July 9th mid-michigan GTG for Gewilli

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
Yeah, I know it's not much time to make arrangements but there was a bit of uncertainty as to whether or not the time slot would work.

I would like to host a GTG for the departing Gewilli as he and his family head out east to Rhode Island to a new life adventure.

Please chime in if you'd like to make it. It will be an official GTG but if you want to just hang and socialize...GROOVY!

Marty

Darren_J

Veteran Member
TDI
MK 4 TDI
I'm in like Flynn. I better give Molson's Brewery a heads up so they can send an extra tractor-trailer load of pints to Windsor. Geoff I hope your thirsty

hatchy20TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Silver Golf GL
Hope you guys don't mind an extra coming up. Robert contacted me as we had to some work to do on my car. That's too bad you're leaving Michigan, but good luck in RI!

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
i guess i could make it

hmmm truck race or GTG in Michigan... tough call...

and if Darren's bringing a tractor trailer load of Molson i'd better get a designated driver
might actually bring the 'other' car (i call morning lift time)...

this michigan-ontario crew is amazing - yall are a great bunch (i'm gonna stop before i start to get too sappy)

Enchanter

TDI
New Beetle, 2001, Black
Unfortunately we'll be at a family reunion in Ohio

I was really hoping to be there to send GeWilli off. GTGs will surely not be the same. However, this gives me another excuse to visit the East Coast!

Good luck Geoff, we'll surely miss you.

Britt

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
I don't think I'll be able to make this one. I'll have to see what I can pull off. Perhaps a trip with two of my boys might sweeten the pot for Marie.

If I don't make it, Geoff, good luck in RI. You've got my contact info. I've got your e-mail addy so I'll make sure that I keep in contact with you.

g.

new2diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta Galactic Blue Pearl
I'll be there with the family in tow again..
If there's available garage space I'd like to take a look inside my beast.. Maybe if I can get the parts in some nozzles or a hitch..

What's on the menu for this time? i.e. What kind of beer do I need to bring to complement the feast?

\/\/

Darren_J

Veteran Member
TDI
MK 4 TDI
Keith, same place as last at Marty's. C'mon folks, sign up. An esteemed member of TDIClub is moving away, what better excuse to hoist a few pints? (That and the fact it'll be my 40th b'day as well)

JETaah

TDI
Directions? Mapquest works well.
If anyone is faced with more than 3-4 miles of unpaved road in there directions email me.

The address is:

9696 North Nicholson Road
Fowlerville, Mi 48836

A note to those that may want to use the lift:
Geoff mentioned to me that he wanted to do some exhaust work on the wifes car. This will be the first on the work list for the lift. After that if there is time to do something to completion its up for grabs.

My wife, Sandy, is going to make some bratwursts and saurkraut, and German potato salad. Bring what you like to wash it down. I will have my favorite beer here already. If anyone want to bring something else to eat along please feel free.

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV golf
Looking forward to this GTG, I think its going to be really productive and fun. Got lots of questions to ask and hope someone will be able to help me find the mysterious problem that is causing me to lose so much power. I've cleaned out the EGR and everything is back in place too.

JETaah

TDI
Marty, do we still have to detour or are the road repairs in town completed?
Thanks, DarrenJ. I almost forgot. Here's a repeat of the detour instructions from last time:

Announcement

People taking the Fowlerville exit off I-96
will encounter a detour. As an alternate route I suggest that you do the following:
As you get off the exit for Fowlerville(129) you need to head north on Grand Ave. (AKA Fowlerville road).

When you get to the detour it will send you
LEFT (west) on Garden Lane for about a mile and then
RIGHT (north)on Gregory (unmarked -- just follow the road to the right when Garden Lane stops) for almost a mile until you get to Grand River Road. At that point
Make a LEFT on Grand River (instead of a right like the detour points) and proceed west for about a mile until you get to Nicholson Road.
Make a RIGHT on Nicholson (heading north) for about 6 miles.
I am on the right side just past PIERSON Road.

9696 N. Nicholson Road

This route, while not all paved, will accomodate all but the lowest of lowriders. The RR tracks are a little rough on Gregory road but not that bad.
NOTE:
The detour is between I-96 and Grand River and if you want to take the next exit either east or west of the Fowlerville exit and find your way to Grand river that will keep you out of the detour.

Start time:
Give me until 10:00 to wipe the crusties out of my eyes...I be coming home late the night before.

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
happy birthday Darren (seems that today is the real day)

yeah i wanna try and pinpoint the exhaust leak and clean a throttle body on that car - and anything else preventative like on it...

get that done before hoisting pints
of course

and i will have the family with me this time...

Darren_J

Veteran Member
TDI
MK 4 TDI
Thanks Geoff, I tend to have extended B'days, gives me more of an excuse to "sample" the many fine brands of malt beverages available. Good to see you'll have a designated driver. (You'll need it) Are we going to carburate (sp?) the pints again? My e-codes are in, I may attempt to install them before the festivities begin.

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
i'll bring the carburator tools this time (if i can remember)

Chuck, we'll see ya around on the East Coast circuit a bit i think
well I hope!!!

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
Awww man! I/we can't make this one but I'll be there in spirit.
Good luck Geoff, hope ya find a basement with windows this time! We'll see ya around the GTGs.

onehotspud

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I'm going to try to make this one.. again. I have something else going on that day. But, it shouldn't last long.

I hate to see you go Willi! But, it just means that you get to make longer trips for Michigan GTG's.
Well, we can hope.

Who's going to take over the Michigan e-mailing?

Also, I didn't see a time. I'm not saying it's not there... I just didn't see it. If it isn't, what time? If it is there, I'll find it.

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
There was some discussion at the Mondo Spring GTG about that and last I heard, Enchanter was considering taking the email list. I dunno if he is still volunteering
and I don't want to speak for him, just repeating what I heard like a good gossip.
I believe a few posts back Marty said the previous night was going to be a long one for him so try not to get there before 10:00 AM. He'll sic is attack cat on ya if ya do!

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
as far as the list goes - i could send one list out juts CCed so all the addys are visible and then who ever wants to start taking over the list can...

That or i can figure out how to export my Outlook Address book and send that to Enchanter or who ever wants to do it...

hatchy20TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Silver Golf GL
As far as grub to bring I'm bringing Guinness at a request and Budweiser for all those who like it. Figure a couple of pounds of beef ought to do the job as well. Think 10 lbs. should do it. Just let me know and I'll bring it. Oh, and if anybody is coming from south of Fort Wayne, look me up.

onehotspud

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Thank you Mark. I will be there.

Maybe someone can help me find some mystery noises on my car.
So the e-mail thing has been discussed.. I didn't know if it had been brought up yet or not.

Vectorer

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premo
Unable.
My brother's B-day bash in GRR conflicts. If only to attend both... However, I will be there in spirit. If Saturday I toast G and everyone looks confused...it won't be the first time...

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Geoff,

I am unable to attend as well, but do wish you well out east. Thanks for all of the "TDI community" effort you have contributed, you will be missed here in the Great Lake State!

It was good to finally meet you at Marty's over Memorial Day weekend.

Thanks again,

Kirk