AC delete serpentine belt, part number?

treue

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI 01M
Anyone happen to have the AC delete belt part number? My local parts store is claiming ignorance without a number. Thanks.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
I don't know what you mean by "AC delete" but the part number for the serpentine belt on an ALH motor that didn't come with AC is 038 903 137 G.

I don't know if that would work on an ALH motor that originally had AC but had it removed, as I'm not sure of how the belt would be routed...

All the best,

Yuri

treue

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI 01M
My AC compressor is locked up, so i'm trying to find a shorter belt to be able to run the car in the meantime. I'll try that number.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
The routing for that non-AC belt is completely different than for the "normal" ALH engine with AC... (I believe the power steering pump is where the AC compressor is on your car...)

I don't think this particular belt will work, and I have no idea how you'll be routing it... hopefully someone who has done this before will chime in... soon...

Good luck!!!

Yuri

treue

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI 01M
I may have to borrow the wife's Chrysler for work today then. Woe is me. :mad:

Last edited:

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
ymz said:
The routing for that non-AC belt is completely different than for the "normal" ALH engine with AC... (I believe the power steering pump is where the AC compressor is on your car...)

I don't think this particular belt will work, and I have no idea how you'll be routing it... hopefully someone who has done this before will chime in... soon...

Good luck!!!

Yuri
That is right. I am not sure but I think bracket for alternator ,A/C and P/Steering pump is not same either. NONE of US models did not come with out A/C . You may want to try some Canadians models and see or if you have some one in Europe .
Here is picture with out A/C :

1 .Harmonic balancer
2.Tensioner
3.Alternator
5.Power steering pump