Vwcourtsettlement page

Snufalufagus

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Golf TDI, 13 CC R-Line (wifey's)
I got as far as entering everything and getting my email verification. When trying to sign in it said email verification pending and gave me an error code. ***

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Were you guys able to put your vin in and get a number? I'm so confused.
Put your VIN into the check to see if your vehicle is eligible thing. Once it pops up and says that your vehicle is eligible...the paragraph that I quoted will pop up. If you click on the section that I highlighted in red...it will bring you to the claim registration website.

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
It seems that only half of owner restitution is included for Post-Jun.28th purchased cars, at the moment.

Of course they don't know how many eligible sellers would claim their 50% share just yet.

rico227

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
Site isn't working for me right now. It's the same VIN input section as before, and when I enter my info it says "Your Information has been Submitted
Thank you. You will be contacted via email with updates associated with the settlements."

DanCsTDI

TDI
2015 Golf TDI
I set up an account. I went to the settlement page. Answered two questions and then clicked on the link. I set up and account entered all my information and they calculated it and said I will received information in a few weeks. The amount is off from what was in the proposal. I have low miles. I think it is not calculating the mileage component correctly. I'll call them once I get the actual stuff in the mail.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Site isn't working for me right now. It's the same VIN input section as before, and when I enter my info it says "Your Information has been Submitted
Thank you. You will be contacted via email with updates associated with the settlements."
It's working. They just did a p1ss poor job of designing the interface between that website and the claim website.

Do the 'Check my Eligibility' question. It will provide the message below. The section that I highlighted in red is a hyperlink that shows up as the same font color, but in bold on the website.
Based on the answers provided, you are considered an Eligible Owner under the terms of the proposed Settlements. If approved by the Court, any benefits available to you will be directly related to how long you have owned the vehicle.
To learn more about the specific benefits that may be available to you, please access the Online Claims Portal. You can also find the information detailed in the Court Documents section of this website, including all exclusions that will apply. Proof of eligibility will be required.

rico227

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
It's working. They just did a p1ss poor job of designing the interface between that website and the claim website.

Do the 'Check my Eligibility' question. It will provide the message below. The section that I highlighted in red is a hyperlink that shows up as the same font color, but in bold on the website.
Thanks!!

grwoolf

TDI
2012 JSW
Site worked fine for me. Asked me a bunch of questions and spit out a buyback number. At the end, it asked if I wanted the buy back option. It said I could change my mind later, but would need to call to change it. I went ahead and submitted my choice, I can't see a situation where I wouldn't take the buyback.

I must say I'll be pretty happy with this outcome if everything works out. We like the car and TDI engine, but the VW settlement makes this right for my situation. I feel for all the people who needed to sell their TDI while this is going on. I'm not sure I'm comfortable buying another VW based on the ethics and potential ongoing impact to their business, but I do think they are at least making me whole on the current car.

We'll see what (if anything) VW does around incentives to keep customers. If they have some good incentives, I'll at least give VW a look.

bring

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Jetta SEL, DSG
I just registered

The good news is my $ went up from $29.1k to $30.8k

My guess is they tacked on $ for the Driver Assistance and Lighting package I have, that wasn't accounted for in the estimate last month

Last edited:

Benton

TDI
2015 SportWagen SEL/TDI
I set up an account. I went to the settlement page. Answered two questions and then clicked on the link. I set up and account entered all my information and they calculated it and said I will received information in a few weeks. The amount is off from what was in the proposal. I have low miles. I think it is not calculating the mileage component correctly. I'll call them once I get the actual stuff in the mail.
Ditto for me too. However, I saw no place to enter options such as the $995 lighting package.

Edit: unless they pulled all details from the VIN.

Last edited:

faultymechanics

Veteran Member
TDI
1992 Jetta Ecodiesel, 2015 Jetta TDI SEL
I just registered

My guess is they tacked on $ for the upgraded Driver Assistance and Lighting package I have that wasn't accounted for in the estimate last month

My offer for my 2015 jetta tdi sel with 40k (at point of buyback) is 23k and I had it fully loaded with LDAP as well. I am getting shafted, I don't know what is happening. They are offering me 19500 for the car plus ~3200 added on top.

In terms of my loan I'll have paid approx 7k into my loan and it will still be at 24k so I will get absolutely nothing. My car depreciated from 29+k to 19.5k in the three months I owned it?

Last edited:

RollingCoal

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Tdi SEL
I just registered

My guess is they tacked on $ for the Driver Assistance and Lighting package I have, that wasn't accounted for in the estimate last month
That's not the case for the Golf TDI, at least not mine. I have a 2015 SEL and my buy back offer was $27,900 not so good.

bring

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Jetta SEL, DSG
My offer for my 2015 jetta tdi sel with 40k (at point of buyback) is 23k and I had it fully loaded with LDAP as well. I am getting shafted, I don't know what is happening. They are offering me 19500 for the car plus ~3200 added on top.

In terms of my loan I'll have paid approx 7k into my loan and it will still be at 24k so I will get absolutely nothing. My car depreciated from 29+k to 19.5k in the three months I owned it?

I only have 12k miles so I get the low mileage bonus. Also, I don't get the manual trans deduction.

Last edited:

Benton

TDI
2015 SportWagen SEL/TDI
Form att._1a still says:

2015 Note: Amounts for 2015 model year are approximate.

I'm thinking these 2015 $'s should still rise.

