FS 2000 JETTA GLS 5spd

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
2000 Jetta GLS TDI 5 spd manual. White w/dark tint glass-sharp!! Moonroof, 6 CD, alloy wheels. Currently 96K miles. Clean CarFax report VIN#3VWSF29M0YM051058. $9500. I have owned it since 6/03, TB changed w/Dieselgeek kit @75K by private VW only mechanic. No issues/MILs other than 1 new MAF @70K and #3 glowplug in Jan. This car has had a recorded (since 6/03) lifetime average of 50+MPG. I have entered every tank of fuel in logbook. Consistantly runs in mid 50s in non-freezing weather and 48-50 in the cold, which can be 5 or 6 months a year up here so I consider this outstanding!:D My work commute is 80 miles round trip 3-5 days/week mostly 2 lane rural hiway-virtualy no in-town miles. Check out the monthly fuel mileage competions, I post when I have time and logbook handy. Oil changes have been done myself every 5K w/Havoline Synthetic 5W-40 VW approved. Included are 2 keys/fobs, radio code, floormats, access to maint. records CarFax report, and logbook. Condition very good-it's not a show car, I drive it and take care of it. The interior is excellant, only flaw is broken latch/hinge on center armrest (was when I bought it) no passengers ever in back seats, sometimes some cargo, golfclubs in trunk April thru Oct. Exterior has a few minor rockchips on front bumpercover/hood, couple of small door dings (no use lying about it) only aquired 1 since I have had it. I think it looks very good and it has not been detailed; I'm driving it most every day, working out of it sometimes but have always kept interior almost spotless-no one else drives it!
Reason for selling: My project/rebuilder car (01 Jetta TDI rollover) is almost ready to paint and finish. Brad (Deafbug) came and did the TB so it's time to let this one go. I bought the project car before I knew about TDI Club and got in over my head so I bought the 2000 Jetta to drive and study while working out the problems with the wrecked one-it required a new engine due to broken block/engine mount and trashed head and valves-TB slipped when engine mounts let go.:eek: The project got sidetracked due to the extent of issues with buying a bad engine first and a kid in college and golfing.:rolleyes:
Please do not confuse the 2000 with the 2001. I bought the 01 as a wreck (jettawreck) the 2000 has never been damaged. I love the car, just cannt keep them both. Can email interested persons pics on request. For best response time please call 218.262.4400 work or 218.326.1789 home and ask for Marc. I do not get to access this site daily. Located in northern MN. Thanks and my apologies for the long post.:)

Last edited:

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
This sale was cancelled by the buyer due to financial situations beyond his control and the car is available for sale again. Thank you to all who replied and if anyone is interested let me know, I now have the pics loaded in my computer and can email them more quickly. All requests will be responded to. Thanks, Marc.:)

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Still available

Another sale did not materialize due to unfortunate financial circumstances for the buyer. I will try to contact those of you who sent PM in the order they were received. Again, thanks for looking.:)

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Thanks Chris (ACRucrazy), sorry it didn't work out for you. Hope you find a buyer for the truck and get into a TDI. I think I responded to everyone via PM or email, if not let me know. As of 4/9/06 a Club member has agreed to purchase and as of 4/12/06 have received money to hold it until 4/30/06 when he plans to trek north and pick it up. (This too is Chris, but a different Chris) Thanks everyone, will let you know how it transpires.