Got back from the track!!!

TDi RAY

Veteran Member
TDI
Jolf '00 Nogaro Blue.
I got back from the track and my car ran .2 better then it did all year so far. it ran a disapointing 16.433. In first gear though it just spun the tires till redline and it took a while to get them to catch up with the motor. But next week I am going to try and run my 18's because it is alot harder to spin those so that will help with my traction issues. I think that the car should beable to get a high 15 with the way it is set up right now. I also have to play with the vnt actuator to get it back up to 18 psi.

BIGJOHNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf (Black) mine; 2011 Golf (UGM) hers
Ray, do you not have the 11 mm pump installed now? Do you also have the .205 injectors? Am I going to have to make a trip to Ohio? I need to take mine to the track too. After the tires and shine suspension though.

John

tdi rs

Veteran Member
TDI
mk2 16v tdi
Try dropping you tyre pressures to about 15psi you should be able to pick up about .5 second.

BIGJOHNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf (Black) mine; 2011 Golf (UGM) hers
Is that just front tire pressure, or front and rear. I was under the impression one wants to RAISE tire pressure in the rear and lower it in the front for traction. Though it is entirely possible I am way off.

John

TDIracer17

What do you guys think a golf gl tdi would run in the quarter mile with a k&n filter muffler-ectomy and a tuning box? i have all those except the tuning box i will have one in probably 2-3 weeks ill finally have enough money to buy one. also is there a noticeable differance with a drop in filter and a cone filter? i have a drop in currently and i may get a cone if i can find one that isnt to expensive. Any suggestions with what company to go with for a drop in filter?

TDIracer17
Chris
2001 golf gl
1984 Rabbit GTi

pizzaman

Vendor
TDI
2011 GOLF TDI
Ray, I get about the same results. My best time was 16.30 with stock tires. Wheel spin is where we’re loosing few 10s of a second. I believe you’ll drop below 16sec with the 18inch wheels. What was the outdoor temperature at the track?

[ July 12, 2001: Message edited by: pizzaman ]

TDi RAY

Veteran Member
TDI
Jolf '00 Nogaro Blue.
Tdi RS i was running about 20 psi in them yesterday at the track and I still got mad wheel spin.

I am looking for a stock G60 flywheel because I have a lightned one in there now and i think it is what is making the lag from my motor. it doesn't come on till about 2200 and Bug tdi's beetle ran a 16.2 with just a tuning box and mufflersectomy. and his car is instant on.

Piazza Man it was probably about 75° out there at the track yesterday.

Big johnno I have the 11mm pump in right now with the stock manual injectors. I am having trouble getting a set of 205's

TDIracer17 it is hard to say what it will run my guess is about a 16 flat just because it is lighter but it also depends on how your tdi runs. like mine with that setup ran a best of 17.2 but bug tdi's ran 16.2 without a filter. Some of them run real good to start out with sand others we just have to work harder and spend more money.

wuznme

Veteran Member
that is actually not too bad, I know someone with a chipped, coned and exhaust on a VR6 and he ran about the same.