2016 Q5 Fuel Filter replacement tutorial?

seancashmere

TDI
2016 Audi Q5 TDI
Anyone have a link to a how-to for swapping out the fuel filter on these cars? It looks like the part is an inline fuel filter. Will I need a special tool to do this work? Where is it located? Any photos?

Oddly, I can't find anything when I Google it. Thanks in advance.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Under the right (passenger) side of car, you'll need to remove the shield underneath... against the unibody rail.

Out in the open once the shield is dropped, two clamps, kinda sits in a little bracket than needs to be taken loose first. It is pretty self explanatory once you see it. Have a drip pan ready.

seancashmere

TDI
2016 Audi Q5 TDI
You are a rockstar! Thanks. Do I need special pliers to loosen the lines?

Also, when you say right side, are we talking right rear near the fuel door? Mid near where front and rear door meet? Front?

Also, the shield. Torx 30? Torx 20? Phillips?

Thanks!

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Midship, about half way between the axles.

Slip joint pliers for the clamps, I think the shield and bracket is just 10mm nuts.

2014 A6

TDI
2014 Audi A6 3.0
If you tackle this any pics you could supply or advise about your experience to help others (me) would be appreciated! Do you use the VCDS to prime the filter?

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
I did not need to prime mine on my A6. Just made sure to lose as little fuel as possible by quickly swapping the filter.
It is an easy swap once you see it. Check flow direction on filter, I believe there was an arrow indicating which direction to install it in.

2014 A6

TDI
2014 Audi A6 3.0
Thanks Radman. Just got some race ramps (rr-xt-2-hd) since I’ll be servicing my Audi going forward. These things aren’t cheap but I’m still ahead after a fuel filter and oil change with what the dealer charges.