rocks2

TDI
97 Passat TDI
CAR IS SOLD

http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/GRGardenWork/library/

The basics:

97 Passat TDI with 165,044 miles VIN#WVWGG83A5VB007776

Bought in December 2004 with 120,000 miles from the 2nd owner

Green with tan interior and complete set of leather seats - ( no rips or tears)
Sunroof works, CD changer in trunk, heavy duty rubber floor mats

Complete set of winter tires- Hakka Q's on black steel rims
Summer tires are on aluminum rims

Body is in great shape for a car this old, only three spots where paint is bubbling
First 100,000 miles car lived in southern Indiana and think it may not have been exposed to much salt there
2nd owner from Chicago area and have his repair receipts dating from March 2002 - December 2004

After nearly 10 years of owning my Passat it's time for a new owner. I originally bought this car for my commute from Flint to Ann Arbor, roughly 45 miles. I ended up moving closer to work and now I drive my 4x4 truck almost all year due to my landscaping work. Being a second car it has sat in the garage to often and needs to find a new owner that can benefit from the low mileage and excellent mpg - about 42 mpg.

Mods:
Rocket chip
VR6 clutch kit

Repairs:
After purchasing and driving the car to Michigan it appeared to be lacking power especially at highway speeds. Well after a lot of testing and inspection my mechanic found a botched helicoil/ glow plug repair. The head had been drilled and tapped for the helicoil and that repair ended up causing the pistons and cylinder walls to be scarred from metal shavings. At this point I decided to have my mechanic fix it all the right way and get the car ready to be my daily commuter.

Summer 2005 - @122,000 miles, mechanical work done:
Engine/ transmission were removed -
rebuild engine: (clean, disassemble, engine block to machine shop, repaint, reassemble, diagnose low power and replace all vacuum pressure control hoses in engine compartment),
install remanufactured cylinder head with new pistons and rings, new nozzles and injectors, all new motor mounts installed
replaced all filters and changed oil with Amsoil 3000 series 5w-30 synthetic oil
Transmission- news seals on drive flanges and input shaft of transmission, drain and replace gear fluid with Amsoil Gear Lube
Struts and shocks/mounts replaced (4)
Replaced front and rear brake components - 4 new rotors, new rear brake pads, new LR caliper boot, bleed brakes and new fluids
Install new bearings for rear axles
Install complete DieselGeek timing belt kit with water pump replacement
Outsourced work: boring, honing and decking of engine block, pop test and install new nozzles on injectors, wheel alignment

Summer 2009 - battery replaced at Sams Club

Summer 2011 - recharge AC system , alignment

Winter 2013 - repair drivers side door(wouldn't open from outside), R&R injection pump and
install complete IP seal kit , replace leaking radiator hoses, oil/filter change with
R&R oil pan gasket....................

Repairs from the previous owner: 120 amp Alternator May 2004, CV boot inner right R&R and ignition switch R&R April 2002, left front window regulator R&R August 2002, glow plug relay 2003.

Car still needs:
-- the headliner replaced - took the headliner down after it started falling
-- car has heated leather seats but can't get them to work right now
-- the driver's door handle will need to be replaced if it is going to last

Looks good and runs good. Low mileage for a car of this age. It would be an excellent car for someone who drives a lot daily for work.

Price is $3800 or best offer. Please contact me with any questions or to arrange an inspection or test drive. 616-328-1540 grgardenwork@gmail.com Cash only please. Thanks

Last edited:

rocks2

TDI
97 Passat TDI
Price drop to $3500 OBO. Full tank of diesel and it's ready to drive to a new home.

Will take some pics of engine and tires today.