Buy Back Spreadsheet - Track our buyback status

jibberjive

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 GSW
Anyone think it would be good to copy that spreadsheet as a blank one at a new address for the 3.0l buybacks that are just starting?

memphes.d

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Buyback in a different state than state of purchase

Hi,

I purchased a brand new Passat TDI in May 2015 from Colorado. A new job moved me to Washington state in early 2017. My car is still in Colorado and will be transferring to Washington State by end-June 2017 before my license plate expires and save on registration expenses. I am torn between initiating and completing the buyback in Colorado state itself and initiating the buyback in Washington state later this year if it will not be a hassle. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Memphes

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Check to see if there is a difference in buyback dollars between the two areas. I don't remember the exact residence requirements, but ti might be something worth checking into.

Danny Robot

TDI
2014 JSW TDI
I don't want to be blamed for breaking the spreadsheet but to the OP. Do you want to add columns for AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) Fix and Payment. There are a couple vehicle categories that can actually get their vehicles "fixed" and there are a few diehards out there like myself that are waiting for that to happen.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
I am torn between initiating and completing the buyback in Colorado state itself and initiating the buyback in Washington state later this year if it will not be a hassle. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!
Memphes
It's of no consequence which state you or the car is in. The regional buyback amount is set based on the state the car was registered in in September 2015. You'll be promoted to furnish registration at the time you initiate the claim, but it doesn't matter which reg cert you use (CO or WA), since Colorado is the returning region for your offer.

There will be no problem beginning the process now but completing it elsewhere -- the preferred buyback dealership you choose at the outset is not binding.

dieselover2

TDI
2013 JETTA
Owner's experience after emissions fix.

I have subscribed to the Dieselgate - VW Group, but can't find anything on possible/probable power loss after having the emissions fix performed by VW.
Have used different key phrases and advanced search w/o success. Would like to know what to expect if & when I have the fix done on my 2013 Jetta.
Being relatively new to the tdi club, am I missing something?

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Since there is, as yet, no fix for a 2013 Jetta, nobody here can answer your questions.

krlesch

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL (Buyback May 9, 2017), 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid Advance
I just received my $350 yesterday. Buyback was on May 9th. Didn't take very long at all.