Never got the verification email for buyback site

uncle fishhead

TDI
2012 Golf
This problem has been mentioned in several threads, but I believe that it needs a thread of it's own, properly titled, so that people can see see if any progress is being made.

I signed up Tuesday (26th of July) night. Didn't get the verification email.

I called the phone number. They took my contact info. But no fix.

This morning I tried to log on. Got this error:
Error Code 8710
Verification Pending, please check your email a new email has been sent.
This is a bit of a change.....they've attempted to modify the site to try and fix the problem by resending the email. But after waiting 45 minutes....nada....did not get the 2nd email.

Has anyone worked around or fixed this problem yet?

I'm thinking about trying again with a new email address.

yehaman

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Check your spam file.

My verification code showed up three hours after I registered.

uncle fishhead

TDI
2012 Golf
I don't have a spam file.

However.... I just re-registered using my work email. Everything worked this time, verification email came in a matter of seconds.

I filled out the form and have my buyout amount. Probably going to finalize purchase of a Volvo V60 today. :)

autdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 NB, 2003 NB, 2006 Touareg, 2015 Jetta, 2013 Beetle, 2013 Touareg
Check your spam file.

My verification code showed up three hours after I registered.
Funny you say that, and in my spam folder sits a Home Depot data breach class action notice. So yeah, they end up there.

Also interesting to note, the objection date was 2 weeks ago. Really timely notification there.

BPofMD

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE
Are you using Firefox as your browser? Use Microsoft IE and you'll get in. I had the same problem last night.... also do NOT use hotmail as an email. It's being rejected on their site.

uncle fishhead

TDI
2012 Golf
In my case, I used Firefox as my browser both times. And Thunderbird as my email client both times.

In one case (the one that failed) my email POP server was verizon.net (now with Frontier, email actually run by AOL). The verification email for this account never came to me. I don't think it's spam filtering.....certainly not local filtering, but perhaps verizon.net does something.

In the other case, gmail is doing the hosting for my company email. I have to use imap with gmail since the idiots at Google violate the POP standard (i.e., they don't immediately delete emails when I download and delete them from the server .... which means that I get them multiple times). But, for whatever reason, I did receive the verification email when I used this email address.

uncle fishhead

TDI
2012 Golf
Oops. I have to retract my complaints against the site.

Turns out that AOL does do spam filtering. Ironically they filtered the VW verification email and are also filtering my local VW dealer and my Frys' daily coupon codes (which probably do fit the spam label due to their volume).

If you have a verizon.net email, that's likely the source of your problem.

halfast3

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI DSG
When I registered a few nights ago, I got the reply right away on my phone...waited over an hour for it to show up in my laptop inbox. Checked the spam folder, trash etc. ...nada.
I ended up forwarding the email from my phone so I could complete the registration and go to bed.
...zzzz.

JettaJedi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon GL 5 spd, 2003 Jetta TDI GL 4dr 5 spd, 2017 Golf TSI Wolfsburg Edition
When I registered a few nights ago, I got the reply right away on my phone...waited over an hour for it to show up in my laptop inbox. Checked the spam folder, trash etc. ...nada.
I ended up forwarding the email from my phone so I could complete the registration and go to bed.
...zzzz.
I completed the registration a while back but cannot find the link to login - could someone please post the login link so it can be made a sticky - nothing in my email.