TDI's in Bethlehem, PA

jjvincent

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2K, Green
Re: TDI\'s in Bethlehem, PA

Macaroon,
I have the VAG-COM software and cable on my laptop. If you need to do any adjustments just drop me a line. I live in Bethlehem Twp. just west of the new Rt.33 extension.

macaroon

jjvincent, I emailed you. thank you so much again for the kind offer.

I'm all in favor of a get together. is anyone thinking seriously about this?

my garage is tiny and not heated. I'm likely out as host. if none of us have big enough garages, though, we could get together and shoot the merde sometime and get together to accomplish stuff in spring, once working outside is possible. see what I'm saying?

keep me in the loop, please.

macaroon

Anton Largiader

TDI
'98 Jetta

I'm in northern Chester Co (right by exit 23, Lionville) and I have a VAG-COM also. During the week I work in southern NY state, just north of the Water Gap. I'm keeping my ears open about a GTG!!

- Anton
'98 TDI Jetta

Doublefelix

Veteran Member
Allentown, PA. Do they grow rice in Germany?

I would like to do the egr adjustment. the guy that lives across the street from me has 40,000 miles on his Jetta TDI and is losing power fast. I would be willing to bet it is his intake being all gummed up. He had diaognostics run and his MAF is fine. I really don't need to go through that.

Jim Smith

Just thought I would log in. I am from the Beltzville Lake area in Lehighton. Just picked up my first TDI last week. Love it so much, we are probably going to get another one for my wife.

Interested in installing a K & N air filter and tuned exhaust, but curious what is the best brand for the Desiel and what kind of sound do you get with the exhaust? Any info. would be appreciated.

TKS

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased

Originally posted by Anton Largiader:
I'm in northern Chester Co (right by exit 23, Lionville) and I have a VAG-COM also. During the week I work in southern NY state, just north of the Water Gap. I'm keeping my ears open about a GTG!!

- Anton
'98 TDI Jetta
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I used to work in Lionville...over in Pickering Industrial Park, off of Welsh Pool Rd

Doublefelix

Veteran Member

Okay. . .I saw 3 TDI's today.

One blue Golf GLS I think '03 because of the rims(they were moving so I may be wrong). This was going through Hellertown and getting on the on ramp to I-78, Bethlehem.

I saw a silver Golf in Fogelsville. Took a wrong turn and saw it parked in front of a house off RT 100. Either it was a german made or someone swapped the blue mirrors.

I saw a Black TDI on Easton road in Hellertown. This still had the temp registration in the window.

OK, who are you. . .It is time to fess up.

vwpedler

I run around in the Wilkes-Barre, Hazleton area. I met up with a couple of you guys at Whitebely's house about two years ago. I had a black 2000 Jetta (wrecked) and now drive a Red 1999.5 Jetta.

Dmorocco

TDI
02 Jetta Wagon GLS, Silver

Silver 02 wagon here. I run around the upper bucks/ allentown/trexlertown area.

dsljay

Veteran Member

It is offical. We have enoughtTDI in the greater lehigh valley area to have our own GTG in the valley, maybe in the Park way.Who wants to set it up, I'm organationally ( and spellingly) challagened?

n_a_c

TDI
Only gassers now :(

I'd happily come from Jersey City (next to NYC) for a GTG if someone has a VAG-COM and can do the EGR mod. My 2002 has 11k miles, and I keep hoping that the intake is not already partially clogged. Better late than never, I guess.

n_a_c

TDI
Only gassers now :(

Oops - double post...

[ January 09, 2003, 10:36: Message edited by: n_a_c ]

macaroon

I'm seeing simply a *ton* (relatively speaking) of TDIs lately in the valley lately as well. this morning, a white jetta 2002 or 2003 on rte 78 eastbound at the easton exit (it went to NJ, I went to work), three jettas (2001-2002ish) in the circle in easton all at one time (totally weird, I thought it was maybe a get-together) -- they were all dark, may have been all black. a red 2000 on 78 westbound just east of kutztown. a blue or black golf (unsure of year) in front of o'malley's on 16th and union in allentown (I've seen it there twice), a silver golf (again, year unsure) parked on 15th by linden, a silver jetta in the parking lot of the lehigh valley mall with a vanity plate in the rear window that said "mom's turbo diesel," others I'm forgetting, I'm sure. who are all you people?

well, whatever. nice to see you all, whoever you are.

the real reason I came here is this: I filled up my tank at the hess station on 222 (by the "super" walmart) last week and had horrible trouble for days after. stalling at weird times, boingy noises in my engine -- really frightening. I put some additive in to fix it, and it seems okay now, but I just wanted to let you all know to steer clear. a truly hellish experience.

ciao!

