How much can I get with 1752

Milo0p

TDI
Ibiza PD130
Hello!!

I have a ibiza PD130 with a VB on it.

How much boost can handle the 1752 with no problems?

I was thinking some like 1.7bar from 1800 until 2400 rpm, after 1.9/2 bar until 3800 rpm, 1.5 bar@ 4200 and done for me.

Would this turbo work healthy like that ?

Tks, Cya.

correcaminos

Veteran Member
TDI
leon 150 remap
Milo0p said:
Hello!!

I have a ibiza PD130 with a VB on it.

How much boost can handle the 1752 with no problems?

I was thinking some like 1.7bar from 1800 until 2400 rpm, after 1.9/2 bar until 3800 rpm, 1.5 bar@ 4200 and done for me.

Would this turbo work healthy like that ?

Tks, Cya.
machined cold side or completly 2052v cold side?

majesty78

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 3T5 CFFB
Jasengine said:
I thought 1.8 bar was the safe limit?

Well, once upon a time people also thought the earth is a disc*g*

Up to 2bar in lower rev regions is ok for the mentioned turbo.

Maybe take a look at my thread 'see what can be done with a Gt1752v hybrid'.

Greets, Alex

turbo johan

Veteran Member
And use a really good ic, because with 1.8 or even 2 bar efficiency is of the chart high with 52 mm wheel..
I would put this turbo on 1.7 midrange tappering of to 1.5 @ 4200 rpm.

Johan

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Wait a second, are we discussing absolute or gauge pressure here? I think different posts are thinking different pressure...

majesty78

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 3T5 CFFB
2bar @2000rpm and 2.15 up to 3000, at the gauge and at the corrected 4bar map sensor (Vagcom Logs) works fine on mine since quite a few month.

Although i would also not recommend to 'do this at home', i am suprised myself that it still holds up...

Milo0p

TDI
Ibiza PD130
turbo johan said:
And use a really good ic, because with 1.8 or even 2 bar efficiency is of the chart high with 52 mm wheel..
I would put this turbo on 1.7 midrange tappering of to 1.5 @ 4200 rpm.

Johan
Hello!!

Tks for the answers,
Did you have the flowchart from this turbo ?

cya tks.

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
I would have to think that your efficiency would be pretty bad with that kind of pressure. After a certain point it will only serve to hurt performance if you increase boost any further.

Really, boost pressure is just an abstract number in this game. You only want as much boost pressure as is required to obtain acceptable smoke levels (a decent A/F ratio) and EGT's. Anything beyond that just serves to increase pumping losses.

Milo0p

TDI
Ibiza PD130
Hi....

vwmikel, well which turbo you think that would handle this boost? and not loosing the low end torque?

Tks, milo.

cog

Veteran Member
TDI
98 GT.TDI 11O
i think thats the point the 17/22 is used by most because you get vnt 20 performance with vnt 17 response . . if you want more boost than 26 psi then you would need to sacrifice a bit of response from a turbo that can handle your requested boost .
really unless your building a trackday car then the 17/22 is a really good turbo

vwmikel

TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
Milo0p said:
Hi....

vwmikel, well which turbo you think that would handle this boost? and not loosing the low end torque?

Tks, milo.
Some 56 and 59mm wheels seem to be more partial to pushing toward a 3 pressure ratio. You can strap it to the VNT 17 turbine but I think that's going to become pretty restrictive at that point. You probably ought to be looking at swapping the turbine side over to at least a 20-22 turbine.

Milo0p

TDI
Ibiza PD130
vwmikel said:
Some 56 and 59mm wheels seem to be more partial to pushing toward a 3 pressure ratio. You can strap it to the VNT 17 turbine but I think that's going to become pretty restrictive at that point. You probably ought to be looking at swapping the turbine side over to at least a 20-22 turbine.
Hello!!

Well you are saying to hybrid the 1749VB to a 1756 ? that´s it ?

I think that in the 1749VB, the turbine is some like 38mm, can anybody confirm that.

Is there any chance to put a +40mm wheel on the hotside? did I´ll loose low end boost?

And what about the 1749VC, from the TDI 170HP, it could be the platform for the hybrid process, correct? better then the VC.

Cya, tks.

vwmikel

TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
Milo0p said:
Hello!!

Well you are saying to hybrid the 1749VB to a 1756 ? that´s it ?

I think that in the 1749VB, the turbine is some like 38mm, can anybody confirm that.

Is there any chance to put a +40mm wheel on the hotside? did I´ll loose low end boost?

And what about the 1749VC, from the TDI 170HP, it could be the platform for the hybrid process, correct? better then the VC.

Cya, tks.
I don't know the measurement of the VNT 17 turbine wheel off hand, but I will say that in my experience it does little good to swap a turbine wheel without swapping the vanes. That is, reducing the clearance between the turbine wheel and the vanes only negatively affects aerodynamics and frequently causes odd response issues which can be difficult to tune out.

You will probably lose response with a larger turbine wheel, but you just can't expect any drastic power increases without there being some downside. Everything we do here is about compromise.

