Q5 Tire time

av8r

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI (#23rd in prod), Black. 2014 Audi Q5 TDI, Black
Time to replace the original Michelin Latitude255/45R20 rubber. They are quiet and great handling but I need more of an all season tire. I had 17" Pirelli Cinturato P7's on the Jetta TDI that were just outstanding--quiet, yet great traction/handling. Any suggestions/experience?

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
I have had good experiences with Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S Plus. Be sure to get Plus because that is the newer and better wearing model.

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
I have had good experiences with Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S Plus. Be sure to get Plus because that is the newer and better wearing model.
But, TireRack, when they tested it, noticed the Plus had a reduction in wet traction.

Other alternatives:
If you want better snow traction.... Look at the Nokian WR G3 SUV or the new WR G4 SUV (when they come in).

or... more of an all-season SUV tire, Nokian Entyre C/S

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
But, TireRack, when they tested it, noticed the Plus had a reduction in wet traction.

Other alternatives:

If you want better snow traction.... Look at the Nokian WR G3 SUV or the new WR G4 SUV (when they come in).

or... more of an all-season SUV tire, Nokian Entyre C/S

Many folks, especially in New England and other northern locations, love Nokian Tires. I had a set on my Eos when I lived in NH. They were ok, didn’t last nearly as long as they were expected to, but I ended up trading in the car. On my Touareg and my Q5, the Pirelli tires have done better. TireRack is indeed a good place to learn about tire characteristics.