Doublefelix

Veteran Member

Just to let ya all know, I'm in a black golf GLS with black tails and a TDIClub.com plate frame around a dare plate.

If you see me flying up behind you, don't be alarmed. . .I am just trying to see if 1) The VW in front of me is a TDI and 2) If there is a club frame around the plate.

I will give a wave and drop off or pass if on the highway so you can see the frame.

If the VW is not a TDi, I like to pass them just so they can see the "YES, IT'S A DIESEL" on my plate frame just so they can kick themselves for getting the 2.0 instead of the TDI.

I have even had a couple try to "race" me on I-78, but they ussually don't last long. I just hit the accelerator for a couple of seconds just to show them, then leave off. There was that one Jetta that I finally caught up to at the mall. . .It was a chipped 1.8t, de-badged, with more nuespeed stuff on than I knew existed. I lost that one. But I did meet another VW fanatic.

[ February 06, 2003, 10:52: Message edited by: Doublefelix ]

bowlerman

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta tdi black

Originally posted by n_a_c:
I'd happily come from Jersey City (next to NYC) for a GTG if someone has a VAG-COM and can do the EGR mod. My 2002 has 11k miles, and I keep hoping that the intake is not already partially clogged. Better late than never, I guess.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">11k? wont clog that fast. try 50-60k and that fast. dont worry about it yet.

jjvincent

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2K, Green

Are there any updates on the availability of biodiesel near the Lehigh Valley?

dkuster

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf GLS TDI

I remember seeing a post a while ago
(don't remember what forum, and it might
not have even been on tdiclub.com) that
claimed that that big truck stop in
Bloomsbury, NJ (exit 7? off of route 78)
had biodiesel. I never went there
myself or heard from anyone else who
checked it out, so I don't know for sure...

macaroon

I'm closest to that truck stop, I think, so I'll go check it out on saturday after work and report back.

will advise directly.

ciao.

mrw

TDI
1999 Jetta a3

Originally posted by macaroon:

the real reason I came here is this: I filled up my tank at the hess station on 222 (by the "super" walmart) last week and had horrible trouble for days after. stalling at weird times, boingy noises in my engine -- really frightening. I put some additive in to fix it, and it seems okay now, but I just wanted to let you all know to steer clear. a truly hellish experience.

ciao![/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh man, I just bought my first TDI at Tom & Jerry's on 222 (99 a3) I filled up there after leaving the car lot. I drove to Phila.,(my home) with no problems so far.Does anyone know where to get bio diesel in the Philly area?

[ February 21, 2003, 10:58: Message edited by: mrw ]

Doublefelix

Veteran Member

Hey, If any of you guys want to have a little GTG, there is a cruise to a GTG in Valley Forge by the King of Prussia mall on Sunday, March 2nd. The cruise starts at the Firestone Tire shop in the Lehigh Valley Mall parking lot at 10:00 am. The GTG is an all day event with prizes and a food drive. It will be mostly gassers, but VW's all the same. If you don't want to go to the GTG, you can still stop by the cruise starting point. There is expected to be well over 100 cars at the GTG and a few cruising down from Allentown, myself included. If you need any adjustments, The GTG will probably see a few VAG-COM's.

There is also a small GTG on March 8th, 7:00 pm at the City View Diner by the Lehigh Valley Mall. I am going to try to be there for that also.

Both of these are primarily gassers, but they are still VW's. I cannot believe 100 cars will be there without any TDI's.

Hope to see you there. If you go, print out in a large font your TDIClub screen name and TDIClub.com under it to put on your dash. It is an idea from the vortex. Mine will have both TDIClub.com and VWVortex.com under it. Of course the TDIClub.com will be first and the TDIClub.com plate frame is on the back. . .DIESEL PRIDE.

tobszanski

I've seen quite a few on my I-78 commute from Easton to Bridgewater, NJ. My TDI is a 2001 Silver Jetta, black leather interior.

I'm a few thousand miles shy of my first timing belt change, so I'm looking for advice on the best place to have my belt change completed. Are there any good independent diesel shops in the Lehigh Valley (or surrounding communities, including New Jersey) that can handle the belt change? If not, which of the local stealerships have the best service reputation?

Thanks in advance.