TDIFest 2009 coming to Washington, DC

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta

SSTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
none :-(
This will be an easy one to make. The SS in SSTDI is Silver Spring, where I used to live. I used to stalk Tomo, or visa verse? Back when he had a red MKIV Jetta... long long ago. :)

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Can't wait... maybe I'll actually have a diesel this time around. ;)

Then I won't be the schmuck with a non-turbo indirect injection gasser. :p

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
bhtooefr said:
Then I won't be the schmuck with a non-turbo indirect injection gasser. :p
Yup! You'll just be a schmuck! ;)

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
At least I wasn't the schmuck parking a red gasser in the middle of a group of TDIs, trying to pass it off as a TDI, or the one parking a horribly sooty white "GTI TDI" next to the clean diesels.

:p

VeeDubTDI

TDI
bhtooefr said:
At least I wasn't the schmuck parking a red gasser in the middle of a group of TDIs, trying to pass it off as a TDI, or the one parking a horribly sooty white "GTI TDI" next to the clean diesels.

:p
But you did park a red 3.5 cylinder gasser in the middle of a group of TDIs. :p

VeeDubTDI

TDI
rocketeer928 said:
Looking forward to my first TDIFest in '09, and see some more sights in the DC area.
Glad to hear you're planning on coming down! :cool:

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
PLease let me know if I can help in any way as the area is 15 minutes away from me. This is terrfic and I will be happy to help out in any way possible.

maloosheck

Veteran Member
TDI
2K6 1K2 BRM, 2K8 7L6 BWF, 85 16 MF
Wow, it is awesome the TDIFest will be so close. I have to convince my wife to stay in town this time, so that I leave my car at home and take a walk to Dulles :D .

maloosheck

Veteran Member
TDI
2K6 1K2 BRM, 2K8 7L6 BWF, 85 16 MF
That reminds me: do we want some coverage from VoA? The new HQ is very close.

I mean maybe by that time they will be able to bring Tig TDI or Egg2 TDI V6 to show?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
va_reman said:
PLease let me know if I can help in any way as the area is 15 minutes away from me. This is terrfic and I will be happy to help out in any way possible.
PM sent. :)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
maloosheck said:
That reminds me: do we want some coverage from VoA? The new HQ is very close.

I mean maybe by that time they will be able to bring Tig TDI or Egg2 TDI V6 to show?
The location was chosen in part because of its proximity to VWoA's new headquarters. Talking to them is on our list of things to do. :cool:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
bestmapman, we're thinking about it. I can plan a really sweet route through Great Falls, VA that will take us on a nice scenic tour. It will also be a challenge to the cars in terms of fuel economy.

Haiku TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
Lawson, congratulations!!! Who knows where I will be come that weekend, but if I am on this side of the pond then I will do my darndest to be there to serve as your personal assistant.

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
VeeDubTDI said:
The location was chosen in part because of its proximity to VWoA's new headquarters. Talking to them is on our list of things to do. :cool:
Talk? Are you sure that will work? I would think "clue by 4s" as a minimum would be needed ;)

bestmapman

TDI
06 Jetta TDI
VeeDubTDI said:
bestmapman, we're thinking about it. I can plan a really sweet route through Great Falls, VA that will take us on a nice scenic tour. It will also be a challenge to the cars in terms of fuel economy.
If I could make a suggestion, it would be to have the fuel economy run the day of the start of TDIfest. That would be the 4th. The people who would want to be in it would have to come early. That way it could be an all day run (at least 300 miles).

Just a thought.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Haiku TDI said:
Lawson, congratulations!!! Who knows where I will be come that weekend, but if I am on this side of the pond then I will do my darndest to be there to serve as your personal assistant.
Oh behave!

I hope you can make it!!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
bestmapman said:
If I could make a suggestion, it would be to have the fuel economy run the day of the start of TDIfest. That would be the 4th. The people who would want to be in it would have to come early. That way it could be an all day run (at least 300 miles).

Just a thought.
I'm not sure I'm up for a 300 mile drive on the first day of Fest.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Activity. It is good to have the event close. Now I need to work my schedule so that I am in town.

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
I am sure Lindsay VW and VwoA will be onboard once they are contacted. I thought just rolled by my mine is an event around the same time as we plan the 2009fest is another event that is huge called Bugout and it is at Old Dominion raceway (Manassas about 20 miles from Dulles) which both Lindsay and VWoA were heavily involved.

BEN721364

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 sedan
bestmapman said:

Just a thought.
"...it could be an all day run (at least 300 miles)."

300 miles = all day? :confused:

FollowTheBlackRabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
05 TDI Passat variant, 03 Dodge 2500 Cummins
High five!
I finally get myself a TDI and look what happens; the next TDIFest is ~an hour from my house.

Now should i bring my (new to me) 05 TDI Passat variant or my trusty old veggie MKII Jetta?

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
FollowTheBlackRabbit said:
High five!
I finally get myself a TDI and look what happens; the next TDIFest is ~an hour from my house.

Now should i bring my (new to me) 05 TDI Passat variant or my trusty old veggie MKII Jetta?
Bring a friend or signifigant other and bring both.