Great read: Engine Technology International free e-magazine

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Very, VERY interesting e-issue covering, among many others, BMW’s tri-turbo Diesel, bi-turbo Diesels from Audi and Opel (interstage water-to-air cooler…….), a Mercedes-Benz Diesel Hybrid and the state of the Diesel car market in America.
http://bit.ly/MBnLpG
(From the above link you can also print or save a PDF copy if you prefer – view two pages side-by-side and full-screen of the PDF copy in an appropriate viewer - I use Foxit Reader - gives an amazing view in Full HD resolution and you can even have the text read out loud to you.)

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Great link, thanks!

I've been using Foxit on this machine, and I think I actually like the official reader better.

The official reader even has support for putting the PPI of your screen in, so 100% zoom really is 100%, if that's important to you. (I've been known to use a 3840x2400 22.2" screen, where two real-size letter or A4 pages fit on the screen at 100% zoom almost perfectly, with 204 ppi for great readability.)

Condorr

TDI
none
BMW M550d xDrive

BMW M550d xDrive

Engine:Tri-Turbo 3.0L I6 Diesel

Power:376 HP / 546 LB-FT

Transmission:8-Speed Automatic

0-60 Time:4.7 Seconds

Top Speed:155 MPH (limited)

Drivetrain:All-Wheel Drive

Seating:2+3

MPG:37.3 (est.)

MSRP:$71,000 est

Last edited:

diesel4ever

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2000, black
The data is just mind boggling. And to achieve that economy? This has just made the top of my 'most desirable cars'. Will it be available in SW config?

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
...Will it be available in SW config?
What do you mean by "SW", sport wagon?

The answer is yes, for continents where this is being sold. Unfortunately, N America is not one of them. :(

Last edited:

Dooglas

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta
The answer is yes, for continents where this is being sold. Unfortunately, N America is not one of them.
Ah, a 376 hp station wagon that does 0-60 in 4.7 seconds? Not so sure that is really what mom needs to drive the kids to soccor practice.

Last edited:

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Ah, a 376 hp station wagon that does 0-60 in 4.7 seconds? Not so sure that is really what mom needs to drive the kids to soccor practice.
But then they can get to the soccor field before they leave the house! Imagine how ready the kids will be to get out there and play after mom scares the crap out of them while driving this monster.

diesel4ever

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2000, black
But then they can get to the soccor field before they leave the house! Imagine how ready the kids will be to get out there and play after mom scares the crap out of them while driving this monster.
All the while not feeling guilty for burning too much of precious juice.

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
**** the soccer moms, I could really use that to go on vacation or haul crap back from the garden store. :D The tire bill would be painful. :eek: