Pics of Rim Test Fit. Lookin' for some feedback

Georgia_Boy

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Decided to put the wheels on the car and take some pics. I'm still trying to make my mind up to sell them or run them.

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
I think it'd look nicer if the rears matched the fronts. Staggered never really looks that great on a fwd car. They otherwise look pretty nice. But I think there's a LOT of work to widen the fenders to really make it look like the wheels belong.

Georgia_Boy

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Yeah I already put the stocks back on. Probably gonna put them on eBay this weekend and see about some 18x8's. I got a good deal so I can at least make my money back off them.

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI SE 6MT 15 GOLF TDI SEL DSG
They look ok, I'd say they will look better in silver or other than chrome. If you lower your car they will look sweeter, but with this offset you are gonna have to adjust camber

roadlust

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 golf gl reflex silver (sold) 2013 TDI 2 door Golf Blue Graphite Metallic 6MT Premium Package.
Did you drive the car, if so how did it feel? Usually tires that wide don't feel right in the steering.

LaTuFu

TDI
2010 JSW, 2005 Passat Wagon BHW
I've never been a fan of staggered setups on FWD cars. I don't see the point of heavier wheels that drop MPG on a TDI car, either.

Just me, though. I got cured of the mod bug a few years ago.

Georgia_Boy

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
The wheels in that pic have about $20 worth of Plasti-Dip on them. My plan for the chrome wheels was to have the chrome blasted off and powder coat them black but leave the chrome center caps and use chrome lug bolts. I did take the car for a ride around the neighborhood and it didn't steer bad. I told my wife I was going to sell them and she actually wants me to get smaller tires on them and lower my car. God I love that woman!!! ? She's a big Ken Griffey Jr. fan and knowing they came off his car and have his Swingman logo seems to be working in my favor. ?

Georgia_Boy

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Even though I'm not huge on them if running them helps me get permission for a set of coil-overs I'll drive the dang tread off of them. Lol

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
The wheels in that pic have about $20 worth of Plasti-Dip on them. My plan for the chrome wheels was to have the chrome blasted off and powder coat them black but leave the chrome center caps and use chrome lug bolts. I did take the car for a ride around the neighborhood and it didn't steer bad. I told my wife I was going to sell them and she actually wants me to get smaller tires on them and lower my car. God I love that woman!!! �� She's a big Ken Griffey Jr. fan and knowing they came off his car and have his Swingman logo seems to be working in my favor. ��
Great. I think black wheels don't always work on a car. It depends on the car. Yous are very nice because it relates to your dark tinted windows and they are all tied together nicely.

On some cars, the black wheels just disappear

Georgia_Boy

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Thanks. I've paid 2 window tint tickets in GA to keep it all tied together nicely. My windows register at 4% on their little tint checker. I now roll my windows down when I get off the interstate and drive through small towns in GA. FL troopers and cops don't seem to care how dark your windows are.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Thanks. I've paid 2 window tint tickets in GA to keep it all tied together nicely. My windows register at 4% on their little tint checker. I now roll my windows down when I get off the interstate and drive through small towns in GA. FL troopers and cops don't seem to care how dark your windows are.
LOL, I would bet FLorida, Arizona and Texas allow a much darker tint because of the climate there. I have a tint meter so I checked mine when I got it done just to be sure.

Have never been hassled.

jerrymander

Veteran Member
TDI
f
It looks like one of those hot rod trucks with wheels that stick out across county lines. You need a bigger ET, especially on the rear wheels. Also, the chrome and your windows kind of clash: I would look into getting another pair of black wheels.

Can confirm that Florida police only pull you over for speeding.

Georgia_Boy

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Those are going on eBay and I'm down in central FL to pick up a set of 18x8" Audi Reps. I'll post pics tomorrow when I get them on my car.

Georgia_Boy

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
You gotta jump on a deal when you find one. The tires on the Audi reps are shot but that's fine with me. Gonna get a new set of tires Monday and at least these wheels are already black :D

Last edited:

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
I like those wheels!

need some better shots to really get a idea how they look on the car :D

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
You gotta jump on a deal when you find one. The tires on the Audi reps are shot but that's fine with me. Gonna get a new set of tires Monday and at least these wheels are already black :D

Which wheels did you put on ebay? the chrome or black? Can you post the ebay auction?

Georgia_Boy

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
The chrome wheels are going on eBay. havent gotten around to posting them up for sale yet. The solid black one's are just my stock wheels. I'm gonna post them in the for sale forum and put them on Craigslist once I get the new ones on.

Georgia_Boy

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
They have 225/49R18's on them now but I'm thinking about 235/40's just a little wider. I'm open for suggestions though.