Buy Back Spreadsheet - Track our buyback status

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
Has anyone else gotten past this point of the process?
Yes, way beyond this step. Some people are turning in their cars next week.

VW has a huge backlog of people wanting to turn in their cars. If you just uploaded your docs, it could be a while before you get to the end.

Andrew7035

TDI
Tdi GSW SEL
Spoke with claims line

Just a quick update. I spoke with someone at the claims number since I uploaded my docs 10/25 and the status has never changed from "received and under review". I was told that they are no longer utilizing that part of the claims website.

She also said that I should expect and offer by the 29th, I asked her multiple times and she said yes expect an offer by 11/29 since the "20 business days clock did not officially start until 11/2 and taking into account the Thanksgiving Holiday that puts you at the 29th.

Also I have a leased 2015 GSW TDI SEL.

JMugmon

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
Just a quick update. I spoke with someone at the claims number since I uploaded my docs 10/25 and the status has never changed from "received and under review". I was told that they are no longer utilizing that part of the claims website.
She also said that I should expect and offer by the 29th, I asked her multiple times and she said yes expect an offer by 11/29 since the "20 business days clock did not officially start until 11/2 and taking into account the Thanksgiving Holiday that puts you at the 29th.
Also I have a leased 2015 GSW TDI SEL.
Believe it when it happens. I've been told three times that my offer would be coming today. "The computer says it will be emailed out today sir" I guess that got me to hang up the phone. On the second and third round I asked to have a call back from a manager. Still waiting (five days) for that call.
Docs uploaded 9-30/complete 10-27. Nothing since.

Last edited:

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
I was told that they are no longer utilizing that part of the claims website.
LOL! Then why did they make me go through that crap! uuugh....

By the way, I still want to know my options and the website has locked me it now.

I am keeping the A3 at least until we know more, but definitely turning in the Passat. At 5 years, time for a new car anyway. The American interior is not the same as the German materials.

derekmw

TDI
2010 Audi A3 TDI Premium, 2015 Tesla Model S 70
Got my offer letter today with a lien:

2010 A3 TDI Premium Plus
10/11: Docs Uploaded
10/25: Docs approved
11/18: Offer received

savage99

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
Just received my offer today as well!,No lien; 2013 Jetta TDI.

Documents accepted 11/4 and offer received 11/18. (10 business days).

Regulartdi

TDI
2.0 13 Passat and 11 Jetta
Our Jetta status

So we submitted our documents on 18 October, on 14 November, VW found my U.S. Military ID, a Government ID, as not acceptable. Sent in my Florida Drivers License same day and today the 18th of November just got an email saying documents reviewed and all are acceptable.

They are now reviewing for eligibility. We bough our 2011 Jetta in early June 2016.

10/18/2016 Uploaded
11/14/2016 One Doc Rejected, Resubmitted
11/18/2016 Doc's accepted awaiting Verification

We have a 13 Passat as well, but we have not decided if we are going to turn it in or not, we really enjoy this car.

kkjasti

TDI
2012 Golf
Got an offer this morning - 2012 Golf TDI with a lien from a credit union

10/10 - docs uploaded
10/31 - docs accepted
11/18 - offer letter

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
One of my entries (which I had verified were there earlier by closing and re-opening the spreadsheet) has disappeared. I re-entered the data just now. Just a note that data may be disappearing.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
One of my entries (which I had verified were there earlier by closing and re-opening the spreadsheet) has disappeared. I re-entered the data just now. Just a note that data may be disappearing.
There is a warning there that sometimes the thing might need to be restored from a backup, which would make it seem like data might have vanished.

If you ever want to mess with this in any extensive way, you can pull a local copy by "File->Download as". I happen to have Excel, and that works just fine. There are other options on the menu..

tkdcmpedude

TDI
2015 Golf S
Got an offer this morning - 2012 Golf TDI with a lien from a credit union

10/10 - docs uploaded
10/31 - docs accepted
11/18 - offer letter
Your data really makes me hope something happens for me and my family soon because my docs were accepted on 10/18 and still waiting here.

-tkd

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
There is a warning there that sometimes the thing might need to be restored from a backup, which would make it seem like data might have vanished.

