Buy Back Spreadsheet - Track our buyback status

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
The locked tabs refresh approximately instantly--there may be a few seconds' lag time, but it's "live" with the data on the first tab.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
me neither man, me neither.
quick general question on this here spreadsheet that i bookmarked (yes, for real). As people fill in the input sheet with their dates... anyone know how often do the locked pages refresh to reflect what's been filled out? Instantly, Daily, Weekly? Bueller, Bueller?
It seems to be instantaneous.

Sometimes you can just park your browser on the Input tab, and watch people enter data. You don't see individual keystrokes, but you see the fields get filled in one-by-one.

blondeshady2001

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 BGM DSG TDI 4DR
Thank you gentlemen. I have watched others input data on the live page in real time. As they do it, depending on what dates they put in where, I either feel envy (if they're putting in schedule buyback dates), or empathy (if they're just now filling in document uploaded dates). I currently fall in the middle of purgatory.

Alchemy

Veteran Member
TDI
None thanks to dieselgate
For Those Who Have Scheduled Buyback Appointments...

Are you picking the earliest day possible, or a day that is convenient considering that a replacement car is necessary?

Ours is sitting in the driveway as it has been for the past three months. Uploaded notarized documents yesterday and hope to hear back tomorrow. Will drop it off the same afternoon if the good Lord is smiling upon me.

After owning three TDI's, we are almost VW free which is sad and wonderful at the same time.

JMugmon

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
News on the VW Claim call-in number. I called in this morning to check on the status of my claim as it has been 16 days since I was told..."We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the Settlement Claims Program and, if applicable, will provide you with a final offer, within ten business days."

The representitive said, as of today, they are no longer checking on the computer the status of indivdulas using the claim number. She said that department, which I had previously been transfer to, was closed! They are only now explaining the process and general timings and not looking at individual claims.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
The representitive said, as of today, they are no longer checking on the computer the status of indivdulas using the claim number. She said that department, which I had previously been transfer to, was closed! They are only now explaining the process and general timings and not looking at individual claims.
And if you have a problem, what are you supposed to do? Is there a different department for that?

Sigp232

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat
The way things are going soon all calling numbers to them will be disconnected or numbers will be transferred to a donut store. Going to be a rough X-mas.

savage99

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
Thanks for creating the spreadsheet! I uploaded my documents and they couldn't comprehend how to deal with a car that was paid off and had a lien release as opposed to a reissued title. So they kicked it back after 10 days of review, I resubmitted my documents, 10 more days and they kicked it back again, I called and resubmitted it a third time and they said all is good. During one of my phone calls to explain the title information they said I had to have the title reissued. I said no way, in NYS that is not necessary and it would add a few months to the schedule. Amazingly they said I was all set...

shovelhd

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW
Current Google Drive error:

"Wow, this file is really popular! It might not be available until the crowd clears. Try again"

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
Current Google Drive error:

"Wow, this file is really popular! It might not be available until the crowd clears. Try again"
Jeez - you guys have crashed Google.

On a more serious note, it seems that too many people have browser tabs open pointing to the spreadsheet. If you aren't actively looking at it, you should probably close the tab.

Last edited:

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
I just received the email to schedule my appointment. Dec 6th was the first day available. All available dates were on Tuesday. I own the car and have the title in hand.

Last edited:

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
FYI - we are just at about 200 people on the spreadsheet that have offer letters (we hit the '100' milestone on Friday night). But we are just at about 1000 people in the spreadsheet, which kind of amazes me as well. It is sometimes hard for me to tell whether the increases are due to more people entering data or people actually getting their

Still no sign of real progress for:

• People with any financing.
  • People with a lease.
  • People who bought after 09/17/2015.
As best anyone can tell, it is still only cars with no loans that are being processed, and VW isn't telling anyone why it is that this is the case.

blondeshady2001

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 BGM DSG TDI 4DR
What if... now bear with me as this probably only applies to people with financing, but what if VW is paying off the loans behind closed doors, unbeknownst to the customers. You need a title when you take the car back in with you, yes? If VW is paying off the cars, then the lean-holder (bank, credit union, etc etc) will then release the title to the owner of the now paid off car. Once said institution informs VW that the loan has been paid off, VW unlocks level 16 for us, while the title is mailed to the owner. That way, when you receive the title, as far as VW is concerned, you're in the same financial position as the people that have already paid off their cars, i.e., title in hand. I don't know, I think I'm just looking for some justification or train of common sense that can be devised from what we know. Attempting to fill in the gaps of what we don't.

