TDIFest 2015

vwUMO

TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2003 JSW TDI 5MT ,2012 Jetta TDI 6MT, 2013 jetta TDI 6MT
I live in Bethel, so happy to assist. Can also lead any rides if folks want scenery. The Irving in town has the best/most consistent fuel for those of you tanking up. I've never managed to make it to one of these but am happy to attend for once!
Also, if there are any HAM guys out there, I have a cool setup in my Jetta to show... :)

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
N1DAS & g/f Lisa --> IN.

Looking forward to TDIfest2015!! Count us in!

I'm planning to bring the 2014 BMW 535d to the 'fest like I did in 2013. :cool: In 2013 I had picked up the 535d about 2 weeks before TDIfest2013.
N1DAS & Lisa registered! :cool:

Just turned 53k miles on the 535d. If it were my only car it would be just passing 100k miles now. :cool:

vwUMO

TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2003 JSW TDI 5MT ,2012 Jetta TDI 6MT, 2013 jetta TDI 6MT
N1DAS & Lisa registered! :cool:
Just turned 53k miles on the 535d. If it were my only car it would be just passing 100k miles now. :cool:
N1BMG Here...

146.88 PL100hz KQ1L is repeater of choice fyi :)

BuzzKen

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'10 Touareg TDI, '09 335D, '10 X5D
n1das said:
I'm planning to bring the 2014 BMW 535d to the 'fest like I did in 2013. :cool: In 2013 I had picked up the 535d about 2 weeks before TDIfest2013.
I will most likely be bringing the 335D, I'll show you what some breathing mods and a tune do to this motor. I so wish I had 4 wheels grabbing like u......

Last edited by a moderator:

n1das

TDI
I will most likely be bringing the 335D, I'll show you what some breathing mods and a tune do to this motor. I so wish I had 4 wheels grabbing like u......
Excellent! Looking forward to this! :)

The 535d so far has been absolutely flawless and a hoot to drive. :cool: Still planning to bring it to TDIfest2015. :cool:

Sadly my 2012 X5 35d is currently at Tulley BMW in Nashua NH getting looked at to diagnose a Check Engine Light or SES (Service Engine Soon in BMW-speak), multiple codes thrown and way down in power due to limp mode from throwing the codes. Reduced power in limp mode is such that it can't maintain highway speed and almost can't climb the hill in my neighborhood. Car was running excellent and power and MPGs were all where they should be prior to this happening over the weekend and gave no prior warning. Car currently has 95k miles on it, bought used (CPO deal) at 52k miles. This is the first time it has ever thrown a code or misbehaved at all. :(

Fortunately the X5 35d is still under CPO warranty. What eventually comes of this will determine whether I decide to keep it past warranty if the root cause turns out to be a recurring issue. :(

Last edited:

YukonLT

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6MT
Might drive up for the day Saturday, would be cool to meet some members here.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
As in the past, the outdoor events are in public and anyone can spectate, but to participate, or to attend the events not being held outdoors, will require appropriate credentials.
We're friendly. We'll talk, we'll listen, but please don't "crash".

YukonLT

TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6MT
As in the past, the outdoor events are in public and anyone can spectate, but to participate, or to attend the events not being held outdoors, will require appropriate credentials.
We're friendly. We'll talk, we'll listen, but please don't "crash".
Appropriate credentials?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
All attendees must register for the event. This process for this is explained in the first post of the "registration is LIVE" thread (sticky in this forum).

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Not bad! since for the last 18+ years no contribution was required and there is no Advertising.......;)
^^This… I've probably saved several thousand dollars over the years doing my own repairs using the FREE information and advice that I have found on this website.

YukonLT

TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6MT
My bad, I quickly skimmed through the requirements.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
My bad, I quickly skimmed through the requirements.
You're welcome to come up! As Lug_Nut said, outdoor activities are open to the public, but if you want to attend any of the tech sessions, you will need to register. Hope to see you there!

BuzzKen

TDI
Excellent! Looking forward to this! :)

The 535d so far has been absolutely flawless and a hoot to drive. :cool: Still planning to bring it to TDIfest2015. :cool:

Sadly my 2012 X5 35d is currently at Tulley BMW in Nashua NH getting looked at to diagnose a Check Engine Light or SES (Service Engine Soon in BMW-speak), multiple codes thrown and way down in power due to limp mode from throwing the codes. Reduced power in limp mode is such that it can't maintain highway speed and almost can't climb the hill in my neighborhood. Car was running excellent and power and MPGs were all where they should be prior to this happening over the weekend and gave no prior warning. Car currently has 95k miles on it, bought used (CPO deal) at 52k miles. This is the first time it has ever thrown a code or misbehaved at all. :(

Fortunately the X5 35d is still under CPO warranty. What eventually comes of this will determine whether I decide to keep it past warranty if the root cause turns out to be a recurring issue. :(

My money is on egr valve, but it will be emission related I'm sure. I wouldn't know of such issues on my X5D.............

BuzzKen

TDI
LOL, it already has plenty of Weapons grade TORQUE in bone stock form! :cool:

In stock form, it had nothing on my ex-'01 Golf tdi. I wasn't sure whether to be disappointed in the 335 or happy that the Golf is that quick. Lols.

n1das

TDI
My money is on egr valve, but it will be emission related I'm sure. I wouldn't know of such issues on my X5D.............
Well now I'm on the fence on which car to bring to TDIfest2015. I got the X5 35d back today, all fixed under CPO warranty. Turned out to be a failed MAF, EGT, and boost pressure sensors. Car runs BETTER than it ever has before and mileage and power are improved. I'm not sure which car to bring to TDIfest2015 because both are such a hoot to drive. :cool:

Anyhow Lisa and I are all registered for TDIfest2015 and lodging is booked. Looking forward to meeting you there! :)

Last edited:

n1das

TDI
I decided I'm going to bring the X5 35d to TDIfest this year since I brought the 535d there in 2013. I also want a ride in BuzzKen's modded 335d. :cool:

Anybody planning to bring a T'Reg V6 or V10 TDI or Audi Q7 TDI to TDIfest this year?

BuzzKen

TDI
I decided I'm going to bring the X5 35d to TDIfest this year since I brought the 535d there in 2013. I also want a ride in BuzzKen's modded 335d. :cool:
Anybody planning to bring a T'Reg V6 or V10 TDI or Audi Q7 TDI to TDIfest this year?

I can't bring ALL my toys.........