Edit: If they don't then someone will have to explain to me why an 8-week old car (on 9/18/2015) took a 25% $ hit.

Last edited:

bring

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Jetta SEL, DSG
Form att._1a still says:

I don't think mine can go any higher - it's almost at MSRP

HBarlow

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen, 2016 Audi Q5 TDI
Thanks to the links and discussion provided here I was able to register my car, answer the questions, and get an estimate of the buyback and additional restitution I can expect.

My VW is a 2009 JSW TDI DSG with 110,000 miles. I bought it less than four years ago from a teacher in OK w/59k miles. I've added 50k+ miles with only routine scheduled maintenance, a set of Michelin tires, one electric door lock assembly and one electric window operator. I love the car and had no plans to replace it until the emissions issue hit the news.

The estimated settlement I'll receive is $9200 buyback and $5100 goodwill gesture for a total of $14,300. I still have the $1000 prepaid Visa cards. I'm going to sell it back to VW. It will make someone else a good car.

I contracted today to buy an identical used 2014 JSW SE TDI DSG with sun roof and premium sound,w/19,000 miles in the identical Pure White w/Titan Black interior.

I'll continue driving the 2009 but not enough to exceed the 115,000 mile bracket upper limit. I also don't want to pay for the 120k mile timing belt replacement or suffer a broken belt and expensive repairs. My car is not showing any check engine lights so no problems with the dpf or other emissions crap.

I live in west Texas where emissions are a non-issue. I don't think either I or the 2014 I'm buying will be eligible for any settlement dollars so I have no plans to allow VW to modify the 2014 unless armed federal authorities show up at my door.

I've liked VWs since I was a teenager (which is a very long time ago) and have owned many of them over the years. My wife and I have also owned one BMW each. BMWs are great cars but expensive to own. I love the performance and feel of German cars and am also very fond of turbo diesel engines so a VW TDI is a perfect car for me. I don't think I've ever owned another car in my life that provided more overall satisfaction than the TDI. It simply works for me. I like the engine torque, the crisp shifting DSG, the handling, steering, and braking, fuel economy, 10k mile service intervals, and the comfort and convenience of the Sportwagen.

I'm a happy camper. No complaints here about what VW has done or will do in settling this issue. I applaud VW for fooling the EPA as long as they did.

Last edited:

RollingCoal

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Tdi SEL
Form att._1a still says:

Edit: If they don't then someone will have to explain to me why an 8-week old car (on 9/18/2015) took a 25% $ hit.
Yeah it's unrealistic. MSRP was over 30k for my car and they want me to believe it depreciated 30% in a few months. Yes depreciation is large the first year but its not close to 30%. Average depreciate for the ENTIRE first year of a car is 19%. Even including the fact that it was trade in (like I was going to trade my car in last Sep) There is at least a few % discrepancy here which is unaccounted for. The 2015 owners are falling somewhere around 2 grand short compared to how other years are coming out on this (and good for them no hate here).

MrSprdSheet

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW TDI
Website shouldn't say "I am interested in buy back", or "I am interested in fix", when owners may be interested in opting out and hiring a lawyer. They forgot a third interest.

MrSprdSheet

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW TDI
The 2015 owners are falling somewhere around 2 grand short compared to how other years are coming out on this (and good for them no hate here).
Keep driving your car, and you'll be ahead a lot more than 2k. Your relatively undepreciated value is frozen. Older owners ate it all. I don't hate the middle years of the class, but I will take issue with our legal wizards. If that leads to a more equitable settlement, I'm good with it and it won't be any more skin off VW's back.

faultymechanics

Veteran Member
TDI
Bring, I still dont understand why my tdi sel is worth sooo much less then yours. The mileage and the auto tranny dont adjust my price by 6-7k.

I'm offered 23k you said you got 30k as an offer? What the hell is the difference that's making such a change? What was the base value they put your tdi at?

This is absolutely ridiculous, I'm getting so screwed and I dont get it. Seems like I so far have the worst offer I've seen.

dgoodhue

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 6MT JSW
BTW this question made me chuckle when I was registering my wife TDI

Can your vehicle be driven under its own 2.0L TDI engine power?

bring

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Jetta SEL, DSG
Bring, I still dont understand why my tdi sel is worth sooo much less then yours. The mileage and the auto tranny dont adjust my price by 6-7k.

I'm offered 23k you said you got 30k as an offer? What the hell is the difference that's making such a change? What was the base value they put your tdi at?

This is absolutely ridiculous, I'm getting so screwed and I dont get it. Seems like I so far have the worst offer I've seen.

I'm guessing it's all in the mileage.

CT_White_SRT

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL
I just registered

weird. did not do that for me.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
BTW this question made me chuckle when I was registering my wife TDI

Can your vehicle be driven under its own 2.0L TDI engine power?
I didn't chuckle...I rolled my eyes. They don't want a car in which the faulty DPF failed (poor design and software) or the HPFP went out while the customer was waiting for this to get resolved.

That's not getting into the cars that haven't received preventative maintenance in close to a year. I wonder how many timing belts are going to let go prior to the buyback...

faultymechanics

Veteran Member
TDI
weird. did not do that for me.

Yep, I'm drastically less then what was previously estimated and I have LDAP too, don't see any of that in my pricing. Also even with 40k mileage AT turn in I still am getting crapped on hard. I still don't get this.