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
What if... now bear with me as this probably only applies to people with financing, but what if VW is paying off the loans behind closed doors, unbeknownst to the customers. You need a title when you take the car back in with you, yes? If VW is paying off the cars, then the lean-holder (bank, credit union, etc etc) will then release the title to the owner of the now paid off car. Once said institution informs VW that the loan has been paid off, VW unlocks level 16 for us, while the title is mailed to the owner. That way, when you receive the title, as far as VW is concerned, you're in the same financial position as the people that have already paid off their cars, i.e., title in hand. I don't know, I think I'm just looking for some justification or train of common sense that can be devised from what we know. Attempting to fill in the gaps of what we don't.
VW isn't paying off loans until they get the car. What if you change your mind and never come in with the car or sign the offer letter?

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Interesting speculation. One point of arguement is that you don't need a clear title to sell or turn in the car. If you did, then that would keep lots of people for being underwater on car loans.

kkjasti

TDI
2012 Golf
I am actually in a pretty bad spot right now. We are moving back to India for good end of this month and no matter however I try to reach VW, I got no information on how my situation will be handled.

My car has a loan on it and I am in the limbo state where the my "eligibility" is being determined since Oct 31.

kc1174

TDI
Was a 2015 A3 Prem Plus
I am actually in a pretty bad spot right now. We are moving back to India for good end of this month and no matter however I try to reach VW, I got no information on how my situation will be handled.

My car has a loan on it and I am in the limbo state where the my "eligibility" is being determined since Oct 31.
You might want to email info@vwclasscounsel.com and let them know. They may be able to help. May involve having someone act as power of attorney on your behalf when it's time to turn it in. I'm no lawyer so I don't know - email those folks though.

tdiwa

TDI
2015 VW Golf TDI SE DSG
And if you have a problem, what are you supposed to do? Is there a different department for that?
Just call the claim number 1-844-98-CLAIM, there are like 5 menu options for different situations. I got through yesterday to change my choice to buyback, and the person I spoke to in a support department was able to access my claim account and reset it.

Also would recommend calling late. They're open until 11pm EST and it seems to be much less busy in the evening than during the day.

uncle fishhead

TDI
2012 Golf
Seems to me that the spreadsheet should be given to one of the attorneys working the case so that a few facts can be given to the judge in the next conference.

IMHO, the key facts are:
1) Document approval appears to be going pretty well. 80% of the docs are approved and the timelines for the process have shown massive improvement. It also seems that the process is not significantly biased by any of the metrics we are tracking.
2) Offer approval seems to be going pretty well for those with paid off vehicles owned prior to the scandal's start. The timelines in general seem to be improving for this class of claimants.
3) The time between offer accepted and VW's recognition of that fact has gotten pretty short. Another attaboy.
4) Offer approval for those with loans, and those that purchased after the start of the scandal sucks. It is so poor that it should be obvious that there is some sort of internal roadblock. These are not the statistics that one would expect from a one to two week delay to get a loan balance. Someone has deliberately stopped progress for these claims. The attorneys should find out what the problem is and how VW can rectify it........and the judge should order them to do so.

N9WSV

TDI
2014 Passat TDI
Made reference to those with loans are not getting offers

It is obvious they are taking more time to process vehicles with loans. Every time I call the claims number you get a different answer. I emailed the class counsel.
I submitted docs 9/22 and they were accepted 10/21. If VW is having delays processing claims with loans, why can't they be more transparent? It's not hard to put information on their website. This is the response I got back (only took a few hours for a response BTW).

I am an attorney with the Plaintiff's Steering Committee. We understand your frustration. The Court has been made aware of the delays in class member claims processing and will likely address the issue at the upcoming 11/30/16 Status Conference. VW will process all approved claims and the Court has asked for patience with this issue. Offer letters should be forthcoming shortly.

If you would like to discuss this further, I can be reached at 415-956-1000 x3359.

Regards,
Alex Larrabee

VW “Clean Diesel” MDL No. 2672 | Plaintiffs Steering Committee
info@vwclasscounsel.com

beancounter

TDI
2014 Sportwagen 2013 Beetle Conv
I think they are not processing claims with loans to pad their stats. They have not been contacting banks in a serious fashion. The problem is there appears no way to hold their feet to the fire to get compliance. They need to work on claims in the order they were received. If that means taking 5 minutes to call a bank that's is what should happen. I did my part they need to do there part. That is the agreement.