If you ever want to mess with this in any extensive way, you can pull a local copy by "File->Download as". I happen to have Excel, and that works just fine. There are other options on the menu..
Agreed, but I entered 2 at the same time, verified they were both there when I closed and came back and re-opened, and then a few days later, today, one of the entries is missing. If they had to restore the file, you'd think that both entries would have disappeared since I made them at the same time.

No big deal, I re-entered the data for the missing one in a new entry.

Eggieztdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Man. 2015 TDIs
Offers for private finance are coming in nicely today! 7 for the day 11/19/16, which is more than any other day and possibly all other days combined lol! If this keeps up, I think some of these angry posts will turn into happy ones :) stay calm, confident, and remember there are worse things than having a multi-billion dollar company lie to you! Then lie to you again haha

Last edited:

TDIsoup

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
Offers for private finance are coming in nicely today! 7 for the day 11/19/16, which is more than any other day and possibly all other days combined lol! If this keeps up, I think some of these angry posts will turn into happy ones :) stay calm, confident, and remember there are worse things than having a multi-billion dollar company lie to you! Then lie to you again haha
I appreciate the positivity. I hope I'm soon. While I'm happy for others, it's a tough pill to swallow considering my approved docs have been pending for exactly a month tomorrow, while others only waited a few days from the approval date.

Eggieztdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Man. 2015 TDIs
I appreciate the positivity. I hope I'm soon. While I'm happy for others, it's a tough pill to swallow considering my approved docs have been pending for exactly a month tomorrow, while others only waited a few days from the approval date.
Sorry to hear that bud. You should have gotten your offer on the 15th at the latest I believe. Do you have a lien? I think I posted this in a different thread, but VW Credit has just assigned a team specifically to deal with VWGoA buybacks. It sounds crazy that they would need to do this, but I am optimistic that it will move things along quickly in the coming weeks.

Sigp232

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat
Same boat as your in. Been waiting since 10/13 when i received my green check marks and nothing since. No loan. We just have to wait our turn I guess.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
FYI - there is a new page on the spreadsheet called "Scheduling Stats". This is the delay between being allowed to schedule and the date of the appointment that is booked.

The thing we don't know is whether people are picking the first available date, or if they are picking something a little further out (perhaps awaiting delivery of a new car).

jjm

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SE; 2017 Golf TSI Wolfsburg (replaced 2012 Golf Hatch (Bought back by VW)
FYI - there is a new page on the spreadsheet called "Scheduling Stats". This is the delay between being allowed to schedule and the date of the appointment that is booked.

The thing we don't know is whether people are picking the first available date, or if they are picking something a little further out (perhaps awaiting delivery of a new car).
Thanks for providing this tracking tool. It would be interesting, at least to me, to know how many who take the Buyback replace with another VW. Would you consider adding a column (simply yes/no) for that?

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for providing this tracking tool. It would be interesting, at least to me, to know how many who take the Buyback replace with another VW. Would you consider adding a column (simply yes/no) for that?
It would be interesting, but I am not the one maintaining the spreadsheet - I have no ability to add such a thing. And for that matter, I am not sure if I even have a way to directly contact the actual owner. There is a comments button on the spreadsheet where one can add such suggestions however..

langer

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 a3 & '07 gasser gti
Looks like a lot of people updating info on spreadsheet, bunch of emails go out this weekend? I can't access it 'until the crowd clears'. Finally received 'documents complete' email sometime early this morning.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
Looks like a lot of people updating info on spreadsheet, bunch of emails go out this weekend? I can't access it 'until the crowd clears'. Finally received 'documents complete' email sometime early this morning.
I am not sure, but I think it happens when lots of people have browser tabs left open pointing at the spreadsheet.

I think it would help if anyone who isn't actually using the thing at the moment close the browser tab.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
Now I have an extra entry. Line 998 (user chadbag) can be removed. It won't let me.

MaczPayne

TDI
2009 Volkswagen Jetta
I hope I'm next. I just spent all my elbow grease replacing the fuel system in my car due to the HPFP...

Really looking forward to getting rid of this extra car payment...