When are the 2013's introduced?

cyberdiesel

TDI
2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited
Just wondering if it's worth waiting in light of the current availability and wait times if one orders one to one's specifications. Those new 800 employees in Tennessee must take some time to bring up to speed. It'll likely be a little while until we see a significant bump in production as a result. In addition, they may include electronic goodies such as PDC or perhaps a currently retrofittable rear camera in the Premium.

Any thoughts or leaks for for the 2013 model?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I think the bump in production will be pretty quickly. Most of those jobs are assembly line and the training process is probably on-the-job and shouldn't take too long.

It looks like the CC will get a facelift for 2013, but I think the Passat will stay the same. There may be a small change in features - hopefully a manual transmission with options (hint hint, VW).

IIRC, October is when things transition to the new model year.

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
I've already decided to wait, although there's no guarantee any of this will change -- including component upgrades. Just hopeful for a better Nav unit. I'm guessing there will be a 1.5% price increase.

cookeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
The rear view camera will most likely make it into production for 2013. It was due in 2012 except for production problems. I also suspect they will activate the rain-sensing wipers and rain auto close for the windows. Activated these on my 2012 and they work great!

wjrodgers

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL Prem. (on order)
The rear view camera will most likely make it into production for 2013. It was due in 2012 except for production problems. I also suspect they will activate the rain-sensing wipers and rain auto close for the windows. Activated these on my 2012 and they work great!
where did you hear this? not saying i don't believe you, just curious and hopeful

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Dealers are rumoring of the rear camera for 2013. It was supposed to come out in 2012 but the tsunami/quake in Japan had other plans.

Niner

duplicate account, banned
Wiped out supply of rear view camera's. Wonder if 2012 can be retrofit into a non nav 510 radio?

VeeDubTDI

TDI

wolfsburg_de

Ross-Tech AssociateVendor , w/Business number
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6MT
My coworker has one, a wagon even! I think VW only made two in his color combo or something. It's a nice car, but MPG isn't great and you can feel it's a lot of weight for the 1.8T to be hauling around.

verylongdrive

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf,2001
As far as camera retrofits go, would the "Premium VIII" (SE non-navi stereo) have a. the video (of some format) input jack and b. the wiring to some extent? Or would they actually build the radio down to the spec of the car it's going into?

rtreece

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI Premium DSG
My local dealer tells me that he can still order 2012's for a couple more months and can't order 2013's yet. Does anyone have any more updates on when 2013's can be ordered or will be available? I would hate to order a 2012 and have the 2013's come out right after with improvements!

Thanks
Randy

CNNPress

TDI
12 Passat TDi
That's not possible. I think he is trying to see if he can match what you want to what they have left. All orders for 2012 models were done on April 20, 2012.

My local dealer tells me that he can still order 2012's for a couple more months and can't order 2013's yet. Does anyone have any more updates on when 2013's can be ordered or will be available? I would hate to order a 2012 and have the 2013's come out right after with improvements!

Thanks
Randy

VeeDubTDI

TDI
FYI, 2013 Beetle TDIs are available for order according to Chris. No pricing or delivery date yet.

IXLR8

Veteran Member
TDI
12 Passat Platinum Gray, 02 Golf Black, 01 Jetta Black
Thanks
Randy
I just got off the phone with my sales guy. He said he can't order any more 2012's, April 20th was the cutoff. BUT, he can edit a car to what ever you want, if one has already been ordered but not built yet. So if he has an existing order in for a black one, that has not been built, and you want blue... he can change that existing order and get you a blue one. So maybe that is what your dealer is talking about. He said still no info on when 2013's can be ordered or what the prices might be.

Kchorro

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
2013 specs are out already.
2013 models begin rolling in July.
Check www.askavwsalesguy.com to check out the whole specs.
Only change so far is rear view camera in the SEL Premium and rear AC vents in SE and SEL trim levels...

VW_JW

TDI
2012 Passat TDi SEL Prem on order
I think you may have misinterpreted the listing. Hopefully the VW online configurator will be updated soon with the new prices and configuration options. According to my dealer the options for the tranny didn't change.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Some 2013 cars are already available. A co-worker in Toronto should have picked up his 2013 CC last week. It has a full bench in the back for three across seating.

rtreece

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI Premium DSG

Thanks
Randy
Just talked to a DIFFERENT local dealer and he confirmed that 2012's can't be ordered. He says he expects to be able to order 2013's around the second week of May but he doesn't have the pricing yet. I think this will be my new dealer even though he is a little farther away.

Thanks for the help!
Randy

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
... and at least for the TDIs you can order any model with 6MT -- according to the above link.
No manual for TDI SEL.
Canadian Passat TDI's offer the 6MT across trimlines, U.S. TDI Passat does not for 2012 and will not for 2013.

IXLR8

Veteran Member
TDI
12 Passat Platinum Gray, 02 Golf Black, 01 Jetta Black
Just talked to a DIFFERENT local dealer and he confirmed that 2012's can't be ordered. He says he expects to be able to order 2013's around the second week of May but he doesn't have the pricing yet. I think this will be my new dealer even though he is a little farther away.

Thanks for the help!
Randy
If the dealer has an order in that has not been built yet, he can change the order to what you want... if he is willing to.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
2013 specs are out already.
2013 models begin rolling in July.
Check www.askavwsalesguy.com to check out the whole specs.
Only change so far is rear view camera in the SEL Premium and rear AC vents in SE and SEL trim levels...
... and at least for the TDIs you can order any model with 6MT -- according to the above link.
I think you may have misinterpreted the listing. Hopefully the VW online configurator will be updated soon with the new prices and configuration options. According to my dealer the options for the tranny didn't change.
Up until the cars actually start hitting the lots, all of these mentioned resources are never 100% accurate. Of course if things happen like the Japanese earthquake, there will be things left off the new cars that they were supposed to get.