliferation which may have forums that devolve into discussions about the construction of weapons of mass destruction or websites that have forums on legalizing marijuana that devolve into discussions on how to plant , grow and harvest the illegal crop. If you are going to have a forum for freedom of expression of ideas, you've got to take the good with the bad, or as Austin Powers said, " It's freedom, baby yeah." I mean, who put the bustle in the hedgerow, man? Am I to understand that there is a paradigm shift in how the TDI page is gonna be run , or what? And, all the previous discussions on the topics I listed above,.... are they gonna have their threads locked? :confused:

97TDIStu

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI Premium
ecodean said:
Believe me, I understand what the moderators are doing and I agree with most of their decisions. ........................ However I also will abide by the moderators decisions, and have always done so.
Good boy! Now keep in lockstep/ goosestep! Just kidding,.... mostly.;)

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
97TDIStu said:
Good boy! Now keep in lockstep/ goosestep! Just kidding,.... mostly.;)
Meanwhile, at the Moderator Kitteh fortress of Justice,

The rules are the rules. This is not a democracy. Just leave it already. Btw, your above quote probably means the thread will be locked.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
97TDISTU, please leave the overreacting to US (the moderators). You might discover that we DON'T.

Contrary to the occasional police officer or other government official that I have had to deal with, the moderators of this site are actually capable of using common sense.

Given that this section of these forums is dedicated to alternative fuels, it is not the intent of this rule to render this whole forum section useless and redundant, which is what your overreaction would do!

We (moderators) have enough common sense to see the difference between someone who is genuinely using fuels that this forum section was meant to discuss (primarily biofuels of various types), and someone who is being a cheapskate by using surplus jet fuel, home heating oil, off-road diesel fuel, etc.

As others have noted above and elsewhere, it IS QUITE POSSIBLE for an independent private citizen to pay the road taxes on alternative fuels. And no, I am not going to bother asking for proof that you have done so. I am not the tax auditor. Of course, anyone who doesn't pay such taxes, and has a problem with the taxman as a result, is on their own.

Got it?

The rationale for this particular situation differs from the rationale of most of the other things on the banned subject list (products of snake oil salesmen and other scammers) but the rules are what they are.