'06 Jetta VAG Codes (VAG-COM Newbie)

Bugzilla

TDI
2002 NB / 2006 Jetta
Is there a specific TDI reference for the newer models? Or will much of the older information still work?

I am about to plunk down the $$$ for a VAG-COM (don't tell the wife).

I have a 2002 NB and now the 2006 Jetta. Both are TDI. NB is a 5 speed, and the Jetta is the DSG.

Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times. I did do a half hearted search, but didn't have much luck.

wolfsburg_de

Ross-Tech AssociateVendor , w/Business number
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6MT

Bugzilla

TDI
2002 NB / 2006 Jetta
wolfsburg_de said:
Keep in mind that since your '06 Jetta uses CAN-Bus diagnostics, you will need a HEX-COM+CAN or HEX-USB+CAN (they are backwards compatible with the older vehicles like your NB as well).
Yeah I had sort of figured that out from what I had read, but it is good to have in black and white. I was curious about backward compatiblity though. That is good news.

And thanks for the links, I will put them to good use! :D

flipside

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta
Newbie here as well and looking at the vag-com, I just bought 06 Jetta TDI with DSG. My brother in law has the o5 passat TDI, will the mentioned interfaces work on the passat as well.

penclnck

I'll chime in with my usual "get the USB cable" since many new laptops don't have serial ports anymore. There is no real differance in using the USB vs COM cables... just how they plug up to a computer.

So for the post above me... HEX-USB+CAN will do the 2005.5 and newer car as well as the old cars back to 1994 (and beyond).

Sebastian... gonna be in stinkin' Jersey for Waterfest again? Rumor has it there will be some good looking girls there this year. :)