Judge give preliminary okay for settlement

VABarn

TDI
2012 TDI Prem w/Nav
https://www.vwdieselinfo.com/updates/2471/

"Individual class members will now receive notification of their rights and options under the agreement. Volkswagen will begin the settlement program immediately after the Court grants final approval to the class settlement, which is anticipated on October 18, 2016."

autdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 NB, 2003 NB, 2006 Touareg, 2015 Jetta, 2013 Beetle, 2013 Touareg
Still no transcript, really interested to read what happened.

dgillilan

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI sold back to VW
Found some court transcripts and documents from 7/26/16

Hello, I also wanted to see transcripts and official type of documents.
I did a search and I think I found transcripts of the documents from the court today, I found two online, from today. This is the title:
"Plaintiffs' Notice of Motion, Motion, and Memorandum in Support of Preliminary Approval of the Class Action Agreement and Approval of Class Notice", Hearing July 26, 2016, etc.
These documents at this site offers much more than I found in the documents on the VW settlement site. I will list the website address here and also the "timeline" that offers a bit more detail than what VW had shown:
http://www.cand.uscourts.gov/crb/vwmdl/proposed-settlement-docs
And I got to these documents from doing a search and on the page referenced above, scroll to bottom and choose the document as titled above with a number "1609" beside it and download the whole thing. It even lists names of the actual people in the class action suit and their home state and affected type vehicle. There is a wide representation on that list. I think that these folks must be the ones that are sort of representing the owners and lessee's interests to the judge and litigators.
"Proposed Final Approval Hearing Schedule" see pg. 32 for dates and further details:
Date Event
June 28, 2016 Settlement Class Representatives file Motion for
Preliminary Approval of Settlement
June 30, 2016 Status Conference with the Court
July 5, 2016 Volkswagen provides Class Action Fairness Act Notice
to State Attorneys General
July 26, 2016 Preliminary Approval Hearing
[Remainder of schedule assumes entry of Preliminary
Approval Order on this date]
July 27, 2016 Class Notice Program begins
August 19, 2016 Class Notice Program ends
August 26, 2016 Motion for Final Approval filed
September 16, 2016 Objection and Opt-Out Deadline
September 16, 2016 End of Eligible Seller Identification Period
September 29, 2016 Deadline for State Attorneys General to file
Comments/Objections to this Class Action Agreement
September 30, 2016 Reply Memorandum in Support of Final Approval filed
There is another document there also, that tells about the specific plans to be taken to notify owners with specific newspapers, and the plans of the firm that will do all this work, in this document entitled:
"Supplement to Proposed Class Notice Program" with number 1680 beside it, at same web address. It includes attachments and short form notice and long form notice.
Hope this helps, I have saved the documents as before and the site address,
Debra

Last edited:

fredthe

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagon SEL DSG
Still no transcript, really interested to read what happened.
Expect the transcript to take a few days. The June 30 transcript was posted July 5 (3 working days). I expect it'll be up by the end of the week.

autdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 NB, 2003 NB, 2006 Touareg, 2015 Jetta, 2013 Beetle, 2013 Touareg
Expect the transcript to take a few days. The June 30 transcript was posted July 5 (3 working days). I expect it'll be up by the end of the week.
It's up now, after reading it, I expect all objections to be ignored.