Broke a part inside injector fuel pump. Can't find where to buy new part. Any ideas?

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
So I broke the "Cross Disc" or "Washer On Cross" part number is: "2 460 140 021" according to the diagram I found. (http://injection-automotive.blogspot.it/2014/01/0470004014-bosch-rotary-injection-pump.html) or close up view (http://injection-automotive.blogspot.com.es/2014/04/2460140021-bosch-washer-on-cross.html)

Been looking for over an hour and I'm good with the internet. But I can not find anywhere to buy it. It can't be that hard to find. Any ideas of the right site?

Thank you for any leads. I already checked my vw dealership and its not even listed on their site or on their diagram.

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Actually it is that hard to find. The part itself, from Bosch, is (last I checked which was years ago) roughly $500. And that's wholesale. We've seen this happen before, your pump is for all intents and purposes now a boat anchor. Best bet is to pick up a new one or a junkyard one. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :-/

Krzano

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 GOLF TDI 5spd.
I have a spare 11mm pump that's in pieces in my garage. PM me if you would like to shoot me an offer or get more info on it.

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
Actually it is that hard to find. The part itself, from Bosch, is (last I checked which was years ago) roughly $500. And that's wholesale. We've seen this happen before, your pump is for all intents and purposes now a boat anchor. Best bet is to pick up a new one or a junkyard one. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :-/
Aaron... are you guys talking about the same part?...the part the OP is referring to is the drive lug cross piece that goes between the drive shaft and the camplate ... $500?...that sounds like a price for the pump head and plunger....

vanbcguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'93 Passat - AHU mTDI with GTB1756VK
Given the average used TDI pump seems to go for around $350 I wouldn't even bother fixing one if something like that broke

Bosch charges a LOT for non-wear parts. It is almost always cheaper to get another pump if anything major has broken.

Should add... If you have a stock pump head there is very little chance that the head itself is not damaged if the cross broke. The head is $1k from Bosch.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Based on comments in another thread, I think he broke the yoke.

OP, if you notice, every piece in the link has the same part number! Not sure why! But, look close and you will see.

Below is a pic of the various pieces parts. #1 is the Yoke! I think this is what you are looking for. I agree with the others, it would be cheaper to find a good used IP. You have no idea what else in the IP might be damaged.

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
email replied to.... i have a few of these.... strange this thread popped up i just replaced a pump where this piece as well as the drive lugs in the pump shaft were worn out ... pump was hard start, noisy, and would not make timing...has about 1.5mm of wear between the two parts.... also i just picked up an 11mm pump yesterday that has the same kind of rotational slop in the hub... i'm pretty sure it's worn in a similar fashion ... maybe ulsd is finally taking it's toll on the VE internals