Pumpe Duse Cam Hub Puller

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
What do you think, is this going to work?

I whipped up a cam hub puller for my BEW engine. Still have to drill some holes in the three little "arms" that stick out. I'll do that the first time I use it, when I can hold it up to the hub to see the bolt pattern.

For those who aren't sure what I'm talking about, it's for pulling this off (picture below from myturbodiesel.com)...

Last edited:

Nutsnbolts

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2000 Jetta, Silver Arrow
It should do the job as long as you get the 3 pulley bolts snugged down onto the wings when you make the pull. You might have to add some vertical struts from the body to the wings as a little insurance.

I run the pulley bolts through the frame of my steering wheel puller and the snout is just small enough to contact the cam and not the pulley.

-Rich

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
So far on 3 cams I have used a block of wood with the cam out of the car. On the old rabbits I do it in the car as you have to for the timing belt. No harm so far.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
So yeah, it didn’t work. Too big.

I made it only guessing the dimensions as I didn’t have access to my car to take measurements. The concept is okay, but it was just the wrong size.

Turned out I didn’t need to pull the hub anyway. I was replacing lifters and I just left the hub attached and lifted the cam out.