The later 17 turbine likely has improved aerodynamics and flow so using it as the basis for a hybrid is worth exploring.

majesty78

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 3T5 CFFB
170hp engine is a 16v cylinder head, so the turbo with integrated manifold wont fit to your 8v engine. Also the whole turbo construction from vc turbo is different to the vb unit. (different turbo generation).
The turbine from vb has 37.6mm exducer.
I would not recommend to use bigger than 52mm compressor with stock vb turbine. Its senseless, like has been stated already because of restriction of turbine.

Greets, Alex

Milo0p

TDI
Ibiza PD130
majesty78 said:
170hp engine is a 16v cylinder head, so the turbo with integrated manifold wont fit to your 8v engine. Also the whole turbo construction from vc turbo is different to the vb unit. (different turbo generation).
The turbine from vb has 37.6mm exducer.
I would not recommend to use bigger than 52mm compressor with stock vb turbine. Its senseless, like has been stated already because of restriction of turbine.

Greets, Alex
Hi!!

Well the manifold are different, we can see both below:

Well I think that the big difference is the hotside, turbine. because the compressor will be hybrided to a 52mm wheel no problem there.

I 'm really trying to get a good low end boost, with some like 1.9/2.0 bar between the 2800rpm and 3800.

My hardware are now:

Ibiza 1.9 PD 130
1749VB
IC FMIC Cupra, with 60mm aluminum tubes.
BMC CDA.
Sachs racing clutch
60 mm exhaust line only with end muffler.
EGR OFF
Oil Rad.
Repro by VC power.

I have some like 195 hp @ 4000 rpm and 415 Nm@ 2600 rpm, smoke free.

the car is running good, but I whant more torque and some more hp.

Now about the 1749VC, it is possible to swap all the hotside of the VC to the VB manifold?

Or soldering the VB manifold to the VC turbine?

Should I have some gains? which are the alternatives?

Cya tks.

majesty78

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 3T5 CFFB
No, you cant use the VC turbine in VB housing, its a different turbo generation/construction.

With ~200bhp/400+Nm you are at the end of your stock injectors anyway.

Alternative turbo, but not plug and play would be the GTB1756VK from 2,7L V6 TDI (Audi) , it has very very good down low response and is capeable for at least 230bhp. (If you uprate nozzles....)

Greets, Alex

Milo0p

TDI
Ibiza PD130
Hi...

well for the injectors I'll update for the Fratelli Bosio Race 783, so no problem.

About the 1756VK how much boost you think that the turbo can handle?

Is this better then the VB hybrided to 1756? do you have somemore info about the VK?

Cya tks.

Milo0p

TDI
Ibiza PD130
majesty78-

OK I'm decided, I´ll Try to get one GTB1756VK, do you have any idea of what could be the Flow Chart of this turbo ?

which are the boost that you recommend from 1500RPM to 4500 RPM, I just like more the torque then lot´s of HP.

Cya. tks.

Milo0p

TDI
Ibiza PD130
After some homework I´m thinking in the BMW 1752 turbo, it make 177hp on a 320.

would it be better then the 1756vK??

Cya.

SeattleMK4Golf_BEW

TDI
2006 1.9 TDI Golf (BEW)
@Milo0p @correcaminos
Hello.
I know this was a convo from 17 years ago, but wondering if you recall how well your cars did with upgraded turbos and tunes, but stock PD injectors/nozzles?

I'm hoping to get my 2006 PD TDI Golf up to 180 HP or so with Malone tuning, Colt cam upgrade and a GT1752V turbo. Would be so nice to not have to deal with getting new nozzles mounted.

Thanks!

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
@Milo0p @correcaminos
Hello.
I know this was a convo from 17 years ago, but wondering if you recall how well your cars did with upgraded turbos and tunes, but stock PD injectors/nozzles?

I'm hoping to get my 2006 PD TDI Golf up to 180 HP or so with Malone tuning, Colt cam upgrade and a GT1752V turbo. Would be so nice to not have to deal with getting new nozzles mounted.

Thanks!
They haven't been here since 2012 and 2015. I doubt they will answer your question any time soon......
If you click on the members name it will show the last date they were logged in.
Welcome to the forums and goodluck with your target build.

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
The small compressor GTD2056 should serve. The GTD1752 should be close. The latter should be able to do higher pressure low RPM work, and the former will have a less restrictive exhaust side as well as a bigger compressor( both inducer and exducer ).

My driving does not require the higher flow, and for my BEW, it is currently going together with what I have on hand now, namely a VNT17( and shortly 1043's). Next car in line for a turbo is an ALH with 764's...

Hearing my son declining a 'turning up' project on his ALH with, 'Dad, if we turn it up, it will break sooner'...lol

Douglas

Diesellover Andy

TDI
1997 green passat wagon, 2010 Jetta Sportswagen
FWIW I was running alh with gtd 1756 ceramic ball bearings with wuzetem 160% flow injectors. Blew up original intercooler and two internals. Head gaskets were holding good. Many times had over 30 psi. A few times I had 40 psi for a short time. I’m really happy with injectors. Turbo was built for my 1Z in Poland Wrocław. I’m really happy with turbo as well. Now I’m looking for bhw block that can handle the boost. Blew up 1Z and Alh. With bhw alh head hybrid this thing will fly with 40 psi. Don’t remember injector tips numbers but it was largest available and I think they flow similar as racing pp520?