Help needed in Oakville this Saturday morning

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
If anyone has an hour or so to spare on Saturday morning, I could use a pair of hands to help me dismantle a kids swing set in Oakville.

I bought it for my kids and will be renting a cube van to pick it up with around 10 am Saturday morning. I just need the help to take it apart. I will unload it in Whitby and get a neighbor to help me reconstruct it.

Thanks for looking.

TheTDIWagonGuy

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Black 2003 Bora Wagon TDI
How big is the swing? Could we fit it in my trailer? Its an 8' x 4' snowbear from Home Depot. It would save you having to rent the truck.

LMK

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
TheTDIWagonGuy said:
How big is the swing? Could we fit it in my trailer? Its an 8' x 4' snowbear from Home Depot. It would save you having to rent the truck.

LMK
Are you sure you want to volunteer a 200+ km round trip Mike? I don't mind renting a van for the trip.

The seller pulled the add, so I can't link to it to show the picture. But if you are sure, I think it will fit OK on a 4X8 trailer with enought straps. The slide might be a bit longer than 8 feet as well as some of the beams, but they shouldn't overhang too much.

Thanks for the offer. I'll PM you both with the details.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Thanks very much for the offers guys. But Oakville is a long way from Stouffville and Aurora. That would be a long trip to simply take out a few lag bolts and load some lumber onto a trailer. But I do appreciate the offer. 3 people will be plenty to get the set down in 30 min or less.

Anyway, here is the address for you guys:

1423 Bayberry Place:

http://www.mapquest.ca/mq/10-m1brDEaMQ0z9Th_iGwEY

BTW, make sure you let me know how you take your coffee. And, if we have time, I will treat you to a good greasy breakfast at a local greasy spoon.

Last edited:

VDubbing

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta Galactic Blue
so now nigel is wussing out of buying the whole ontario section a greassy breakfast. I thought he was a good guy up until this point.

Nigel Im out the wardenb want to go first thing saturday to buy 4 low flo toilets. Seems home depot and york region have a 60 dollar rebate. Looks like ill be plumbing a bit saturday.

fukeen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 1990 Golf
Hi Nigel,

I'm doing some training this weekend in Mississauga. I'm free in afternoon time though. What time are you thinking to do this?
If you still need additional help you can count on me too, just drop me a PM

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
I think were good to go. I have 2 people coming to help, which is more than enought to take it apart. And start time is 10am, but thanks anyway. All the offers are much appreciated.

GD

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline DSG
unfortunatly its my daughter's b'day with 16 kids coming over so I'll be tied up on Saturday.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
flodiesel said:
Do I need any tools?
I didn't know you were coming? I thjought it was just Eric & Mike.

Anyway, I will have my tools with me, so no worries there.

How do you guys take your coffee's? I will have some fresh ones waiting for you at 10am.

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon TDI Highline
Well give me a shout Nigel if you happen to forget something (i.e. a tool) while you're there in the morning, then I can pick it up in the evening when I go there and will at least have been able to help somehow ;)

flodiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
I said that if you need me I can help. You did say you had 2 guys and I thought you were talking about Mike and I. It's up to you.. U need me I will be there.

TheTDIWagonGuy

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Black 2003 Bora Wagon TDI
Flo, if you want to ride with me you can meet me at the 404 and Aurora Rd on my way down. I'll be leaving between 8:30 and 9:00. LMK or call me in the morning 905-717-0395.